Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #71
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I actually love the base and the blue whirls. Makes the red pop even more.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:58 PM   #72
omigeo
Alpha Flight

This is a gorgeous piece, but that base will just take up to much room
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:10 AM   #73
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

Quote:
"XM OFFIVIAL PO TODAY!
The Flash - Rebirth 1:6 Scale Statue
Opens: 20 Feb 2019
Ends: 20 April 2019

----------------------------------------------

Pre-Order link: XM The Flash - Rebirth 1:6 Scale Statue

Retail Price: SGD $599
Full Payment (Additional 10% off): SGD $$539.10
Prestige Price: SGD $539.10
Prestige Full Payment (Additional 5% off): SGD $509.15

----------------------------------------------

Features:
How do we make The Flash faster? Put him on the cosmic treadmill by Barry Allen himself! Crafted from cold-cast porcelain, details and textures in stunning details even at 1:6 scale, our ⅙ Flash - Rebirth statue captures the Scarlet Speedster surpassing the speed of light, enabling time travel into different dimensions!

ES: MTO but capped to maximum of 1,200 worldwide.

Size matters, but Quality even more so! The new XM DC 1:6 line is specially designed for collectors who desire more space-friendly collectibles, without compromising on the incredible details and quality of larger collectible pieces. At 1:6 scale, XM's creative direction is to showcase more abilities, powers and essence of the characters in a bold, dynamic and story telling style. The new XM 1:6 DC line will amaze you with the details you don't expect at this scale. Smaller scale, smaller boxes, more affordable shipping and pricing means you can fit more of these incredibly detailed collectibles into your collection!"

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:11 AM   #74
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:17 AM   #75
Mepaphoros

Can't wait for this one, best Flash I've ever seen.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:57 AM   #76
Valderen
The Spirit

Ordered, like all the 1/6th DC so far. I can't wait for these to start shipping, I have all 5 on PO now.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:15 AM   #77
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderen View Post
Ordered, like all the 1/6th DC so far. I can't wait for these to start shipping, I have all 5 on PO now.
Everything they've shown is top notch thus far. I myself ordered 4 of 5 with the exception of Joker. Maybe it's the fact that the chomping teeth aren't attached to the statue and can get easily lost OR maybe it's that IMHO Tweeterhead's version is better while also being cheaper.

Am curious, what are your thoughts on this version vs. the Tweeterhead version? And what draws you to this version in particular. Feel free to disagree.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:18 AM   #78
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderen View Post
I'm really surprised these aren't getting more love. They are much more affordable than most of the high end market, and they have 1/4 scale production quality. Couple that with the Worldwide license and you have a superior product. I think the problem is that most people are so invested in 1/4 scale that they need to match that. I think 1/4 scale is way too big personally, I pre-ordered the Hulk Transformation and I still don't know where I'm going to put it!
Old 02-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #79
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
IMHO Tweeterhead's version is better while also being cheaper.
I'm curious to see how the scales match up. Tweeterhead's seem like they are on the large side of 1/6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I'm really surprised these aren't getting more love. They are much more affordable than most of the high end market, and they have 1/4 scale production quality. Couple that with the Worldwide license and you have a superior product. I think the problem is that most people are so invested in 1/4 scale that they need to match that. I think 1/4 scale is way too big personally, I pre-ordered the Hulk Transformation and I still don't know where I'm going to put it!
I agree. I only collect large scale Superman statues. Everything else is 1/6. I wish XM or Prime 1 would make Star Wars in 1/5 or 1/6 scale.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:46 PM   #80
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I'm curious to see how the scales match up. Tweeterhead's seem like they are on the large side of 1/6.
I think they’re going to scale well with each other. I think they appear bigger primarily because of the large bases and the XM pieces have more elaborate bases. Even when comparing them to the Kotobukiya Danger Room Sessions, the heroes themselves appear similar in scale except the latter can fit in a detolf shelf while the Super Powers and Adam Rebirth lines most definitely won’t.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote