Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-05-2015, 09:36 PM   #2101
mikman42
Nightwing

I was looking at the Rhino Com and it has a solid metal rod going through its foot into the base plus it has a solid polystone head,just looking at the texture on the black spiderman version reminds me of fibreglass resin.This material would work well with this pose imo.I just had a look at the pic's on SS site and it looks like his left arm at the shoulder has a seam and the boot look separate.
mikman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #2102
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Solid arm, rest fibreglass? Possible right?

Just took another good look at this, but 2500 EX ES, still not sold out, 469,99... Aftermarket piece for me.
I think a lot of this has to do with the timeframe of the statue itself. Flexpay Payments don't even start until Jan and the statue won't hit shelves until May-June 2006. Given how large the ES is, I think a lot of people are likely waiting and putting their money into more pressing pieces time wise. As we get closer and closer to the beginning of 2007, I expect a lot of people holding off will finally jump on.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:04 PM   #2103
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I always wonder about this argument. Do you think if they only made 2,500 of them that the workers would spend greater care and attention on each piece? I think they'd go just as fast as they would if there are 7,500 so that they can wrap it up and move on to the next project. Time is money.

I'm also not sure that more pieces would get reviewed for quality on a smaller edition size...I'd bet that they review a fixed percentage...so, smaller ES means a smaller number get reviewed.
Yeah, I have to agree on this one. I have never been a believer that larger edition sizes effect overall quality. The only way I see this being the case is in regards to Sideshow's quality control department. Having to inspect 7500 statues as opposed to 2500 could possibly make a difference. They might feel more pressed to examine the pieces faster with an ES of 7500 than they would be with 2500. Or it could just become mundane examining so many of the same pieces and hence some QC reps might not take the proper time needed to examine each piece properly.

That being said, I don't think edition sizes ultimately effect the quality of the statues coming out of the factory. Its likely each worker at the factory has a set number that they try and meet each day, regardless of edition size, and I just don't see that number being raised with higher edition sizes as that practically guarantee's that statues with higher edition sizes will be lesser in quality than those that have smaller edition sizes and from what I have seen personally, that just doesn't seem to be the case. I have seen lower edition size statues come out with lesser quality than some of the statues with higher edition sizes. A least from what I have seen, it just doesn't add up, at least from the production/factory standpoint.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:29 AM   #2104
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Weird.....the latest newsletter has this listed as coming soon.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #2105
AC_808
Hercules

Do you have a link to the newsletter?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #2106
GaryTonge
Kingpin

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/help/e-ne...pping-updates/

Crazy. Must be a typo or something. The Boba Fett PF is supposed to be out next month and it's not even on there.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #2107
AC_808
Hercules

Hmm ...looks like they went several months out on their forecast for coming soon items.

Even the Blackcat EX is listed there and it's going to be released in the Mar-Apr timeframe. The Spider-Man EX is going to be released in the May-Jun timeframe.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:57 AM   #2108
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/help/e-ne...pping-updates/

Crazy. Must be a typo or something. The Boba Fett PF is supposed to be out next month and it's not even on there.
Alex mentioned that an early batch is slated to arrive next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAhobbit
A batch is estimated to arrive and ship in Jan. The Black Cat Statue is also arriving earlier than expected and is estimated to ship in Jan well.

-SideshowAlex
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #2109
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
Alex mentioned that an early batch is slated to arrive next month.
Thanks for the info. I can't believe I missed when she said that!

I'm currently on flex pay and none of the dates have changed on my payment sched. Is there a way to accelerate that to get onto this batch?

I pre-ordered right as it went live. How do they determine who gets them first?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #2110
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Thanks for the info. I can't believe I missed when she said that!

I'm currently on flex pay and none of the dates have changed on my payment sched. Is there a way to accelerate that to get onto this batch?

I pre-ordered right as it went live. How do they determine who gets them first?
If you're on flex pay you may have better odds of being in the first batch. Here is Alex's explanation of the situation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAhobbit View Post
You'd have to contact Customer Service to see what's possible and if doing so would get the piece to you in Jan. When I checked earlier in the week, the full allotment wasn't expected in, so it looks like it will be shipping in batches.

-SideshowAlex
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote