Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-08-2015, 06:19 PM   #1571
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
found this concept at https://harbottle.artstation.com/

whished they would have done the museum pose and the action one cause would have been a cool display togeather option... but... the museum pose is also fenomenal

Looking at the knees and ankles, it looks like a concept for a 1/6 scale figure.....or 1/4 articulated figure, I guess.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #1572
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

the tatoo is also missing at this stage of concept. i guess its not ready at the picture. also there will be no way to order cause Harbottle wrote this to the picture: "Whisper collectible statue. Based on an original character of my own design. Also an action figure version I created as a personal project. (The action figure was never released). Created while I was at Gentle Giant Studios."
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #1573
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I received mine but it arrived damaged. The arm that holds the spear gun broke off from the body same as built2shred. I think the styrofoam is putting too much pressure on that arm. It should have been a separate piece that attached by a magnet.

The good news is I already got confirmation from spec fiction that I'll be getting a replacement. I can't recommend this seller enough. Great customer service.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #1574
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I received mine but it arrived damaged. The arm that holds the spear gun broke off from the body same as built2shred. I think the styrofoam is putting too much pressure on that arm. It should have been a separate piece that attached by a magnet.

The good news is I already got confirmation from spec fiction that I'll be getting a replacement. I can't recommend this seller enough. Great customer service.
I think it's very cool he was able to inspect the statue prior to shipping it to you. That's a lot of arm breaks during shipping so far. Crazy. Still contemplating this one, but those pictures from jedi helped out a lot. Sorry it broke during transit, dude.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:55 PM   #1575
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I think it's very cool he was able to inspect the statue prior to shipping it to you. That's a lot of arm breaks during shipping so far. Crazy. Still contemplating this one, but those pictures from jedi helped out a lot. Sorry it broke during transit, dude.
Thanks. Yeah spec fiction is the best. This is my first purchase from him and I know he is doing everything he can to make sure his customers are taken care of. In terms of a great art piece, I think Whisper fills the bill really well. I liked what I saw in my broken one quite a lot and I am sure I will like the piece even more once I get my replacement and see it displayed in my collection.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:04 AM   #1576
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post

That bites.... It does seem GG has a boxing issue... I hope at this rate TJ doesn't run out of replacements
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:31 AM   #1577
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
That bites.... It does seem GG has a boxing issue... I hope at this rate TJ doesn't run out of replacements
Yea it's definitely a boxing issue. I'll most likely modifying the styro for all future shipments. It's such a bummer. Three so far with the same exact break as gary and john
Old 11-09-2015, 02:43 AM   #1578
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
Yea it's definitely a boxing issue. I'll most likely modifying the styro for all future shipments. It's such a bummer. Three so far with the same exact break as gary and john
Good thing you are checking them and shipping them in larger boxes. Hoping mine comes out with no issues.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:12 AM   #1579
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Good thing you are checking them and shipping them in larger boxes. Hoping mine comes out with no issues.
In inspected yours Jason and it was all good. I'll be packaging these with extra care to insure against breakage, but sometimes it can't be helped. There is definitely a packaging issue with whisper. Such a bummer
Old 11-09-2015, 03:26 AM   #1580
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
In inspected yours Jason and it was all good. I'll be packaging these with extra care to insure against breakage, but sometimes it can't be helped. There is definitely a packaging issue with whisper. Such a bummer
Thanks much appreciated
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote