Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #121
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I have 3 commissions pending and some finalized Nova coverwork to be done. Not sure if these will be completed by the end of the year.

Next year I hope to grab another 5 Nova cover re-creates(That will take me to 10 of the original 25),and possibly get lucky enough to pick up some Nova OA. I would really like to get commission pieces from Bob Layton,Scott Kolins(again)and Val Seimeks.

2013 was my first year collecting,and I got a late start. As long as I keep my job next year 2014 should be ok
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #122
Royd
Producer
Producer

Managed to sneak in (to this year) one of my longer term collecting goals in the shape of a fabulous epilogue page by John Buscema and Tony DeZuniga from Savage Sword of Conan #27 from the adaptation of REH's "beyond the Black River" story - woohoo! Just won the eBay auction!

Still chasing a decent Russ Manning page but they may be out of reach of my wallet based on recent sales
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #123
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion009 View Post
Well, not sure if I'll have a chance at these this year, but this is my current want list (not including stuff I have no chance in hell of getting):

1. Would really like to get a painted Valkyrie commission from Enric Torres-Prat (Enrich). I have 3 painted commissions from him so far, but all were from before when I started collecting Valkyrie (and other Norse Goddess) art. This one's pricy and might not be able to work it into next year's budget, but one can hope.
2. Linsner colored Karnilla commission to go with my Valkyrie and Hela pieces by him.
3. Valkyrie commission/sketch from Dodson. He's been on my list for years, but I never get to see him at a show.
4. Eric Basaldua Valkyrie
5. Nothing specific here, but Valkyrie will be co-starring in her own series starting early next year (Fearless Defenders) and Sif is currently the star of Journey into Mystery. So, hopefully I'll be able to pick up a nice splash or cover from this series.

I'm sure there will be more stuff I'll be wanting, especially as the guest lists for the shows I'm going to fill out. But these are the ones I'd really like to get in 2013.
Just looking back on my art goals for 2013 and comparing it with what actually happened. Goal #1 did not happen, a grail Army of Darkness vs Hack/Slash cover showed up and ate the funds I would have used for that. So, it's still tops on my list.
#2. Didn't see Linsner at a show this year, so no Karnilla. I did get my first Karnilla piece from Matthew Clark at Rose City con and that one turned out absolutely beautiful.
#3. This one I was able to cross off the list at Rose City con in Portland!
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1055681
#4. No Basaldua Valkyrie commission, but his latest price list that I've seen has sorta bumped him off the list. At those prices, there is other stuff I'd rather have.
#5. Both of those series art was done entirely digitally, so no pages from them. I did get an absolutely FANTASTIC Sif/Valkyrie commission from the Journey Into Mystery artist Valerio Schiti. Love it.
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1033696
So, even though I only knocked off 1 and a half-ish of my goals for the year, I did get quite a lot of art I absolutely love. 2013 was a good art year, for me.
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #124
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Taking pages from Risingstar, Predaking, and Monster I will likely continue to look for covers/splash pages and save for 1 or 2 larger purchases. I am sure there will still be the spontaneouos purchase at a show, but no more running around jumping on each and every list possible.
I generally held to this for 2013, but did purchase more than I expected getting 1 big purchase at 4 separate shows. I may compile my purchases into 1 thread once I have all of them in hand.

I did limit commissions and con sketches getting just a handful and all from big names.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #125
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I generally held to this for 2013, but did purchase more than I expected getting 1 big purchase at 4 separate shows. I may compile my purchases into 1 thread once I have all of them in hand.

I did limit commissions and con sketches getting just a handful and all from big names.
That seems to be the way to go. I don't know about you but back in 2006-2008 I was out of control as far as commission go.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote