Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-05-2017, 12:38 PM   #701
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I love how people judge one small picture. It's prob everyone who didn't get one. Wait until full 1/4 IM is coming out of chest shot painted. It's best Hulkbuster out there. I'm sorry IAs version is stand up waste of time any money pose.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:41 PM   #702
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrapro1 View Post
I love how people judge one small picture. It's prob everyone who didn't get one. Wait until full 1/4 IM is coming out of chest shot painted. It's best Hulkbuster out there. I'm sorry IAs version is stand up waste of time any money pose.
Seriously.... talk about jumping the gun
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #703
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Happy for everyone who loves it, but after seeing this pic I definitely prefer the movie version of this piece vs XM's comic interpretation. I just don't love the look of the chest and head on this , head looks like it was flattened with a frying pan. IMO the IA Hulkbuster is nicer, I may have to hunt one down in the aftermarket.
Why didn't you make these comments on the other Hulkbuster pics that have been shown in much more detail?

It's the exact same pics from the con....maybe its the paint up that brings forth some of your issues with it?

In any case, this is far too pricey for my wallet but if I had the funds I would definitely get it without hesitation. The creativity of this piece, the excellence of the Kucharek bros sculpt (among the best in the industry), and the amount you get in the package with the different displayable options = value and you get what you pay for.

I think the IA looks nice, but it is very stiff. The pose is extremely stiff...unlike the fluidity of the XM one. At least that is how it appears to me.

Quite honestly, I don't even begin to see how one could even put the IA in the same league as XM Hulkbuster. This is all my opinion btw.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #704
MrJones

Shocker loricstone... shocker... lol

I do however agree with everything you said!

If this wasn't the size of a small couch and cost as much as one I'd buy it no doubt. Even based off what I've seen.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:59 PM   #705
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

i dont care about size, price and what my wife thinks about this. but i just bought it and i didnt tell my wife.
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #706
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I agree with loricstone 100%.

It is extremely expensive I believe the industry is getting out of hand but... the quality of these unique pieces is second to none. Getting 4 display options 2 fullsize statues and the grab you by the balls creativness to do something outside of the box puts this at one of top pieces by XM for sure if not ever.

Congradulations XM!
Old 08-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #707
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Yes I bought it. I also added XM classic IM to go with it. I can't even imagine cost this time next year. The other thing I'm waiting on is edition size.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #708
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrapro1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Why didn't you make these comments on the other Hulkbuster pics that have been shown in much more detail?

It's the exact same pics from the con....maybe its the paint up that brings forth some of your issues with it?

In any case, this is far too pricey for my wallet but if I had the funds I would definitely get it without hesitation. The creativity of this piece, the excellence of the Kucharek bros sculpt (among the best in the industry), and the amount you get in the package with the different displayable options = value and you get what you pay for.

I think the IA looks nice, but it is very stiff. The pose is extremely stiff...unlike the fluidity of the XM one. At least that is how it appears to me.

Quite honestly, I don't even begin to see how one could even put the IA in the same league as XM Hulkbuster. This is all my opinion btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Shocker loricstone... shocker... lol

I do however agree with everything you said!

If this wasn't the size of a small couch and cost as much as one I'd buy it no doubt. Even based off what I've seen.

I think this is the first time it's been painted up so I'm sharing my opinion of what I see. It's great that you guys like it, but after seeing this pic I prefer the design of the movie version to this. I think IA's movie version is superior to this, and if I ultimately decide I really want a HB I'll likely pick that one up.

BTW, you guys need to take a deep breath and allow folks to have counter opinions on the XM forum. Just an observation but too many guys here come across as very defensive when others don't jump on the bandwagon with every XM piece and that seems to be a common trend on this forum.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:20 PM   #709
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

IA pose is not worth 3K and you can criticize all you want you don't own either of these. Good luck on that
Old 08-05-2017, 03:37 PM   #710
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I think this is the first time it's been painted up so I'm sharing my opinion of what I see. It's great that you guys like it, but after seeing this pic I prefer the design of the movie version to this. I think IA's movie version is superior to this, and if I ultimately decide I really want a HB I'll likely pick that one up.

BTW, you guys need to take a deep breath and allow folks to have counter opinions on the XM forum. Just an observation but too many guys here come across as very defensive when others don't jump on the bandwagon with every XM piece and that seems to be a common trend on this forum.
Sorry, I just thought it was seeing the cup half empty.

If you saw a full reveal and still thought it was crap then so be it!