Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-20-2018, 09:36 PM   #1201
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

You guys make fine points, but the argument was surrounding the price, not the pieces I listed. How about Sideshow Thor: Breaker of Brimstone, Iron-man MkIII Maquette and Thanos on Throne (Waitlists are currently converting)?

I think the strongest argument is selectivity and space consideration. While this is a beast in size, it truly is an incredible feat of engineering and execution. I'm having a really tough time here. If someone said to me right now -- hey I'll get you one in the next batch. You'll have it in a few weeks. I don't know if I could say no to that..
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:57 PM   #1202
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

This statue is in a league all its own....and that’s an understatement.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:55 PM   #1203
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m in same boat in that I don’t want a lot of characters you bring up some beauties in Thor and Thanos. Funny I ordered Thor as well I’d love a Thanos but will I love Thanos down the road the same as Hulkbuster I don’t know . My decisions are based on childhood favs:

Wolverine
Spiderman
Hulk
Thor
Namor
Black panther
Iron man
Tmnt
Batman

So that’s my collection. I decided that ages ago and now I’m at a great time in collecting where I’ve seen amazing examples of these beloved characters for me that I started buying them to enjoy and display.

It’s a very expensive statue . No arguments but it’s two 1/4s really and Hulkbuster itself is massive 1/4 almost two statues in one for its size. Shipping is a killer but the way I look at it, once pictures start turning up of this beast in collections beside our other fav characters most collectors will scramble what they can to get one. It’s that good let’s face it! It’s a grail Iron Man nothing comes close to it
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:56 PM   #1204
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
You guys make fine points, but the argument was surrounding the price, not the pieces I listed. How about Sideshow Thor: Breaker of Brimstone, Iron-man MkIII Maquette and Thanos on Throne (Waitlists are currently converting)?

I think the strongest argument is selectivity and space consideration. While this is a beast in size, it truly is an incredible feat of engineering and execution. I'm having a really tough time here. If someone said to me right now -- hey I'll get you one in the next batch. You'll have it in a few weeks. I don't know if I could say no to that..
Well I have the XM Thor, and that's plenty good enough for me on a Thor statue. I have no need for the Iron Man MkIII because I'm getting this one, And I have Thanos on Throne. This is my list of characters and my have's/plans to have:

- Batman (P1 DKR Black, Blue, and Hush. May also get the new Tweeterhead 1/6 classic blue/black)
- Superman (P1 Hush)
- Catwoman (P1 Hush)
- Joker (New SS PF)
- Wonder Woman (New SS PF)
- Hulk (Hulk vs Wolverine)
- Wolverine (SS PF Blue and XM Brown)
- Thanos (Throne)
- Thor (XM 1/4)
- Captain America (XM 1/4)
- Iron Man (XM Hulkbuster)

And that's it. I couldn't name you another character beyond those that I would definitely buy a statue of.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:40 AM   #1205
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That’s a really expensive list . I couldn’t do that if I tried lol. I splurged on Hulkbuster the rest of mine I either already own or make small payments on. Great selection anyways
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:43 AM   #1206
mva5580

Yeah I know, but well that's my list. I've got 6 of them now, 8 more to go. I'm not 100% on the Brown Wolverine yet, but from what I've seen it looks really good. Just need to see it painted. And I guess I can't say I'm 100% on the Catwoman either since it hasn't been shown at all but 1) She's a character I want, 2) The rest in the Hush line has been amazing, and 3) P1 doesn't screw around. So I imagine it'll be worth getting.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:56 AM   #1207
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

I would shy away from xm Thor, and grab the brimstone one.

More dynamic better musculature, granted xm was sculpted by Sosa but Daniel bell’s is definitely better.

Yes I don’t know if I could say no as well to hulkbuster if someone immediately had one in stock. The only consideration now are the huge boxes he comes with.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:01 AM   #1208
mva5580

I'm not getting into that whole Thor back and forth again lol. I've got the XM Thor. I like it. I'm good.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:04 AM   #1209
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Actually, hulk buster is effectively the size of 2 chars with extremis Ironman as a stand-alone piece. You are effectively actually getting 3 statues worth of resin or more.

No harm intended, haven heard a single bad thing about xm Thor except for the footprint
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:10 AM   #1210
mva5580

Yeah that’s pretty much how I’ve looked at the Hulkbuster too; yes it’s really expensive but you’re getting an awesome Iron Man 1/4 and a HUGE, amazing Hulkbuster. Hulkbuster is considerably bigger than Thanos on Throne (going by measurements/videos) and Thanos is $1,200. Current PF’s seem to be around $670’ish. So that’s pushing $2k with shipping. And the Hulkbuster has more to offer in that 1) It’s high level of quality and 2) You’re able to integrate the 2 statues into 1 big display.

It’s a lot of money, I get it. But this is a “lot of money” hobby lol. It’s all expensive.