Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-05-2015, 09:11 AM   #1201
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Sorry to hear your troubles Mule. My god, after all this, you could essentially just pay to have a custom made by a great sculptor and painted by a pro. This is sad news for something I recall reading you being super excited about. Sorry for the bad luck my friend.
A better alternative is to buy the new Conan that PCS is doing or wait till XM gains the license (pure conjecture) and buy that instead.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:16 AM   #1202
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just emailed the Customer Service, will keep you updated. I'm pissed beyond measure, I swear. I hope for them they don't try to bounce me away due to the fact that I'm international and not a direct buyer.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #1203
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Good luck Mule. Hopefully Sideshow will offer to replace your piece. That's the least they can do after a two year wait and all the hassle you already went through to get what you paid for - a problem free piece that you can proudly add to your collection.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #1204
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey Mule, just so you know... your first two pics can be heated with a hairdryer and bent back into shape easily. Have you tried to use an eraser on the black mark on the 3rd pic?

If those issues in the first 3 pics are fixable then can't you just swap out the broken undying skeleton with the first one you got and call it a day?
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:31 PM   #1205
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Wow I was thinking about getting this but with so many issues I can't risk it. The skull should have been separate with a magnet or a metal stick to install to prevent breakage. This statue has been full of nothing but problems. Pass on this I can't afford anymore headaches like this. True these issues takes up tons of time to email, pics, packing, and then over and over again. SS pay back your time will be very unlikely even tough I agree about how much time and money is wasted on this. What ss should have done is just sent a new statue to the shop for the replacement if it was carrying ss.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:05 AM   #1206
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quit making stuff up about things you know nothing about with "nothing but problems" and go back to your standard threads. This statue has been a home run. Some people ran into problems, but there are very few.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:35 AM   #1207
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Hey Mule, just so you know... your first two pics can be heated with a hairdryer and bent back into shape easily. Have you tried to use an eraser on the black mark on the 3rd pic?

If those issues in the first 3 pics are fixable then can't you just swap out the broken undying skeleton with the first one you got and call it a day?
Hi mate, I haven't touched a thing, getting replacements here is not very easy (due to import 'n stuff) so I didn't want to risk.
It's not much about retailers/shops, the ones I deal with are super gentle, it's more about dealing with distributors, they can simply deny a replacement. One of my fellow collectors just rubbed away the paint from his Superman PF head sculpt while trying to remove a small stain on it, so I figured I'd be better not touching.
And, other than that... I don't want to fix things. If it was just one issue, I'd be ok with it. Most of my statues have this or that small flaw. I covered some small paint chips with some paint myself, cleaned away a small stain here and there... but fixing the two weapons + erasing the stain on the belly, I don't even want to try, that's even more time I'm losing and I'm already out of patience. Kinda harsh, but the delays on this piece and the consequent jacked up price already tested my patience to the limit, I'll be honest.

Btw, I just sent back the flawed parts to the shop, he took them off and put them with the other flawed parts he had, now he's about to send me his own non-flawed parts (body, right hand, skeleton), the rest goes back to the distributor. Only issue now - upon ispecting it better, he noticed that his skeleton is broken, too, so I'll have to wait for the distributor to send him a replacement of that one alone.
Waiting is not a problem since my statues room is full of boxes n stuff I have yet to store, lol.
And then I hope that finally, that one will get to me in one piece, or at least with just a broken off jaw or something I can fix with some glue.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #1208
marker2037

Well I hope you get it all sorted soon bud!

And yes, the broken jaw is easily glued. I did that for mine. It's not so much that it was broken, it just came unglued.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:10 PM   #1209
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Quit making stuff up about things you know nothing about with "nothing but problems" and go back to your standard threads. This statue has been a home run. Some people ran into problems, but there are very few.
I wouldn't say very few! With ours there was nothing but issues had over 10 issues breaks, cracks in paint, scratches and chips on base and on statue, all weapons were bent and warped, and the soldier was a engineering mess along with the top heavy unsturdy base!

IMO Eventually everyone will have issues with their soldiers if placed back in box to keep in storage or if you would ever have to sell (God forbid) this statue is shipping nightmare for seller and nervous for buyer...

I would never ship the soldier with and In original sideshow box as risks for breakage would be great... Now I'm not saying there aren't collectors marker who got a near perfect Conan, and while this statue was very very impressive I'm just very nervous for all of you with the future of this collectible.

I waited about two years to get this to pair with Sonja and I was very disappointed that mine had issues and I couldn't keep him but with $500 statue I have to think not only about the now but how well this will hold up down the road... And for us it was easy decision to hold off until the next Conan statue as they will make another one in next 1-3 years and maybe sooner to pair up with new Sonja with snake... One could only hope!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #1210
SAB380
The X-Men

Love this statue. My favourite PF I've ever owned now.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote