Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Seamless or Not? Change of Head Opinions.
Not seamless but have a head change option. 38 52.05%
Seamless with the mouth closed head. 21 28.77%
Seamless with the teeth showing head. 14 19.18%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #131
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I'd have to agree.

Getting your tits in knot about finger nails.

Most of you guys plan to flip this beast.

I say be happy and enjoy your potential profit.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #132
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
If Jerry is happy with it, then we should accept it and be happy with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladdepooier View Post
hmm I think that's asking a bit too much from The Man.
no offense but jerry does his absolute best to keep us all satisfied and having us involved in his projects etc. but IMO there is a limit as to how much we can ask from him if you know what I mean. I think the fingernail "problem" is one of those things that is just asking a bit too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Getting your tits in knot about finger nails.

Most of you guys plan to flip this beast.
This is suprising and disappointing to me.

While I can appreciate Jerry's dilemma in another delay being caused by having the factory change something else on the statue, I can certainly respect peoples concerns for the red fingernails.

1) It wasn't in the original prototype picture when people ordered.

2) It isn't accurate to the source material.

While I would agree that the blue belt and red hair needed to be changed to make it accuate, I certainly was suprised to see the red fingernails added. I personally could care less, as I ordered the regular, but...

Why would anyone bash or tell another collector to accept a change to a statue given the above two circumstances? Lets not forget that we had to wait a year to get Cammy because Jerry wasn't happy with the original costume material. The wait sucked, but it was well worth the end result.

I'm as big a fan of Jerry as the next person in here, but I don't feel it's unreasonable to complain about a change to a statue that isn't accurate to the character or that wasn't announced before it happened.

If Ken had brown hair and yellow gloves, would you guys tell the ones that didn't like it to "deal with it"?

Doubtful!

Also, unless you know that someone who is complaining about a change is a flipper, I personally would keep that statement to myself. Obviously some will flip it, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #133
MinMay
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

You can NEVER make everyone happy. If you make more changes, then you'll upset the others.

Yes, people have rights to complain and voice their opinion. I'm sure Jerry is listening but he can only do so much. I think Jerry said this big bad boy is costing too much to make so he might be losing money. I'm sure the factory is charging Jerry more money to request for a change. If money is involved, then they'll find a reason to charge

The fingernail bottle should be very easy to do. I'm sure your wife or girlfriend can do a perfect job in 2 minutes in covering the red fingernails for FREE

It's all good...be happy.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #134
asura
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Wow...wow...
you have to think about some factors (time, production constraints and costs, approvals from Capcom, etc...) that make all little changes very difficult or impossible. I think the exclusive version sold out pretty well, so that means "in general" people appreciate it.
This kind of comment such as "i'm disapointed you don't listen to us" or "common, make the changes I don't mind to wait" (while I'm sure every statue is more or less ready or in the production process) is not only discouraging for the sculptor/manufacturer but it can just ruin the exchange we can have with Jerry.
Personally, I trust Jerry (and other sculptors from Popcultureshock toys) to sculpt nice poses (museum for mixed-media and dynamical ones for dioramas) and I just don't care about the little details or painting issues as long as the character choice is cool.

However, what I really believe is that fans can give good inputs for the "creative phase" such as giving some thoughts about character choice, poses, outfits, colors. But once the production process started or the final sculpt is done, we collectors should be able to say "I like it" or "I don't like it" but not asking for changes.

I hope you got my point of view.
asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #135
gladdepooier
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Well I do respect people's opinions and I'm am not the one to tell them it is wrong to ask for changes. I just feel like that we should be grateful for just the simple fact that jerry actually gave as a mecha 'gief and I'm sure he did his best to be as accurate as possible.
the red fingernails and black hair is somewhat nitpicking to me, but I do understand that it may be a big concern to others. I just wanted to say that sometimes you can't have it all and we should remember that what we already got is something special.
that still doesn't mean you should settle for less then perfect and you are always allowed to voice your opinion but then again, sometimes you can't have it all.

