Old 01-26-2019, 05:02 AM   #1681
Puni
Birdman

thank you @Lotus000
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:51 AM   #1682
cuhan
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I haven't been keeping up with the news. But i was so sure that iron Man mouth/chin area was going to be red. What makes them change it to gold?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-01-26-21-38-12-45.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	120426  
cuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #1683
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuhan View Post
I haven't been keeping up with the news. But i was so sure that iron Man mouth/chin area was going to be red. What makes them change it to gold?
I have no idea but I'm glad they changed it. The red chin makes me think of Pepper Potts armor.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:02 PM   #1684
cuhan
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I have no idea but I'm glad they changed it. The red chin makes me think of Pepper Potts armor.
I'm happy with the change too, just wondering who finally manage to change their mind. Cos I did asked them to consider gold chin, or at least give us 2nd iron Man head or something. But they always said no, it's already comic book accurate.
cuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:23 PM   #1685
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Ok so it’s been a long time coming but I finally got to unbox and put together this statue marvel. I’ll give you my honest take , good the bad and overall. Add some pics we are done !

Bad:

It’s very difficult to assess negatives when dealing with something some masterfully done but I did notice some things I would have liked more considering the cost.

1. Really wish they included some non battle damaged parts for Hulkbuster. Not many would have been needed to get the look of cleanliness but I guess the already massive boxes and costs were too much .

2. The first option Hulkbuster head should have sat flush with the suit for some reason it’s shown slightly open which I didn’t like . When opened the arc reactor should have still lit up . Odd it didn’t

3. Probably my biggest complaint and as you can see these are all
Minor details the smaller IM ( extremis ) should have had light ups no questions asked. The chest reactor and his resin hand blasters would have taken this to heavenly levels . For 3500.00 you can’t tell me they couldn’t it was huge missed no no , on flagship piece.

4. Not easy to move so it’s stationary most of the time and you lose out on back of the sculpt. Bummer

Good:

1. I bought this statue based on unpainted model because I knew it looked special . I wanted a jaw dropping head turning centrepiece and you know what fellow collectors ? I got it. It’s presence is stunning . Any distance you observe this you know it’s quality. The attention to detail all over this thing is mind blowing . Congrats to the Kucharek Bros it’s the best statue I’ve laid my eyes on ever I’ve seen and own lots of gems. This is boss!

2. Paint! Flawless ! Like a brand new metallic candy red exotic car. In different lighting this changes and adds more depth . I couldn’t find anything wrong with mine . I looked that’s what crazy OCD collectors do.

3. Engineering was on a level I’d never seen before . It’s my statue of the year regardless of Tsume and the other stuff no way they can come close to this . Not only to attempt something this ludicrous but to make it happen and look convincing . Wow! Mine went together like butter . Heavy parts but following other collectors videos it was easy.

Overall I can’t express my excitement to have something special like this in my collection . I feel we got what we paid for in so many ways . Not many companies are willing to do a project like this I’ll continue to support XM as I feel they are one of the best.

It’s one of the those statues you really have to see for yourself in person . Personally it’s best statue I’ve seen to date . My brother walked in from work and his reaction was ..... whoa that looks incredible! Nuff said he doesn’t collect anything except air miles.

I register all my statues from XM I hope you collectors do too , stop repops!!!

I found it interesting when registering this statue it’s was called XM Hulkbuster diorama. I felt from the very start it was more dio than “ normal “ statue two figures with interactive respective bases . Options to add or remove def smells of dio. Bring on the Hulk Transformation!!!!!

Last but def not least thank you so much Todd from Specfiction. He made this happen with willingness to be patient for payments and his communication took any worry I had away . I’ve now purchased some serious pieces from Todd he’s my go to no questions asked. I’m that happy with his level of professionalism . Thank you my friend .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:46 PM   #1686
King Grimlock
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Ok so it’s been a long time coming but I finally got to unbox and put together this statue marvel. I’ll give you my honest take , good the bad and overall. Add some pics we are done !

Bad:

It’s very difficult to assess negatives when dealing with something some masterfully done but I did notice some things I would have liked more considering the cost.

1. Really wish they included some non battle damaged parts for Hulkbuster. Not many would have been needed to get the look of cleanliness but I guess the already massive boxes and costs were too much .

