Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-24-2015, 02:02 AM   #1
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Bloodborne

Anyone else getting this? I haven't played any of the Souls games before so I'm probably in for some hard punishment..
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:36 AM   #2
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

theyre good games although a bit hard and i dont have the patience to sit there and tough it out... but im sure its very rewarding and ill probably get it just for a rainy day
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:51 AM   #3
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm going to pick it up eventually (likely on a sale). The Souls titles have been fun, so I expect more of the same from Bloodborne. Just don't have time for it at the moment.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:00 AM   #4
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Hey guys.

Love this game. But it's tough. Requires a lot of time.

Truth is it's taking a community to crack this game, which is kind of cool, but different to what I'm used to.

If you're interested in seeing a gameplay video of how to find and kill the optional boss, the Blood Starved Beast, check this out.

WARNING:
THERE'S NO STORY SPOILERS. JUST ACTION.
BUT SOME MIGHT CONSIDER THAT A SPOILER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOwo...fHuOF7MOMU-QcA

Btw, I suck. So I found the easiest way to kill the Blood Starved Beast using the social mechanic - the beckoning bell.

BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:46 AM   #5
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Really loving this game! Thought I may not because of how difficult I heard the Souls games were, but I'm loving the challenge. Everything about this game is awesome, may go down as one of my favourites.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:49 AM   #6
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Hey guys.

Love this game. But it's tough. Requires a lot of time.

Truth is it's taking a community to crack this game, which is kind of cool, but different to what I'm used to.

If you're interested in seeing a gameplay video of how to find and kill the optional boss, the Blood Starved Beast, check this out.

WARNING:
THERE'S NO STORY SPOILERS. JUST ACTION.
BUT SOME MIGHT CONSIDER THAT A SPOILER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOwo...fHuOF7MOMU-QcA

Btw, I suck. So I found the easiest way to kill the Blood Starved Beast using the social mechanic - the beckoning bell.

Nooooo! You gotta do it yourself man! Die a bunch of times (you know the drill), and then eventually beat it and bask in all the glory of your brilliance, forgetting that he killed you many more times than you killed him..
Old 04-02-2015, 04:58 AM   #7
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Nooooo! You gotta do it yourself man! Die a bunch of times (you know the drill), and then eventually beat it and bask in all the glory of your brilliance, forgetting that he killed you many more times than you killed him..
I don't know the drill anymore!

I'm relearning RPG Action games. I wasted so much time because I had been forgetting basic stuff like leveling up / farming, etc.

I was really stubborn about doing it myself but I was up all night for a number of nights and after all my hard work I found out I was still right at the beginning of the game.

You have to understand I haven't even played Skyrim.
My work for the last 15 years has been 24/7.
I made a choice a long time ago to avoid these games because of the hours needed.

I used to play RPG games back on the Super Nintendo. Final Fantasy etc.

Once I've finished this I will do Dark Souls II but I'll have all the basic sh1t down and be in a better position.

I didn't even know that weapons degraded over time. I spent a whole night thinking I was just getting worse and worse at the game. My weapon must have been at 25%.

But the Blood Starved Beast just pissed me off because I had no idea he existed (because he's optional).

I had made it to Vicar Amelia and was getting destroyed. I knew something was amiss.

Then I read that I was not the correct level AND I had missed the Blood Starved Beast.
So I leveled up and then thought f&ck this. I need to play catch up. And I read about summoning Alfred....I did not expect the other dude to turn up.
I thought it was funny actually.
I delegated my boss battle!

So my problem has been a lack of basic fundamentals in this genre.

Anyway that's the deal.
I really only play games that I could play in 10 minute sessions if I wanted - Street Fighter, COD, etc..

I have more time this year so hopefully I can play all the big ones that I missed along the years, including Skyrim.

Great game though. Loving it.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:00 AM   #8
BornFreeSF

I also did an unboxing of the Nightmare Edition with the prop replica beckoning bell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6jk...HAZPuOjVKRaOle

Old 04-10-2015, 10:39 PM   #9
Mysterio
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
I also did an unboxing of the Nightmare Edition with the prop replica beckoning bell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6jk...HAZPuOjVKRaOle

Very jealous! Excited to try this game out based on the graphics/game play and I think going in, knowing that it's difficult, will keep me from flinging my controller.
Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:39 AM   #10
JorgeLoyo
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

For the folks that want to know more about Bloodborne somewhat hidden story, If found it ----ing cool. WARNING the article contains all the possible spoilers you could think of lol...

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/09/w...-in-bloodborne
JorgeLoyo is offline   Reply With Quote