Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-21-2023, 02:12 PM   #21
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
So my collection doesn't look classy then? Because it's JP inspired? I'm trying to grasp your way of thinking but it just doesn't make sense. There's no right or wrong way of collecting. Stop categorizing collections based on YOUR preferences.
Looks awesome!
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 04:52 PM   #22
Forps is back
Mephisto

Guys, the reason i expressed my worries about this new line is cause i am afraid or better said scared that Steve is on a risky path here.

ECC went full berserk on Jurassic. Cooperating also with known studios, the margins are going to be lower and the prices are going to be outrageous. You can see it in yesterday's offering that prices are going through the roof.

I am sure that due to ECC's first Dino being a success , Steve got carried away OVERESTIMATING Dinos fan base and their financial ability/means.

He went full in this line and i am afraid that this is going to be a crucial mistake.

Also ECC's Hellboy license is NOT going to sell well, mark my words.

So Steve's 2 heavy hitters and new lines are going to be a financial disaster for ECC.

I hope that i am wrong cause i am an ECC lover from the 1st day, but the signs are already there.

Steve surely overestimated Jurassic fans market and also how deep-pocketed or not are Jurassic fans in order to be able to follow deep into this line with prices that already seem extremely high.

Let's hope that i am wrong and Steve is right about Jurassic (and Hellboy) but i "smell" a disaster!

Sorry, guys, Forps never sugarcoats anything. And i love ECC so as to not provide my opinion (if Steve ever reads it).
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 04:58 PM   #23
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktank View Post
Tama lemme see the dragon lookin thing on the right side of your second pic please
It's the fell beast from Lord of the Ring. Love that piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220119_213444.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	163724   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220117_122538.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	163725   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191007_233032.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	163726  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 05:01 PM   #24
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Guys, the reason i expressed my worries about this new line is cause i am afraid or better said scared that Steve is on a risky path here.

ECC went full berserk on Jurassic. Cooperating also with known studios, the margins are going to be lower and the prices are going to be outrageous. You can see it in yesterday's offering that prices are going through the roof.

I am sure that due to ECC's first Dino being a success , Steve got carried away OVERESTIMATING Dinos fan base and their financial ability/means.

He went full in this line and i am afraid that this is going to be a crucial mistake.

So Steve's 2 heavy hitters and new lines are going to be a financial disaster for ECC.

I hope that i am wrong cause i am an ECC lover from the 1st day, but the signs are already there.

Steve surely overestimated Jurassic fans market and also how deep-pocketed or not are Jurassic fans in order to be able to follow deep into this line with prices that already seem extremely high.

Let's hope that i am wrong and Steve is right about Jurassic (and Hellboy) but i "smell" a disaster!

Sorry, guys, Forps never sugarcoats anything. And i love ECC so as to not provide my opinion (if Steve ever reads it).
Don't worry about it. You ain't a stakeholder or anything. We are all here to enjoy and appreciate these pieces, not to analyze a business. Stop it already...it's annoying.
Old 07-21-2023, 05:01 PM   #25
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
Looks awesome!
Thanks brother!
Old 07-21-2023, 10:11 PM   #26
Amanasaur
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Don't worry about it. You ain't a stakeholder or anything. We are all here to enjoy and appreciate these pieces, not to analyze a business. Stop it already...it's annoying.
And if we want to analyse then with the T-rex selling out at 700 pieces at $1500 USD or lets says $1000 USD wholesale for half the stock for retailers they made.

Approx $875,000 revenue of just 1 product of 1 line, so no wonder ECC, Universal and partners decided to expand the line this year.
Amanasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:58 PM   #27
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:

You are completely wrong about JP, George has been making Dinos for about 8 years now, first for Chronicle and now for his own company ECC. Every one of them has been a hit, even the Breakout rexes which weren't painted the best sold 1000 pieces. He owns the factories too so the risk is limited compared to other brands. Originally he didn't think it would be worth perusing the license on his own when we spoke after Chronicle died. That is why I was surprised it actually came to fruition that he got into the line himself, so glad he changed his mind.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 11:46 PM   #28
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

The T-rex claw and eye would look great in my collection. Hopefully they go up for preorder soon.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 02:57 AM   #29
Forps is back
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
You are completely wrong about JP, George has been making Dinos for about 8 years now, first for Chronicle and now for his own company ECC. Every one of them has been a hit, even the Breakout rexes which weren't painted the best sold 1000 pieces. He owns the factories too so the risk is limited compared to other brands. Originally he didn't think it would be worth perusing the license on his own when we spoke after Chronicle died. That is why I was surprised it actually came to fruition that he got into the line himself, so glad he changed his mind.
George from Toynami, right?

Ok, if this is true and he is sure about commercial success, i'm ok. I dont want to see Steve also going under after Chronicle.

I too can't believe and i'm still not convinced (like George wasn't a few years ago as you stated) that JP fans can sustain a deep Dinos line with numerous new and expensive (emphasis on expensive) offerings. I'm still more like George from the past, a bit of cautious regarding JP popularity and especially ability of JP fans to sustain such an expensive line. I'll remain a bit of cautious, like George from the past.

Thanks for the insight, though.

My money though is that the line is going to abruptly stop in the near future. I can't be so wrong estimating the depth of JP fans base and their financial abilities/means.

Let's see.

Thanks, 67L88Stingray. Oh and where you connected at any way with Chronicle? There were some rumours going on. I don't know, the rumours were "strong", if you get what i am saying.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 05:54 AM   #30
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
George from Toynami, right?

Ok, if this is true and he is sure about commercial success, i'm ok. I dont want to see Steve also going under after Chronicle.

I too can't believe and i'm still not convinced (like George wasn't a few years ago as you stated) that JP fans can sustain a deep Dinos line with numerous new and expensive (emphasis on expensive) offerings. I'm still more like George from the past, a bit of cautious regarding JP popularity and especially ability of JP fans to sustain such an expensive line. I'll remain a bit of cautious, like George from the past.

Thanks for the insight, though.

My money though is that the line is going to abruptly stop in the near future. I can't be so wrong estimating the depth of JP fans base and their financial abilities/means.

Let's see.

Thanks, 67L88Stingray. Oh and where you connected at any way with Chronicle? There were some rumours going on. I don't know, the rumours were "strong", if you get what i am saying.
Yes, ECC is a sub-brand under Toynami owned by George, so they are not in any imminent risk of going under. He made many Chronicle pieces, so he knows full well that there are plenty of customers for expensive quality JP offerings(which is why I was initially surprised at the hesitation). Had Chronicle not been cheapskates near the end he would have made more too, and perhaps saved them from going under. At the very least we would have had another raptor bust from TLW to match the JP one George did for them.

No, I was never affiliated with Chronicle, the forum trolls that loved to trash them always foolishly pushed that narrative. Many of them got banned, but in the end it didn't matter, and we lost the opportunity for a lot more great pieces from them.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote