Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #501
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I like the Bowen pieces. The reason I initially passed on the Danny Ketch GR was because of the blue jacket, which IMO should have been black.

I see black. That's good for me I guess! The J.Blaze is definitely blue.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #502
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

All depends on the lighting I suppose, but D. Ketch definitely has a blue tint to his jacket. It's definitely not solid black. That being said I still love the piece and was mad at myself for passing.

J. Blaze on the other hand is definitely blue, as he should be.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #503
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
No! Stop posting pics! I seriously cannot afford to be getting into another line of statues. I refuse!
I hear that but couldn't resist on Ghost Rider. Loved it from the first time I saw it and rhy's pics sent me over the edge... had to have it after that.

The way I see it is I've been buying less and less Sideshow product and not much has been coming out from Bowen that I'm interested in. I wanted a GR piece in my collection and the bike is pretty central to his character so this was a great choice for me. Plus with paint apps. getting worse with a lot of companies nowadays I find solace in GG's ability to deliver a meticulously painted and detailed piece. Right now they're the only company I have complete faith in in that department.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #504
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
I hear that but couldn't resist on Ghost Rider. Loved it from the first time I saw it and rhy's pics sent me over the edge... had to have it after that.

The way I see it is I've been buying less and less Sideshow product and not much has been coming out from Bowen that I'm interested in. I wanted a GR piece in my collection and the bike is pretty central to his character so this was a great choice for me. Plus with paint apps. getting worse with a lot of companies nowadays I find solace in GG's ability to deliver a meticulously painted and detailed piece. Right now they're the only company I have complete faith in in that department.
Oh I definitely think you're getting the right one if you've been looking for a good GR statue.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #505
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
All depends on the lighting I suppose, but D. Ketch definitely has a blue tint to his jacket. It's definitely not solid black. That being said I still love the piece and was mad at myself for passing.

J. Blaze on the other hand is definitely blue, as he should be.
Definitely no blue tint to the Bowen Ketch.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #506
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post

One last pic in natural light so you can see the melted cheese flames...lol
Its like a Doritos advert.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #507
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Definitely no blue tint to the Bowen Ketch.
Well normally I'd just say we'll have to agree to disagree but in this case I'm going to flat out say you're wrong. I had my LCS order me this piece when it came out, went to pick it up and the first thing I noticed was the jacket and boots having a blue hue to them and I passed because it bothered me. Like I said it depends on the lighting as it's pretty subtle in a controlled environment but if you were to put it in natural light there isn't any way you wouldn't notice the blue tint and the contrast with the truly black gauntlets.

If you can't see it I don't know what to tell you. Don't take my word for it though...

Old 07-31-2013, 04:30 AM   #508
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
They look super awesome together.
Right on, chunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Its like a Doritos advert.
I implore you to be any cornier...lol
Quote:
in this case I'm going to flat out say you're wrong.
Something he's used to hearing

HB is correct. Bowen's Ketch does have a bluish tint in his jacket. Similar to the cover art in GR 1 vol 2.

Quote:
What are your impressions of Hawkeye rhy?

Thats another piece I considered but haven't seen any good in hand pics of. Did you post some that I missed?
I've been meaning to post pics but my lil man keeps me distracted (in a good way)

The sky cycle has some decent details (they reused the headlight/steering column on DP's Vespa) & the paint app is flawless. Clint's paint app is also spot on. . My production piece looks just like the promo pics. On my next day off I'll upload some pics for ya.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #509
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Well normally I'd just say we'll have to agree to disagree but in this case I'm going to flat out say you're wrong. I had my LCS order me this piece when it came out, went to pick it up and the first thing I noticed was the jacket and boots having a blue hue to them and I passed because it bothered me. Like I said it depends on the lighting as it's pretty subtle in a controlled environment but if you were to put it in natural light there isn't any way you wouldn't notice the blue tint and the contrast with the truly black gauntlets.

If you can't see it I don't know what to tell you. Don't take my word for it though...

You really don't notice it under normal lights.

When i took those pics they were under heavy sunlight, really not great. Proven wrong by my own pics lol.

But yeah i was wrong i guess there is a definite blue tint to him, but it's certainly not noticeable like it is on Blaze.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #510
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Right on, chunk

I implore you to be any cornier...lol

Something he's used to hearing

HB is correct. Bowen's Ketch does have a bluish tint in his jacket. Similar to the cover art in GR 1 vol 2.

I've been meaning to post pics but my lil man keeps me distracted (in a good way)

The sky cycle has some decent details (they reused the headlight/steering column on DP's Vespa) & the paint app is flawless. Clint's paint app is also spot on. . My production piece looks just like the promo pics. On my next day off I'll upload some pics for ya.
Look i have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

When it comes to my opinion on a statue though i can never be wrong, it's my opinion.