2. The first option Hulkbuster head should have sat flush with the suit for some reason it’s shown slightly open which I didn’t like . When opened the arc reactor should have still lit up . Odd it didn’t

Minor details the smaller IM ( extremis ) should have had light ups no questions asked. The chest reactor and his resin hand blasters would have taken this to heavenly levels . For 3500.00 you can’t tell me they couldn’t it was huge missed no no , on flagship piece.

4. Not easy to move so it’s stationary most of the time and you lose out on back of the sculpt. Bummer

Good:

1. I bought this statue based on unpainted model because I knew it looked special . I wasnted a jaw dropping head turning centrepiece and you know what fellow collectors ? I got it. It’s presence is stunning . Any distance you observe this you know it’s quality. The attention to detail all over this thing is mind blowing . Congrats to the Kucharek Bros it’s the best statue I’ve laid my eyes ever I’ve seen and own lots of gems. This is boss!

2. Paint! Flawless ! Like a brand new metallic candy red exotic car. In different lighting this changes and adds more depth . I couldn’t find anything wrong with mine . I looked that’s what crazy OCD collectors do.

3. Engineering was on a level I’d never seen before . It’s my statue of the year regardless of Tsume and the other stuff no way they can come close to this . Not only to attempt something this ludicrous but to make it happen and look convincing . Wow! Mine went together like butter . Heavy parts but following other collectors videos it was easy.

Overall I can’t express my excitement to have something special like this in my collection . I feel we got what we paid for in so many ways . Not many companies are willing to do a project like this I’ll
continue to support XM as I feel they are one of the best.

It’s one of the those statues you really have to see for yourself in person . Personally it’s best statue I’ve seen to date . My brother walked in from work and his reaction was ..... whoa that looks incredible! Nuff said he doesn’t collect anything except air miles.

I found it interesting when registering this statue it’s was called XM Hulkbuster diorama. I felt from the very start it was more dio than “ normal “ statue two figures with interactive respective bases . Options to add or remove def smells of dio. Bring on the Hulk Transformation!!!!!
Congrats on this centerpiece diorama. Agree with all your points, good and bad. XM got shafted on this not winning, but it's all good. Hands down my favorite company in the industry by far. Those of us that do have him know how truly remarkable and ground breaking this beast is. Easily my statue of the year, the others just dont come close. Even my lady was amazed and said it's the only statue she wouldn't mind seeing in our living room. And told dont ever think about selling it. No problem there!
King Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:20 PM   #1687
Iron Fist 14
Fantastic Four

Congrats Subby, he looks amazing and should have been SOTY. I too am eagerly awaiting Hulk Transformation.
Iron Fist 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:43 PM   #1688
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Oh me too lol. As soon as I paid this one off I started on Hulk without seeing a full paint reveal . I think it’s going to be mind blowing . Most XM exclusives are outstanding!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:06 AM   #1689
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post

Bad:

Good:

1. I bought this statue based on unpainted model because I knew it looked special . I wanted a jaw dropping head turning centrepiece and you know what fellow collectors ? I got it. It’s presence is stunning . Any distance you observe this you know it’s quality. The attention to detail all over this thing is mind blowing . Congrats to the Kucharek Bros it’s the best statue I’ve laid my eyes on ever I’ve seen and own lots of gems. This is boss!

Overall I can’t express my excitement to have something special like this in my collection . I feel we got what we paid for in so many ways . Not many companies are willing to do a project like this I’ll continue to support XM as I feel they are one of the best.

Last but def not least thank you so much Todd from Specfiction. He made this happen with willingness to be patient for payments and his communication took any worry I had away . I’ve now purchased some serious pieces from Todd he’s my go to no questions asked. I’m that happy with his level of professionalism . Thank you my friend .
Props to the Kucharek Brothers on such a complex sculpt …..The level of digital modeling is incredible.Just have to say read tons of posts on how this got robbed for statue of the year,could not agree more.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:41 AM   #1690
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It is an absolute masterpiece. The level of planning and engineering that went into this is staggering if you really think about it.

I am glad to see some others echoing my thoughts on statue of the year. The fact that this barely got a mention much less did not win tells you all you need to know about the statue awards, I’ll never pay much attention to them again.
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote