Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 02-22-2019, 07:04 PM   #241
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Whoa..... Did anybody notice that this now comes with Frenzy AND Ratbat!!!???

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/83409
Yeah I noticed that too. My first Soundwave came from SF and had Frenzy included when he shouldn't have been. Todd said they made a boo boo during packing and some people lucked out. Maybe this is to lessen the sting from releasing it twice.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:47 PM   #242
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Got my shipping notification. Should be here soon.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #243
off
The X-Men

You'll love it! Awesome piece.
off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:47 PM   #244
GavilanOrd
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Commander0Zero - I would be very interested to know if the quality on these last 100 units matches the quality of the first run. I've been hearing that IA is starting to use Polyresin instead of Polystone and would hate to get duped if I order one. Would you mind letting us know how it feels and looks when you get it?

Thanks!
GavilanOrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:05 PM   #245
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

So as far as how it feels. It feels good all the pieces have heft and don't feel cheap. Now the head sculpt seems to have other materials other than straight polystone due to perhaps the light up feature. Now polyresin vs polystone. I can only go off of what is on the BBTS site stating Made of resin, acrylic, and polyurethane. Which are the materials listed in the original listing that sold out. Something to note, mine is number 302 which doesn't really jive with the last 100 pieces. It could mean anything but i would expect to see something like number 4xx. Perhaps someone had one in their pile of loot and cancelled? I also can confirm this comes with all 5 tapes (Rumble,Frenzy,Ravage, Laserbeek, and Ratbat)

Update: Laserbeak's feet are broken off. I e-mailed BBTS so we'll see what comes of it. I'm having just the worst luck with high priced items as of late. I know this happens in this hobby but all the breakage a customer service issues I have been having as of late has really put a damper on this hobby for me.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #246
GavilanOrd

Thanks so much for posting your experience with the new batch. Huge bummer about Laserbeak's feet - we've all been there man. The good news is, BBTS is usually pretty good with this kind of stuff. If you had purchased it directly from Imaginarium, good luck getting any results.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:47 PM   #247
off
The X-Men

I dropped and broke my Lazerbeak, I contacted IA directly. They sent me a replacement within a couple weeks. Also had an issue with Rodimus, same thing, IA made it right. Can only say good things about their customer service.
off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:51 PM   #248
GavilanOrd

Well good for you then - I've read the opposite on these forums but that was a year or so ago so maybe they've upped their game.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:03 PM   #249
eternalblue02

Hey gang I wanted to do a bit on one of my favorite statues. I was here during its release but wasn't posting yet. I never got a chance to post pictures. This is not a review but a small info dump about the first and second release to help new buyers compare the two with issues I have encountered with the re-release. Everyone's experience will be different. You may have gotten a perfect statue in the second round like I did with the first but with all the gossip on IA's Transformers line especially the downgrade in materials I felt I needed to do this.

The reason I purchased a second statue was to harvest parts from it to replace a damaged piece that I dropped from my first. This hasn't gone according to plan as IA decided to switch the magnets polarity between them and the piece will not fit. It's just as well because my SW2 is a mess.

For reference SW1 is first print & SW2 is second print. In my pictures side by side the first SW is SW1 & the second is SW2 to avoid confusion. It's pretty obvious which one's the stinker.

I received SW1 flawlessly. I have no idea what happened with SW2 at the factory. Nothing fits properly. I can assure everyone both versions boxes are the same size. SW1 came with black velcro straps. SW2 did not, only tape. Both are made from the same material and very heavy. No vinyl or PVC. Minus the heads for lighting. Wiring/electrical/batteries/switches are the same.

SW2's alt head doesn't fit so there's a small gap and Ratbat's peg hole is not drilled down deep enough so he looks like a lollipop. Ratbat's wing also rests on SW's head to keep him steady and from falling out. That's not supposed to happen. The mid torso pieces (both) are not cut properly so the magnets can't catch, so his upper weight drags him down at an angle. (this happens with both display options) Also his upper leg joints don't sit properly into his crotch. Ravage came with a leg that does not want to go into it's hole which makes him seat poorly. SW's right foot does not sit into the base as well.

Other thing's I've noticed. All the holes are cut rough where SW1's are smooth and professional. My Rumbles head was loose rumbling around in his bag. SW1 Rumble and Frenzy, their heads have magnets so you can turn them. SW2's do as well but the heads are glued on for some reason. Someone placed glue over Rumbles head magnet so it can't turn. Paint issues range from SW1 Laserbeak weathering color being put on SW2's Ratbat. Paint missing where joints fit in. You can tell in the leg/crotch picture the right leg is painted silver and not black. Can't hide it because it doesn't fit.

So all in all this re-release was a miss. I may have gotten a bad one and I received the IA standing Starscream the same day and had zero issues with it. I did contact BBTS and I'll see what happens. I just hope going forward with the material changes and overstuffed factories we don't see a drop in quality and care for future IA Transformers. I have a few of my own conspiracy theory ideas of what's going on as I've dealt with the same issues with F4F's re-releases but no solid proof, just my eyes and gut. If you have any questions or if you are a new owner of this statue and not sure of something by all means ask. It really is a fantastic statue without the issues. We have a few different Soundwave statues on the horizon so it's a great time to be a SW fan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3628.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	121672   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3639.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	121673   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3640.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	121674   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3641.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	121675   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3642.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	121676  

Name:	IMG_3651.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	121677   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3643.jpg
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	121678   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3644.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	121679   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3649.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	121680   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3650.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	121681  

eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #250
eternalblue02

The last two pictures are for you Kelpie.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3656.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	312.3 KB
ID:	121682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3653.jpg
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	121683   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3657.jpg
Views:	12