Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #191
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
If I use my RP I can get this for $289.00 Or wait for Aqua-man ?
I was in same boat as you. Ended up using my reward points because this is one of the few exclusives I want. Already have the last Jason PF EX and will display this one with the unmasked head and spear gun.

The ES kind of higher than I'd like but EX is worthy upgrade over regular
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:18 AM   #192
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Just pre-ordered this baby (Exclusive Version). I don't care what others say I like the base down to the mud & blood paint on his boot, pants and hands. And to those who cry about a plastic base did any of SS Statue bases come out Cast Iron? Cause I would assume everything was made in plastic. I never got a chance to get the first one so this is my chance to buy this one but I really do hope quality control isn't an issue since it's my first statue purchase and my future purchases will be determined on how this one comes out when I open it.

I only dream that one day they get a Michael Myers license to do the original 1978 version of him and something film accurate for us Halloween fans although I know SS is known more for a stylistic look than movie accurate. That and a Freddy Krueger that is from the first film but with his glove raised to his face, which I hope the new one does that's being done atm. Although its from Part 3 which is a decent film IMO but not a classic like #1.

I see the leatherface and hope that comes out great also but from reading so many posts about SS one only feels since they aren't doing the quality work like the Venom Comiquette Statue I consider a Holy Grail.

Either way sometimes reading these posts makes you question your purchase and if we want SS to do quality work and QC isn't as good as it once was people need to let them know by not buying everything they put out. Some of you guys sound like drug addicted when it comes to buying these statues and your obsession for them.

I just want a few quality pieces from memorable characters I watched in Movies or read in Comics from my childhood, not ever single Marvel Character ever made or popular ones people drool over like Spiderman which they are making 7,000 of, lol. This is why the prices keep going up cause people have turn this so-called hobby into an obsession.

Whoever calls these things toys needs to rephrase it to statues because who in the hell would play with these static pieces, it's not a HotToy you can play with like a toy. I also can't imagine anyone letting a child play with a HotToy like it's some $30-$50 transformer which will break instantly, unless your rich then do whatever you want with your money and piss it away. And if your a grown man don't buy toys buy art which I consider these statues to be unlike most HotToys they produce god knows how many of.

I was unlucky and got into this hobby way to late and missed out on some great pieces from multiple companies and if I want those pieces I have to pay a fortune compared to what they originally cost which is sad but it is what it is. Can't believe I am the first to post in this thread in over 9 months, WOW you guys must really not like Jason Vorhees and love your comicbook or star war characters more.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:38 PM   #193
gamegod2x
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #194
Davidian
Omega Flight

Looks good!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:18 PM   #195
SONICobra
Batman

haven't seen these movies either... lol

but Ive always loved how this one turned out, love the pose / sculpt / mixed media
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:27 PM   #196
mjjj1987
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Is this still shipping in september..???
mjjj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:05 PM   #197
Comicbookguy
Hercules

This looks good. Just waiting to buy later. Es is too massive to pay full price and ex has been for sale over a year. Lol
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:18 PM   #198
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjj1987 View Post
Is this still shipping in september..???
I could be wrong but I've noticed when they only gives a specific month under shipping like for instance it just says Sep under shipping I believe that's it...now if they said Sep-Nov I'd say who knows when it'll ship
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:22 PM   #199
Comicbookguy
Hercules

No coupon this month? If so I may just po this thing.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #200
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
No coupon this month? If so I may just po this thing.
Lol you the most coupon looking for dude I know
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote