Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Chances are as an Artist he was moving, had a death in the family, was in a car crash on the way to the funeral was in an ambulance crash while being driven to the hospital from the car crash, was in a helicopter crash while being flown to the hospital from his ambulance crash, caught malaria while in the hospital so he asked for the art back because he needs cash.
Ah. Should've known it was something like that. Poor Ottley has malaria. Nuts.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

In my never ending search for Ottley OA, made an offer on another cover today. Been talking with the seller for some time trying to work something out. Hopefully they'll strongly consider my offer. I would imagine if the seller knew what I know regarding the now non-availability of the original artwork, the price would've been double. Time will tell. This would be my big, end of the year, Holiday bonanza gift to myself.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #13
BillC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
In my never ending search for Ottley OA, made an offer on another cover today. Been talking with the seller for some time trying to work something out. Hopefully they'll strongly consider my offer. I would imagine if the seller knew what I know regarding the now non-availability of the original artwork, the price would've been double. Time will tell. This would be my big, end of the year, Holiday bonanza gift to myself.
Nice coincidence. I've also made an offer on another cover from my favorite series (post-SA anyway), in the hopes that it would be my end of year gift to myself. In my case we reached a deal and I just sent full payment (I'll be living on ramen noodles for the foreseeable future...and no I'm not joking!)
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #14
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Nice coincidence. I've also made an offer on another cover from my favorite series (post-SA anyway), in the hopes that it would be my end of year gift to myself. In my case we reached a deal and I just sent full payment (I'll be living on ramen noodles for the foreseeable future...and no I'm not joking!)
One of the new pieces on theartistschoice?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #15
BillC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
One of the new pieces on theartistschoice?
No, it's my 3rd published Valentino GOTG cover (from the 1990 series). I finally nabbed one that I personally consider "A" list.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:02 AM   #16
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Isn't he the guy that sets his art on fire?

If so, I'd be worried
He is. I asked him about it at a con - he said he was shocked that people were so upset with him. He said it's his art he should be able to do what he wants with it!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
Agent Zero
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

SimplyRob, I wouldn't be too concerned. I also wouldnt allow current situation to dictate how much I would feel comfortable with spending. With that said, the next time an opportunity arises to obtain more artwork by this particular artist. I would jump at the chance and see if the seller would consider working out a deal to buy a few pieces at a discount, before the opportunity passes you by again. This all goes back to the thread about regrets and passing on artwork that was so easily obtainable at one time. Regardless, dont forget that you already have a few great pieces by the artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
so, as many of you know, my OA collection consists of Ryan Ottley Invincible art. i spoke with Mark Hay, Ottleys art rep and seller of said OA. apparently, Ottley had Mark pull all his pages and send them back to him. so, all those pages are no longer for sale on the site. does this mean i won't be able to get those pages ever again, or do you think Ryan maybe wasn't happy with the pages turning, or lack thereof? I'm sure if Ryan hasn't found another outlet for his stuff, he's gonna have giant OA portfolios with him at cons. was just a little shocked i guess.
Agent Zero is offline   Reply With Quote