Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #2071
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
maybe they only made 1000 in the first batch and when it sold so well they got the factory to do the rest of the edition?
Well, that is the only way this would not be crossing a line that you cant come back from and would bury Sideshow as a reputable seller of collectibles

Does anybody own or know of a regular edition owned that is numbered over 1000 ???

I think Sideshow should clear this up and let us know how many where made the first time and how many more are being made.

Lets see what the highest number is out there and lets have Sideshow join this thread and explain since it clearly looks to the average joe they are taking pre-orders for another 2000 of them which would make no sense as having the same statue numbered twice would be the death of Sideshows "numbered pieces" and they would be bootlegging there own product.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #2072
SONICobra
Batman

batches are a pretty common thing but im sure alex can put your mind at ease if you ask her in the "ask sideshow" thread
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:11 PM   #2073
SpawnDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
batches are a pretty common thing but im sure alex can put your mind at ease if you ask her in the "ask sideshow" thread
Yes, I am sure it must be that, usually they take orders knowing more are on the way but this time it looks like they where going to stop production then changed there minds, Since the number is 2000 I can only assume it is the same print run.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #2074
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think it's perfectly legit for them to complete the edition size if they get more orders.
What I don't find completely legit, or very misleading at least, is to put the statue "sold out" on the website. There's a reason why a statue gets from being available, to waitlist, to sold out.
Waitlist means there's still a chance to get it, sold out is sold out.
If they put it sold out and then make another batch, it's not sold out. Just stick to the waitlist until you can fill the new batch, don't put "sold out" just to have people scrambling and then reordering when it gets back in stock.
Market practice, sure, but a shady one.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #2075
SpawnDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I think it's perfectly legit for them to complete the edition size if they get more orders.
What I don't find completely legit, or very misleading at least, is to put the statue "sold out" on the website. There's a reason why a statue gets from being available, to waitlist, to sold out.
Waitlist means there's still a chance to get it, sold out is sold out.
If they put it sold out and then make another batch, it's not sold out. Just stick to the waitlist until you can fill the new batch, don't put "sold out" just to have people scrambling and then reordering when it gets back in stock.
Market practice, sure, but a shady one.

Yeah, I realize now that I should have looked closer and it was first thing Sunday morning so my bad and of course they can make the rest of them but I would still like to see all the numbers out there now so I have an idea how well or poorly they sold.

You are right that if they intended all along to complete the 2000 regs it was shady to play it the way they did and if they did not plan on making more that would make sense as this piece really sold like crap until it was in hand. Took the EX all year to finally sell out so the real winner is the retailers as the fake hype helped them clear out all there Lobos

Does not matter to the hardcore collector as Dawg and the Exclusive are both gone, if Dawg comes up again then you know they are messing with us.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:39 PM   #2076
Mqhuynh
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Just got mine. Been on flex pay since forever. He's awesome. Great start to 2016 even if it is a 2015 released statue.
Mqhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:31 PM   #2077
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mqhuynh View Post
Just got mine. Been on flex pay since forever. He's awesome. Great start to 2016 even if it is a 2015 released statue.
Woot! Congrats dude. This is a beast of a statue.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:55 PM   #2078
Mqhuynh
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thanks Coug. From the moment I opened up the styro I could tell this piece was quality.
Mqhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:47 PM   #2079
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Thanks Coug. From the moment I opened up the styro I could tell this piece was quality.
Agreed. I personally think this is the best PF Sideshow has released in a few years.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:59 PM   #2080
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
congrats bro, one of my favorite statues in the collection
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote