Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 01-18-2021, 04:29 PM   #1
SantaClaraSteve
Doh!

Best casting resin liquid for ComposiMold....

Hello! Just wondering what you guys think is the best casting resin liquid for use with ComposiMold? According to the creators of ComposiMold, the casting liquid should be very low viscosity, with a very long de-mold time, such as 24 hours. This is so as not to melt the composimold while it conforms to the figurine. At least thats how I understand it. I'm sure several of you are more experienced than I am...I've been casting with ComposiMold for about 2 months now. In the beginning, although the molds would turn out fine, it was hard to get the castings to come out right. I create 5-inch figurines out of super sculpey, and they generally have the usual undercuts that create some problems. Lately, they have been coming out much better. I usually purchase the casting resin that their company supplies, which is fine, but it tends to be on the expensive side, which is why I'm trying to find a cheaper casting resin with a very long de-mold time. They say that ComposiMold can handle up to 130 degrees tops. Ok, thank you guys very much for any info!
SantaClaraSteve is offline   Reply With Quote