Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-17-2022, 03:15 AM   #101
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
compare to the other one, PCS looks much better. And yes she does look anorexic in the other one with weird inflated chest.
Damn this one is starting to grow on me, it depends on how dejah thoris turn out because I wont collect 1:3 but I really like her in the comics and her design as a character is kick ass, would probably be as stunning stand alone piece.. choices choices
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 11:01 PM   #102
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

sideshow is charging me and says they will receive the item within 10 days and then it will be shipped to me.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:23 AM   #103
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
sideshow is charging me and says they will receive the item within 10 days and then it will be shipped to me.
Cool, Ant said Dejah isn't too far behind!
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:49 AM   #104
ukshaun
Hercules

It does not seem that long ago that LD went up for pre_order.
Props to PCS for their efforts to not make wait collectors wait crazy long times,
unlike Prime 1 and Hot Toys which are taking 2 or 3 years in some cases.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 07:25 PM   #105
ivory7777

just got it today, hopefully i get free time this weekend to inspect it.

also learned something new about UPS. apparently in my area we have something new called access point. Usually when the item required signature and if you are not lightning fast enough to answer the door, you will have to wait until next day and up to 3 attempts. But thanks to access point, they only give you one attempt and then you have to travel to access point to personally pick up your package since they wont deliver again. well i guess the location depends on each person, but for me it is rather far away and inconvenient getting these larger and heavy boxes. i think paying extra for FedEx looks like a better choice. also i noticed more of my packages coming from UPS are severely damaged compare to FedEx. Though i heard opposite from other people.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:22 PM   #106
nearmint
Phoenix

I'm lucky. We have a UPS store just a few blocks away, so if I miss a delivery, I can pick it up there.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 08:22 PM   #107
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
just got it today, hopefully i get free time this weekend to inspect it.

also learned something new about UPS. apparently in my area we have something new called access point. Usually when the item required signature and if you are not lightning fast enough to answer the door, you will have to wait until next day and up to 3 attempts. But thanks to access point, they only give you one attempt and then you have to travel to access point to personally pick up your package since they wont deliver again. well i guess the location depends on each person, but for me it is rather far away and inconvenient getting these larger and heavy boxes. i think paying extra for FedEx looks like a better choice. also i noticed more of my packages coming from UPS are severely damaged compare to FedEx. Though i heard opposite from other people.
My Purgatori came damaged from UPS, but to be fair, I've had damage from FedEx as well, I dont think the damage usually comes from the delivery drivers, its usually when the packages are loaded and unloaded at the sorting facilities, I know a guy who worked at one for FedEx, and he said stuff is handled ruff, these high end statue companies really need to making the shipping boxes as solid as possible
Old 11-18-2022, 08:28 PM   #108
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
My Purgatori came damaged from UPS, but to be fair, I've had damage from FedEx as well, I dont think the damage usually comes from the delivery drivers, its usually when the packages are loaded and unloaded at the sorting facilities, I know a guy who worked at one for FedEx, and he said stuff is handled ruff, these high end statue companies really need to making the shipping boxes as solid as possible
yeah specially wrapped around bubble wraps or Styrofoam. I also noticed when some of those Chinese stores cover the box completely with yellow tape, making the box much more durable.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:43 PM   #109
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
yeah specially wrapped around bubble wraps or Styrofoam. I also noticed when some of those Chinese stores cover the box completely with yellow tape, making the box much more durable.
Yeah good ideas, I had to send my Purgatori back to sideshow, which meant carefully repackaging it, which isn't easy on a large piece, I mean sideshow is great, and they are gonna send me a new one, but a little better packaging would eliminate the extra headache for me and sideshow/PCS, I actually thought about asking sideshow how much the double boxing would be
Old 11-21-2022, 06:36 PM   #110
trav99ss
Fantastic Four

Mine arrived today - got her all set up and must say that I'm very happy with it. Paint pretty much matches the prototype pictures, really haven't found any issues or flaws. Unfortunately her scythe is just a bit too tall for where I have to display her for the moment, but that's no fault of PCS.

This is my first 1/3 scale and I'm pretty stoked. Scary thing is, for my second one, I'm wanting to pick up one of the 1/3 scale Legendary Beast Studio Hulk's which I'm guessing will absolutely dwarf Lady Death.
trav99ss is offline   Reply With Quote