Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #1781
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Any comment from Ashley regarding the lacking of primer?
Her response was:
"Thank you for your email. If an acceptable replacement is not available, we will give the option to keep your current statue, or honor a full refund. Are faith is high that the factory has fixed this issue prior to manufacturing our replacements."
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #1782
dechirico7
The Flash

I would assume that if you did decide to keep it, they would offer a partial refund.

IMO, they should recall the whole lot of them and give her another go. What about those people out there that don't visit these forums? I could see some people putting her in their display and years from now, moving her and finding her whole backside with no paint.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #1783
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I would assume that if you did decide to keep it, they would offer a partial refund.

IMO, they should recall the whole lot of them and give her another go. What about those people out there that don't visit these forums? I could see some people putting her in their display and years from now, moving her and finding her whole backside with no paint.
Is there some kind of primer I can spray mine with so this doesn't happen to mine?? Mine is in box until displays are done but I don't want her getting ruined!!
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #1784
Spazzy
Hercules

would probably have to spray a sealer, but that probably won't look very pretty, if none have primer on them before the reg paint was put on, it will probably happen to everyone in time.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #1785
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Man this is really sad to hear. I've had mine for about two months now. Nothing to report so far but I'll these horror stories have me worried. Sideshow may have run out of replacements by the time mine cracks... I def want to have Psylocke in my collection so I have no idea what to do right now.

p.s. How can they forget to apply the primer layer? And why is this always happening to Marvel products?
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #1786
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Is there some kind of primer I can spray mine with so this doesn't happen to mine?? Mine is in box until displays are done but I don't want her getting ruined!!
Primer goes under the paint, not on top. Your only option is to get a replacement, return her or have her repainted by someone.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #1787
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Man this is really sad to hear. I've had mine for about two months now. Nothing to report so far but I'll these horror stories have me worried. Sideshow may have run out of replacements by the time mine cracks... I def want to have Psylocke in my collection so I have no idea what to do right now.

p.s. How can they forget to apply the primer layer? And why is this always happening to Marvel products?
I don't think it would hurt to contact Sideshow regarding your concern. Maybe ask them what they are willing to do if your statue does start to crack in the future.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #1788
ichiro51
Justice League
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post

I've been wondering the same thing. Sideshow usually takes care of us, but if they KNOW all of the statues lack primer, it's like a car company not recalling a faulty vehicle - shows a lack of integrity that shakes my faith in Sideshow pretty deeply.
ichiro51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:25 AM   #1789
Abraxos
Doh!

Just looked mine over after reading about all the problems others have had and the base on mine is all cracked up.
Abraxos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:12 AM   #1790
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxos View Post
Just looked mine over after reading about all the problems others have had and the base on mine is all cracked up.
Yes mine is too . But bits the reg edition.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote