Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-09-2022, 04:26 AM   #161
qz33
Doctor Doom

Statue collectors are simply a desperate lot.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:21 PM   #162
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority here but PCS has rarely, if ever, come across as aiming to keep their prices down. Quite the opposite in my mind as they've routinely priced their products at a premium. A practice that began far before the pandemic but has only intensified during Covid as it has allowed companies like PCS, XM and P1 to more blatently engage in price gouging. Something they already did brazenly and routinely as this industry has far too few regulations and demands little to no transparency during the best of times.

Anyhoos, I just find it hard to applaud companies like PCS when companies like Tweeterhead are routinely showing that pieces can STILL be sold at a lower cost with higher quality and QC. All while PCS charges six to seven hundred dollars for undersized 1:4 scales and well over a grand for lackluster 1:3 scales. I'd hope more people would continue to voice that same concern but sadly more and more of us seem to simply shrug our shoulders and acquiesce to predatory practices like this since we see them more and more as an inevitability.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:07 PM   #163
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Jerry is doing a new Akuma. I saw it on instagram. He follows me for some reason? lol

While the sculpt looks nice, I couldn’t bring myself to follow him to watch the progress. I just feel too burned by him.

I think another reason I saw the post was because Martin Canale like the post. And I do follow Martin on instagram.

I found that interesting, and wondered what impact Jerry’s actions as a business owner (crook) has had on his standing in the Art/Sculpting community.

Do other sculptors frown on what he did? I wonder how other business owners/sculptors like Eric Sosa view him now.

I always liked his sculpts. Just not a fan of his ethics.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:26 PM   #164
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Jerry is doing a new Akuma. I saw it on instagram. He follows me for some reason? lol

While the sculpt looks nice, I couldn?t bring myself to follow him to watch the progress. I just feel too burned by him.

I think another reason I saw the post was because Martin Canale like the post. And I do follow Martin on instagram.

I found that interesting, and wondered what impact Jerry?s actions as a business owner (crook) has had on his standing in the Art/Sculpting community.

Do other sculptors frown on what he did? I wonder how other business owners/sculptors like Eric Sosa view him now.
I always liked his sculpts. Just not a fan of his ethics.
My guess is, sculptors possibly have respect for his sculpt skills.
Like or loath the guy, didn't he sculpt arguably the most impressive Sylvester Stallone sculpt for the PCS Rambo piece?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 04:46 PM   #165
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Jerry is doing a new Akuma. I saw it on instagram.
Got a link to the instagram post? Curious enough Ant asked on FB who wants to see a new Akuma in what scale...
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 04:53 PM   #166
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm sooo looking forward to a new Akuma
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:01 PM   #167
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagero_no_mai View Post
I'm sooo looking forward to a new Akuma
Yeah, especially as a PCS follower, how can anyone need more Akuma right now?

Obviously it's low hanging fruit. While I understand from PCS' perspective, I want to slap some sense into fellow collectors so that we can get some lower tier characters and those not done before.

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:28 PM   #168
ukshaun
Hercules

Personally, i do not care much for an Akuma statue.
I know there are those that can't get enough Akuma
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:04 PM   #169
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

[QUOTE=ZenLogikos;6013035]Yeah, especially as a PCS follower, how can anyone need more Akuma right now?

Obviously it's low hanging fruit. While I understand from PCS' perspective, I want to slap some sense into fellow collectors so that we can get some lower tier characters and those not done before.

[/QUOTE]

Hugo (and new Poison) incoming!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:46 PM   #170
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Hugo (and new Poison) incoming!
Of course, and kudos to them for trying that one. However, not one I'm interested in. Out of 81 playable characters in the franchise now, there are 25 I'd buy. So far, PCS have only given me 8. (They've done several more, but pre-Sagat release, which I'm not interested in, so they could do them again. Ultimate, Ultra, etc.)
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote