Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
Rocket
Art of Mod

The Avengers movie SPOILER THREAD

Well, with arguably the most anticipated movie just HOURS away from hiting screens, I thought I'd start up the Spoiler Thread for it

I'll be sure to post my thoughts later on once I've taken it in, and can't wait to see what everyone thinks of it!

Can't believe the seed of an after credits scene, planted in Iron Man, four long years ago, is finally about to bloom. It's been both an awesome and agonizing wait, and I almost can't believe that the day is finally here. The movie many said couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't be made has arrived.

Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Rocket
Art of Mod

Ok, so over 12 hours in, who has seen it?!!?

This moviwe is f**king FANTASTIC.

Full of Whedon-ness, and OMG that after credit teaser??

THANOS!!!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Ok, so over 12 hours in, who has seen it?!!?

This moviwe is f**king FANTASTIC.

Full of Whedon-ness, and OMG that after credit teaser??

THANOS!!!!!
I agree! It was a fantastic Whedon ride!!! Woots. It was so awesome and fantastic. Everything was done right. The initial start up was a bit slow and all, but that was understandable

The humour was just right. I mean, the Hulk punching Thor after taking down Loki? LOL.
And that "He's adopted?" comment was priceless!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyskeleton View Post
I agree! It was a fantastic Whedon ride!!! Woots. It was so awesome and fantastic. Everything was done right. The initial start up was a bit slow and all, but that was understandable

The humour was just right. I mean, the Hulk punching Thor after taking down Loki? LOL.
And that "He's adopted?" comment was priceless!
I agree Song!!

Oh and "Puny God"
Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
Rocket
Art of Mod

Classic Whedon moments also included:

Seeing Victor from Dollhouse cameo as a NY cop
The Agent Coulson death scene, was almost exactly like Wash's death scene in Serenity, and the line "It had to happen Boss, they needed something to.....(avenge)" brought a tear to my eye.

The tracking shot showcasing every Avenger during the final battle. Just wow. I thought Whedon couldn't rival the tracking shot he produced for the opening of Serenity, but he did it and then some. Masterful.

Last edited by Rocket; 04-25-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #6
jollyskeleton

Quote:
I agree Song!!

Oh and "Puny God"
Lots of quick one-liners that Thor and Tony Stark had that were just pure gold. Reminded me of Mal Renold's wisequips in Firefly/Serenity.

I actually felt sorry for Loki when he got pummelled by Hulk

I think they reshot the "genius, playboy, billionaire philanthropist" take.. he says it less humourously than the trailers did. haha
Old 04-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #7
jollyskeleton

Quote:
Classic Whedon moments also included:

Seeing Victor from Dollhouse cameo as a NY cop
The Agent Coulson death scene, was almost exacvtly like Wash's death scene in Serenity, and the line "It had to happen Boss, they needed something to.....(avenge)" brought a tear to my eye.

The tracking shot showcasing every Avenger during the final battle. Just wow. I thought Whedon couldn't rival the tracking shot he produced for the opening of Serenity, but he did it and then some. Masterful.

U know, i read somewhere that the guy who plays Coulson mentioned that it was classic Whedon to kill off some beloved character, but that he'd actually be back, and he's slated to reprise his role in IM 3. We didn't definitively see his body getting bagged, so theres a chance there

Oh and how awesome were the Iron Man-Thor-Cap fight and the Widow-Hawkeye and Hulk-Thor fights!!!! Loved the last one lol.

ps. Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper? Total scene stealer!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
Rocket
Art of Mod

Paltrow's brief moments were great!

Speaking of scene stealers, I know many are saying Hulk stole the movie, and he did get some of the best moments, but for mine, Tom Hiddleston as Loki completely stole this film, much like Fassbender did with X-Men: First Class.

His Loki in Avengers was a far greater beast than the one he delivered, adequately mind you, in Thor. He just oozed Loki in this film, just perfection.

My only gripe really, was that the explained Pepper being absent for most of the film, adressed Jane Foster, but what about Rhodey?!!? That needed to be dealt with because especially after IM2, the minute the aliens attacked he would have been there as War Machine, if not sooner. My only real issue.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
jollyskeleton

Quote:
Paltrow's brief moments were great!

Speaking of scene stealers, I know many are saying Hulk stole the movie, and he did get some of the best moments, but for mine, Tom Hiddleston as Loki completely stole this film, much like Fassbender did with X-Men: First Class.

His Loki in Avengers was a far greater beast than the one he delivered, adequately mind you, in Thor. He just oozed Loki in this film, just perfection.

My only gripe really, was that the explained Pepper being absent for most of the film, adressed Jane Foster, but what about Rhodey?!!? That needed to be dealt with because especially after IM2, the minute the aliens attacked he would have been there as War Machine, if not sooner. My only real issue.
Agree about Loki! He was soooo in character. I felt his character in the Thor flick was alright but nothing stellar, but today's viewing of the Avenger's left me convinced he was the right choice of actor.

Well when it comes to 'scene stealers' i don't normally count the main characters unless its something really really cool that happens, simply cos I think it would be perfectly normal that they appear in the scenes that do lol. Maybe thats why I felt Pepper stole the show from Tony.. Something about her presence
I guess I still have a crush on her from Shakespeare in Love lol (and boy does she still look good )

The portrayal of the Hulk in this flick i think worked because it didn't play so much on his angst and all but rather banked more on Ruffalo's take of Banner being more in control and of the Hulk's 'awareness' and not a mindless raging creature now? what do you think

Also with not explaning what happened to Rhodey.. That is a big ? indeed. Considering they managed to put in snippets about the rest, they could have spent a few mins talking about him... but who knows? Maybe they had issue about which actor to use lol.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #10
DarthKy
U talkin' to me?

I just saw this movie and it is EPIC AWESOME AMAZING F*CKIN BRILLIANT!!!

Have to say best movie Hulk ever. Puny god. LOL

Cant wait for the next one so in the meantime im planning to go see it again on sunday YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!
DarthKy is offline   Reply With Quote