I hope you understand my point. (my english isn't all that clear. let alone explaining something )
gladdepooier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #136
Sinister Mister
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Well then i'd just like to voice my opinion and say that if all it's going to amount to to change the red fingernails back to grey as originally planned on the promo pic is a month or so delay like Jerry said, then i'm all for it and won't mind waiting one bit. As was mentioned by Speedy we waited for Cammy's delays and it was worth the wait. I don't mind an additional month wait one bit. Good things come to those who wait.
Sinister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #137
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
You can NEVER make everyone happy. If you make more changes, then you'll upset the others.

Yes, people have rights to complain and voice their opinion. I'm sure Jerry is listening but he can only do so much. I think Jerry said this big bad boy is costing too much to make so he might be losing money. I'm sure the factory is charging Jerry more money to request for a change. If money is involved, then they'll find a reason to charge

The fingernail bottle should be very easy to do. I'm sure your wife or girlfriend can do a perfect job in 2 minutes in covering the red fingernails for FREE

It's all good...be happy.
Yeah, except these changes make the colors accurate. If someone said "leave the red nails because I think they look pretty" well that's their opinion, but it also means they don't know the character from a hole in the wall, so why even pipe in? Why buy the thing if you have no clue about it?

What you've got here is a character not even in the true SF universe (comes from a crossover game) at a very limited number. Now I know a lot of people want it because they truly love the character, probably even more just for flipping and a good handful that just want it because it's an Ex and it makes them feel nice having a rare statue or completing the entire line...regardless of all that, character accuracy is something ALL should want and the only opinion that should matter here is that of the real Mech Z fans. It's not asking too much to get the fingernails done correctly. They were correct in the proto so I don't even get why they were changed. I understood the hair and belt changes. For a character that is nothing more than a palette swap with a couple extra moves using existing animations, you're damn right colors are important.

On the profit point, Jerry didn't say he was losing money, he said he wasn't making as much as he normally does on a character.

I'm only getting the regular Zangief, but I understand the request for color accuracy here. 100% agreed with Speedy and Sinister here.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #138
Spazzy
Hercules

glad I am getting the regular, it seems like there are no issues with this one.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #139
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy485 View Post
This is suprising and disappointing to me.

While I can appreciate Jerry's dilemma in another delay being caused by having the factory change something else on the statue, I can certainly respect peoples concerns for the red fingernails.

1) It wasn't in the original prototype picture when people ordered.

2) It isn't accurate to the source material.

While I would agree that the blue belt and red hair needed to be changed to make it accuate, I certainly was suprised to see the red fingernails added. I personally could care less, as I ordered the regular, but...

Why would anyone bash or tell another collector to accept a change to a statue given the above two circumstances? Lets not forget that we had to wait a year to get Cammy because Jerry wasn't happy with the original costume material. The wait sucked, but it was well worth the end result.

I'm as big a fan of Jerry as the next person in here, but I don't feel it's unreasonable to complain about a change to a statue that isn't accurate to the character or that wasn't announced before it happened.

If Ken had brown hair and yellow gloves, would you guys tell the ones that didn't like it to "deal with it"?

Doubtful!

Also, unless you know that someone who is complaining about a change is a flipper, I personally would keep that statement to myself. Obviously some will flip it, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
F-I-N-G-E-R-N-A-I-L-S.

It's times like this that make you wonder, what would Van Gogh do?
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #140
XMAN
Ultron

Collectors are often very critical about detail.....
as well as very picky.......what may not matter to some folks will make a whole difference to someone who is critical.....an example is a scuff mark that no one else will notice but you do cause you have an eye for it......or should I say a trained eye...forget the statue ,some are even critical about the condition of the box....that is not even going to be displayed......I see nothing wrong with anyone expressing thier expectations no matter what the size.......even though I'm not getting the Zangief mech, I do understand the importance of getting the fingernails correct or in this case as accurate to the video game character.....But whatever comes of this I'm sure you will recieve one soon to be highly sought after collectible.....
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote