Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-25-2021, 08:12 PM   #211
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
So true.

Honestly there is no excuse for the plethora of bull---- we have to endure with predator collectibles anymore. Prices increase, QC never changes. Same garbage mistakes over and over. We know they can be done correctly because the prototypes are (for the most part) as well as customs, and these pieces are now reaching custom prices. I'm so over this nonsense.
You're speaking the truth. Thanks to Prime 1, I'm looking around as we speak for independent artist who can repaint my 2 unmasked portraits when my 1/4 comes in...

I shouldn't have to spend more of my hard earned money on the piece. They need to do their damn job correct in the 1st place! I like their sculpts, but their paint works going down hill & is making me want to pass on their future stuff. I feel like I'm being scammed. They're getting on my last nerve...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:31 PM   #212
Dundee
Hydra

Agree with you guys, there sculpts are phenomenal, whereas the paint works and finishing touches leaves a lot to be desired
for with their production piece. I guess this is where the cost cutting comes in. They can do it as shown in the prototype but they choose not to make more $. I really want this 1/3 but man I just know it'll be nowhere near prototype quality. Prime 1 are going to do shat about it as they know their stuff will sell out one way or another.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:33 PM   #213
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If you do payments yourself similar to payment plan they have and save the money and also extra for shipping and wait to see how this turns out in hand you may negate being stuck with something that ends up being poor qc in the end ...Early prime 1 pieces were as advertised they have slipped unfortunately and need to do their customers better in the future otherwise they'll end up with Sideshows reputation of showing a amazing proto which you'll never own but just a knock off version at this price it should be as proto is.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:23 AM   #214
Dundee
Hydra

It's unlikely I would be getting this direct though, as shipping prices will probably cost at least 1k USD to ship, plus taxes and duties. The only pro of going direct is it's easier to get NRD back.

Going local might be a bit cheaper overall, but not by much as they will be pricing in exchange rates and shipping rates. The NRD would also be as good as gone if I decide to cancel. I guess if local cost is equivalent to direct then I might just get it from Prime 1, but if it's like 10% cheaper then I'll risk the NRD and do local.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:13 AM   #215
azurepred
Zot

I don't know what the answer is, but this Predator is very hard to paint well in the factory. Even the best Predator statues fell short in paint compared to the protos imo. They were passable for their time, but things should get better, not worse. We will have to chalk up the Prime 1/4 JH as a practice run and a rush job to make room for this to come out. If this has no ES from the get go, I will definitely be waiting for in hand pics.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 01:49 AM   #216
Dundee
Hydra

Would be interesting to see how they play out the ES. Wouldn't be surprised they hold off for a while to get as many orders in first. They may also adjust it multiple times during the pre order period. I do think it'll be lower than there 1/4 scale.
Old 05-26-2021, 03:42 AM   #217
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Who's getting this?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:13 AM   #218
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I see what you mean. The black dots on the JH are also sharp, they're just sloppier. That makes them worse for me, but I agree that a soft edge is best.

Ideally every dot on the statue should be painted with an airbrush the way they did the hands (and the way the Cinemaquette was done). I hope that's what we get on the 1/3. Surely that's a large enough canvas that they can justify it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
So true.

Honestly there is no excuse for the plethora of bull---- we have to endure with predator collectibles anymore. Prices increase, QC never changes. Same garbage mistakes over and over. We know they can be done correctly because the prototypes are (for the most part) as well as customs, and these pieces are now reaching custom prices. I'm so over this nonsense.
I couldn’t agree more with both of these statements. Yeah, I’ll be waiting how this turns out. Won’t be justifying the incredible amount of cash for a product I’m not happy with. The piece doesn’t even have tie ins with the original creators like Wang, Rosengrant, Legacy or any of the Winston crew. Companies like P1 want you to loose your objectivity, sit on the hype train, feed each other’s exitement and do a compulse buy that enables them to put out mediocre products.
That’s a no from me. For now.
And fix the mandibles sticking out from underneath the helmet please!
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:23 AM   #219
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
... Going local might be a bit cheaper overall, but not by much as they will be pricing in exchange rates and shipping rates. The NRD would also be as good as gone if I decide to cancel. I guess if local cost is equivalent to direct then I might just get it from Prime 1, but if it's like 10% cheaper then I'll risk the NRD and do local.
I went local with the 1/4 preds, but indeed if ES is not above average on this 1/3 then you can assume the distributors on the local route will up their profit even further so price is 100% same with direct.
1/4 was already very close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Would be interesting to see how they play out the ES. Wouldn't be surprised they hold off for a while to get as many orders in first. They may also adjust it multiple times during the pre order period. I do think it'll be lower than there 1/4 scale.
I guess same as previous pred and alien line, ES a few months before release. The Assassin does not even have one set. And with so many statues/lines announced, this 1/3 will take what? 3 full years..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:31 AM   #220
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
Yes indeed. I just tried to dig up the image and here it is. It isn’t stencilled it’s a kinda decal that bonds with the surface material. Looks absolutely horrendous and it’s unacceptable at this price point in my opinion. I’d be shocked if this was how it looked coming out of the box. It’s cheap and lifeless. This is great for P1 because they don’t have to teach a team of painters to create a paint job on the statue, just have a machine or a few pople do this process. Takes less time too.
Wow mr Shreck, did not see this before. Low res adhesive decals is cheappp solution. Looks awful indeed..

Fingers crossed this is not with all the 1/4 preds.
Maybe thats why they used so much blackwash on the 1/4 preds (except the P2).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote