Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-09-2022, 11:07 PM   #21
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Sideshow shipping has tripled for PFs. What was once $25 is now anywhere between $75US to $200US.
I miss those $25 FedEx shipping days.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:05 AM   #22
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Note: RPs do not reduce what DHL charges; in my case a $600 CAD statue was technically zero after RPs but DHL charged handling, tax and duties of $126 CAD. This was on top of SS shipping. Sending to the border puts you at the mercy of COVID tests to get back into Canada.
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:11 AM   #23
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
Note: RPs do not reduce what DHL charges; in my case a $600 CAD statue was technically zero after RPs but DHL charged handling, tax and duties of $126 CAD. This was on top of SS shipping. Sending to the border puts you at the mercy of COVID tests to get back into Canada.
It used to be that way but SSC declares at the price you pay now.
Old 01-10-2022, 07:26 AM   #24
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I miss those $25 FedEx shipping days.
Ahhh I miss those days. Shipping a PF across the Pacific for $30.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:37 AM   #25
banner23
Justice League

Quote:
I was thinking about doing that, but with Covid and the border it could be big headache.
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:39 AM   #26
banner23
Justice League

I know this is a Sideshow forum, but it's the only thread I could find that talks about shipping for Canadians. I was also thinking of ordering from Secret Compass, has anyone had any experience dealing with them ? I will be ordering from either BBTS using Priority Mail International or Secret Compass.
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 03:58 PM   #27
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
It used to be that way but SSC declares at the price you pay now.
The order I refer to was after this year?s Spooktacular so pretty recent. Also confirmed with SS that they can not reduce the value to what I ?paid? as this would jeopardize their license. DHL also confirmed all codes for duties etc? were correct. When did you see the RPs reduce the declared value? I?m guessing you used less than the full value of the product in RPs and an error was made declaring your net payment. SS would not even reduce the value to reflect the 10% off code used with the RPs?it was full pull 100% regular retail price.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:38 PM   #28
stormriders
Justice League

with the tax US states now charging, its cheaper to order from local toy/comic stores in Canada cause you only have to pay GST/PST, and no shipping fee. Saves you the hassle of driving across border to pick up statue too.
stormriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 04:32 AM   #29
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormriders View Post
with the tax US states now charging, its cheaper to order from local toy/comic stores in Canada cause you only have to pay GST/PST, and no shipping fee. Saves you the hassle of driving across border to pick up statue too.
Unless you use SS RPs to bring the cost down to zero which would also reduce US tax to zero. Prime1 also has some pretty aggressive sales and their freight shipping doesn?t trigger US taxes; this option to Canada is not available and costs hundreds more. Here?s hoping Omicron (sounds like Unicron) signals the end of the pandemic so we can jump across the border again for pickup.
Old 01-15-2022, 04:41 AM   #30
VS1976

Quote:
The order I refer to was after this year?s Spooktacular so pretty recent. Also confirmed with SS that they can not reduce the value to what I ?paid? as this would jeopardize their license. DHL also confirmed all codes for duties etc? were correct. When did you see the RPs reduce the declared value? I?m guessing you used less than the full value of the product in RPs and an error was made declaring your net payment. SS would not even reduce the value to reflect the 10% off code used with the RPs?it was full pull 100% regular retail price.
I couldn?t tell you man. All I know is that I am paying the declared valued that I paid (minus the RP).