Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #241
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
What no Canada or UsA. WTF. That's blastamy
Yep. It sucks, but doesn't stop us from securing it.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:19 AM   #242
StarSoldier
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famiman View Post
Yes, they ship to Europe.

Here's the whole list of countries they can sell/ship Morrigan to (found on facebook):

Albania
Andorra
Austria
Australia
Belarus
Belgium
Bulgaria
Brazil
Croatia
China
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Hong Kong
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Indonesia
India
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malaysia
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
Netherlands
Norway
New Zealand
Poland
Portugal
Philippines
Romania
Russia
San-Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
South Korea
Singapore
Taiwan
Thailand
Ukraine
United Kingdom
Vatican
Vietnam
thanks a lot!
StarSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:39 PM   #243
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Yeah it sucks, most things I find myself interested in now appear to be coming from over seas.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:40 PM   #244
Chargersfan57

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2017, 10:57 PM   #245
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I'm just catching up on this thread and thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
That's what I was thinking too. Price set because of the initial reaction to the statue and hype.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
I'm going to get both of them. That being said, I agree it is way too overpriced. I am convinced they simply shot up the price based on the good feedback they saw. 700 is completely unjustified. I would not be buying these if I weren't a Morigan fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
Cool looking piece, it’s nice to see more Darkstalkers.

But I’m not too fond of the portrait, it still resembles a case of too much plastic surgery. Plus at that price it’s an easy pass. Its way overpriced in my opinion, the cost to make this is 200-250 at most. I can live with a price of 500-550 but 700 is greed. I would rather throw another 200 on top towards a 1/3 or a massive 1/4.

They could have added a little more detail on the boots, outfit, feathers/fur, and the wings/horns. Look at Blizzard’s Illidan for example, the wings look unreal. Actually the entire piece screams detail and its 1/5 hand sculpted I believe.

Still a nice Morrigan, P2 colors look awesome and pop. Congrats to those picking it up, hope to see more Darkstalkers…

BTW, that figurama Amon diorama is exceptional, perfect execution in every aspect.
I've talked to the HMO guys at length about their production methods at STGCC this year and last year, and their production costs are much higher than their competitors for a variety of reasons. They call their factory a "production house" rather than a factory, because they only employ highly skilled workers who are professionally trained painters and artists. Mufizal pointed out to me several features on Ren that were actually improved at the factory, and he said she came out even better than he thought possible. They do NOT use a standard factory like Sideshow uses. That is one reason the cost is higher.

The second factor is the small ES. People are comparing this to the Sideshow Red Sonja. Sideshow made 4500 of the Red Sonja: She Devil at $550 a pop. If you think HMO can produce 600 Morrigan's for the same cost you are dreaming. The smaller the run, the higher the cost per statue.

A couple of people also mentioned the lifelike eyes. Mufizal said he wanted the eyes to be acrylic, but they don't manufacture acrylic eyes that small. So he hand made them. They haven't found a way to manufacture them to size, so they are going to make every single eye for the entire run of Morrigan BY HAND!

In short, after seeing her in person and talking to the HMO guys myself I do not think she is overpriced one bit. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Rebecca went to the con and said Morrigan is one of the nicest pieces she has seen from any company. Plus she went up close to the bats just to show that they're incredibly detailed!
I stand by that statement. She was one of the most beautiful statues I've ever seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femto View Post
Anyone notice the difference in color on her wings from the one displayed at the cons, to the one that are showing in pics? It went from a darker purple, to something more neutral. I think the neutral is more accurate, but the brighter purple pops more. What do you guys think?
That's definitely lighting, I noticed the difference in the official pictures as well. The pictures from the con will be the most accurate.

Quote:
And here is the actual part where Rebecca talks about the bat detail:

Btw, Rebecca I hope you don't mind I've been commenting about your video here specifically.

There are other great videos on YouTube of the piece but I thought you did a great job with yours.
Cheers! I don't mind at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
hairs here dont looks fine to me
Quote:
If you look at the two pics the one you posted her face is blown up and it's a super close shot. If you look at mine the strands look fine.

I think at 1/4 scale the piece in person will look better. Maybe sisko can comment as she saw it in person.
Hair looked absolutely fine in person IMO. No issue at all.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:58 PM   #246
Urizen
Doh!

I know the preorder for this is this week but does anyone know what the actual release date is?
Urizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:17 PM   #247
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Found an official closeup of the bat, nice detail and shading for such a tiny piece. Even veins painted in the wings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EEF71D7E-1F39-40CF-A39F-3D3E30C90BDF.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	108925  
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:04 AM   #248
qz33
Doctor Doom

Hand made eyes? How is that going to even work. Sounds amazing!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:55 AM   #249
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Found an official closeup of the bat, nice detail and shading for such a tiny piece. Even veins painted in the wings.
Whoa, I didn't even know about the painted veins! Just WHOA!
Old 10-24-2017, 03:05 AM   #250
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So just to clarify, Friday 11pm Singapore time is Friday morning 11am Eastern/8am Pacific, right?
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote