Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-07-2015, 01:21 AM   #691
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This looks great to me. The definitive Boba Fett in my eyes. Great use of mixed media, dynamic but not over the top pose and finally a statue in his classic ESB garb. This is the only SSC piece I currently have on order and I'm very much looking forward to it.

now bring on Bacara.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:23 AM   #692
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Yea agreed. If i was into mixed media i would be all over this... such a great boba statue.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:29 AM   #693
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Good catch, Valkyrie.

Despite that however, something still bugs me about this new production piece. I could be wrong, but it seems like the sculpt/frame underneath the fabric is skinnier and less bulky than the one found in the proto. I think gogorocketcat is onto something when he said this one looks more like a doll. I think it's because the sculpt isn't filling in the clothing as well as it was before. His presence is just less impressive now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I tend to agree. It reminds me of the Fett LSF in that regard.
the frame/sculpt isn't any smaller or skinnier. its the same. what they did was make sure they went film accurate.
so all they did was make the suit bigger a little. the suit in the film is more baggy, and doesn't hug the body so tightly as they have it the proto.
so im sure they corrected that when they corrected the color.

like Hellboy said. this is the definitive Boba Fett.
and by SS making these "corrections" shows that they are listening to the fans.

at least thats how im seeing it.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #694
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
the frame/sculpt isn't any smaller or skinnier. its the same. what they did was make sure they went film accurate.
so all they did was make the suit bigger a little.
We're saying the same thing. The suit doesn't fit the same way it did in the prototype. I can't prove the sculpt is smaller just like you can't prove the suit is bigger. The fact is the suit doesn't fit the same way it did before.

I agree the color of the suit is now more film accurate, but I don't remember Boba Fett looking like a 6 foot walking doll either.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #695
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I definitely agree that the suit is baggier on the production piece. I prefer the tighter fitting suit even though it isn't screen accurate.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:52 AM   #696
qz33
Rescue

Except some of the damage on the helmet this looks pretty ESB identical.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #697
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

There's no doubt the paint app on that production sample came out outstanding and as you point out, qz, very screen accurate to Fett in ESB. Hopefully the rest of the run will look that good.

I have to admit that I am tempted to jump on the waitlist for the EX. The piece has grown on me since the PO went up and despite my quibbles with how the suit fits on the production sample and a few other small things, it's still a great representation of ESB Fett. I definitely prefer this piece over the ROTJ Fett PF that Sideshow made several years ago.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:21 PM   #698
Python
Omega Red

I still don't like the base, but I have the EX on order and I'm very much looking forward to it. If those production samples genuinely are just a random picked piece and not touched up, I'll be very happy when I receive mine I am sure.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #699
Comicbookguy
Hercules

It look pretty good. Best boba from SS for sure in this scale. The base is awesome love the height same as thier stunning vampi PF. That thing was so amazing saying if you can get a good one with no issue. Nothing wrong with this boba, but after seeing the XM one I most likely won't need two bobas. I'm a fully sculpted fan over mixed media, and I like action poses more for a change after so many years along with big detailed bases and low ES. So I'm going for the XM boba. I do admit this does look great compared to the ss Vader pose.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #700
DynamicMenace

edit