Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #711
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Joker and Harley look much better than Superman and WW to me. I can't put my finger on it but the later look more cartoonish to me. I still like them, just not as much.
To be fair, other than the costume, the Tweeterhead Joker looks nothing like the Super Powers version. I take that as a plus, as no one would want a $200-$300 version of this...

Harley, of course, didn't exist yet when the Super Powers line was being released, but Tweeterhead did go with a more cartoony look than many interpretations of that character.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:18 PM   #712
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Just got mine delivered. I'll try to get some pics up today or tomorrow.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #713
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Joker and Harley look much better than Superman and WW to me. I can't put my finger on it but the later look more cartoonish to me. I still like them, just not as much.
She does and I have always thought that too. Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Donna Troy have the same soft, comic book look. Harley, Starfire, and Catwoman have more realism to their looks. Supes and Bats too.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:12 PM   #714
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The paint quality is far better on WW then it was on Superman... I think WW quality is up to the other Twetterhead statues of the past..

The switch outs are a nice option but to be honest I think you really only need the one midsection, the difference between them is pretty minor IMO, I would been happy with either one but if they only made one midsection they could of had sculpted her as one piece, thus removing the seam issue.

Like I mentioned before as long as she sits below your eye line you won't see the seam, but if she is placed up on a higher shelf you will defiantly see the seam from any angle. It was defiantly a poor design choice as you shouldn't be forced to display a statue a certain way in order to avoid an eyesore.

That said, I have her on a lower shelf so ultimately it doesn't really bother me to much as I can't see it.

Truthfully I'm a little on the fence with TH Superpower lineup due to some questionable design choices by Chad, IE: Weird Joker smile on Supergirl, Very plain base on Superman, visible neck seam on WW.... And then there were some issues with Harley's plume leaning. It's been a little rough going for TH on this lineup...

It will be interesting to compare these to the XM 1:6 DC statues I have on pre-order, these TH DC statues defiantly have a comic book vibe to them (which has it's own charm)... But I've always preferred the more realistic look so in the end I might end up selling the TH if the XM's turn out really nice. Especially if XM goes deep into the DC roster.

Overall I would give this WW statue a 7/10, had there been no neck seam it would of easily gotten a 9/10
Just curious if you misspell this on purpose? I have seen you do if for years now. Are you being defiant and not spelling it correctly as a joke? As far as I can tell it is the only word I ever see you misspell.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:19 PM   #715
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Just curious if you misspell this on purpose? I have seen you do if for years now. Are you being defiant and not spelling it correctly as a joke? As far as I can tell it is the only word I ever see you misspell.
He misses Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:28 PM   #716
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
She does and I have always thought that too. Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Donna Troy have the same soft, comic book look. Harley, Starfire, and Catwoman have more realism to their looks. Supes and Bats too.
Yes softer is a good way to explain it. I don't think it's a bad thing, they just don't all appear to be the same line imo. As 'mint pointed out that could be very intentional, just struck me as odd.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #717
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Quote:
Yes softer is a good way to explain it. I don't think it's a bad thing, they just don't all appear to be the same line imo. As 'mint pointed out that could be very intentional, just struck me as odd.
Different art concepts. Different artists.

Catwoman

art by Jose Garcia Lopez
Sculpture: Jack Matthews, Matt Black
Printing: Jason Wires
Casting: Michael Allen
Paint: David Fisher

Harley Quinn

Design: Joe Allard & Thomas Williams
Sculpture: Jason Smith
Prototype, Print, Paint: Jason Wires
Photography: Matt Stein

Wonder Woman

Design: Jose Garcia Lopez
Sculpture: Jack Matthews
Printing: Jason Wires
Casting: Michael Allen
Paint: David Fisher
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:51 PM   #718
Augen
Metal Men

I'm glad Diana and Donna appear similar and will look great together. Not that I'm getting ahead of myself.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:09 PM   #719
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Who did Starfire? Same as Harley? Because put Jason Smith on Hawkwoman and Poison Ivy please!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:20 PM   #720
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Who did Starfire? Same as Harley? Because put Jason Smith on Hawkwoman and Poison Ivy please!
Design: Joe Allard
Sculpture: Sam Greenwell and Jack Mathews
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote