Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-24-2022, 02:51 AM   #761
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
But seriously, it's tough decisions with all the products flooding the market, but will you feel the same way when a classic Ironman & a raging comic HULK are released to compliment this magnificent Cap?
Well if its comics and not movies, when have classic Iron Man, Cap and Hulk all been on the same team? Movies are a lot different than the comics when it comes to line ups.

Personally I’d love a Falcon to compliment this Cap. Give Cap his partner!
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:06 AM   #762
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Well if its comics and not movies, when have classic Iron Man, Cap and Hulk all been on the same team? Movies are a lot different than the comics when it comes to line ups.

Personally I?d love a Falcon to compliment this Cap. Give Cap his partner!

Never said it should be comics over movies, but why not both? Especially when this is one great 'comic oriented" Captain America, of which folks have been screaming for, well, forever. And he's here, & more are coming.

And if team was truly the theme(?), then my pursuit would be a futile dream, & here's what I mean.

I ordered this classic Cap, along with Canale classic Thor, am I building a team? Not with a frost giant laying at Thor's feet! My point is that building a team with all the various base themes would never be pure (unless all characters were designed as such).

My collecting preferences are always based on line, form, face(portrait), & flow. As for the rest, I really don't need to know, (as my purchase of Bats who laughs) . And with Sideshow starting to release more great "comic oriented" designs, I'm just looking for ALL the classic characters with this level of sculpt. So HULK, Ironman, Namor, Batman,......................................& teams/themes be damned.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:35 AM   #763
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:

Personally I?d love a Falcon to compliment this Cap. Give Cap his partner!
There really doesn't seem to be any love for classic comic Falcon (not Cap Falcon) coming from statue companies. My best hope is Iron Studios will do one in 1/10 after they wrap up the X-Men diorama series. Second best hope is Diamond Select in either 1/8 or 1/7.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 12:22 PM   #764
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Never said it should be comics over movies, but why not both? Especially when this is one great 'comic oriented" Captain America, of which folks have been screaming for, well, forever. And he's here, & more are coming.

And if team was truly the theme(?), then my pursuit would be a futile dream, & here's what I mean.

I ordered this classic Cap, along with Canale classic Thor, am I building a team? Not with a frost giant laying at Thor's feet! My point is that building a team with all the various base themes would never be pure (unless all characters were designed as such).

My collecting preferences are always based on line, form, face(portrait), & flow. As for the rest, I really don't need to know, (as my purchase of Bats who laughs) . And with Sideshow starting to release more great "comic oriented" designs, I'm just looking for ALL the classic characters with this level of sculpt. So HULK, Ironman, Namor, Batman,......................................& teams/themes be damned.
Funny, this goes back to the early days of SS. Everybody wanted team themed bases, until suddenly they didn't anymore. I personally don't think it matters all that much. This is a great Cap. I already have two in 1/4 so passing, but if I didn't, I would grab this up in a heartbeat.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:40 PM   #765
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It's probably too much to ask, but I hope they do the exact same theme on the Thor box. I have a perfect ledge spot above where I will display these and having the boxes above them would look really good.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 04:02 PM   #766
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

Preferences. That’s all. Ours are far different. And that’s fine.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:09 PM   #767
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
There really doesn't seem to be any love for classic comic Falcon (not Cap Falcon) coming from statue companies. My best hope is Iron Studios will do one in 1/10 after they wrap up the X-Men diorama series. Second best hope is Diamond Select in either 1/8 or 1/7.
Is the Avengers Assememble 1/5 line still going? Might be a chance there. And looking at releases they did BW, BP and Captain Marvel 1/5 followed by PFs (although BP?s is MCU).

But True. Maybe one day. They haven?t redone characters that have traditionally been higher profile like Hawkeye, She-Hulk and Vision so it looks unlikely for Falcon. But then again they made Taskmaster so who knows.

I wouldn?t be surprised if they skip Falcon and go straight to Captain Falcon though.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:54 PM   #768
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Is the Avengers Assememble 1/5 line still going? Might be a chance there. And looking at releases they did BW, BP and Captain Marvel 1/5 followed by PFs (although BP?s is MCU).

But True. Maybe one day. They haven?t redone characters that have traditionally been higher profile like Hawkeye, She-Hulk and Vision so it looks unlikely for Falcon. But then again they made Taskmaster so who knows.

I wouldn?t be surprised if they skip Falcon and go straight to Captain Falcon though.
Yeah they probably would go to Captain Falcon.

I'm not hopeful for SS because they haven't done a Falcon already so they're even less likely to risk it since there is nothing to point to that it would be successful. If it takes years for a Wolverine statue to sell out then I'm sure in there minds Falcon wouldn't make any money for them.

I don't agree with this line of thinking, but everything I've seen from Sideshow leads me to believe this is their thought process. They aren't the only ones though.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:00 PM   #769
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Yeah they probably would go to Captain Falcon.

I'm not hopeful for SS because they haven't done a Falcon already so they're even less likely to risk it since there is nothing to point to that it would be successful. If it takes years for a Wolverine statue to sell out then I'm sure in there minds Falcon wouldn't make any money for them.

I don't agree with this line of thinking, but everything I've seen from Sideshow leads me to believe this is their thought process. They aren't the only ones though.
Years ago at this point but I remember it explained here by someone from Sideshow that having certain characters in stock longer is a strategy so when new collectors come to the site they?re more likely to find the big name characters and spend money. Having all those Wolverines available is pretty much what they want. Having 4000 Gambits makes sense, especially when they?re done in batches, it?s not like they?re storing all of them at the same time.

The real sign of not selling is when there?s a lower ES and it isn?t sold out yet. Like the Lobo maquette.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:18 PM   #770
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Years ago at this point but I remember it explained here by someone from Sideshow that having certain characters in stock longer is a strategy so when new collectors come to the site they?re more likely to find the big name characters and spend money. Having all those Wolverines available is pretty much what they want. Having 4000 Gambits makes sense, especially when they?re done in batches, it?s not like they?re storing all of them at the same time.

The real sign of not selling is when there?s a lower ES and it isn?t sold out yet. Like the Lobo maquette.
I was thinking this about the new Dr. Doom Maquette Ex. It only has 750 to the EX ES. Very surprised that this Ex is still sitting a found for P.O. These days that's a very low ES.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote