Old 11-19-2022, 09:41 PM   #1
Shoo
Hercules

Prime 1: Transformers - Powermaster Optimus Prime

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 10:38 PM   #2
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I don?t know what to think of this. Neat but Jesus? Looks different from Nizzi?s concept art from 7 years ago but if this getting made allowed Megatron to get made I?m happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CE15A29E-FFD0-4D8E-A059-B127FC204F9E.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	155731  
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:22 PM   #3
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I can't believe this thread isn't booming.

I'm more of a Megatron Fan, but Optimus easily stole the show in my books. Crazy Center Piece

I can only imagine the amount of pieces this guy has. Probably need a degree in Mechanical Engineering if you're looking to assemble it.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:39 PM   #4
xb24
Sinister Six

All their Transformers look great, except that I find each of them have too many pieces, making them more like a big, fragile Lego set than a statue.
xb24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:55 PM   #5
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I can't believe this thread isn't booming.

I'm more of a Megatron Fan, but Optimus easily stole the show in my books. Crazy Center Piece

I can only imagine the amount of pieces this guy has. Probably need a degree in Mechanical Engineering if you're looking to assemble it.
Yeah I didn?t know what to think at first. I was getting Gundam vibes.. So watched the video again and looked the design some more and then I could see it better.

It is pretty cool. I am a big PM Prime fan. And this looks apart a bit from the Bayformer stuff so that?s cool.

I might be in on this but I?d have to the price first. Looks like $4K piece in our current climate
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 08:40 PM   #6
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I thought Macross or Gundam and well. These 2 are going to be huge. I?m only in for Megatron. I planned my collection around him back when they showed the rough art not realizing things don?t always get made.

I still think they should have followed the old Optimus concept art but I understand it looks too close to their Bumblebee piece. If you check out Nizzi?s rough sketches from the TF movie art books or Longhaul, these designs probably would have been better received.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:06 PM   #7
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I thought Macross or Gundam and well. These 2 are going to be huge. I?m only in for Megatron. I planned my collection around him back when they showed the rough art not realizing things don?t always get made.

I still think they should have followed the old Optimus concept art but I understand it looks too close to their Bumblebee piece. If you check out Nizzi?s rough sketches from the TF movie art books or Longhaul, these designs probably would have been better received.
Yeah I haven?t seen any of his work so these designs are all new to me. I?ll definitely take a look at Nizzis stuff.

I do love Macross. I have the Kids logic Cockpit and the Prime1 Rick Hunter Valkyrie in guardian mode, so this piece might fit very well in with my collection, probably the centerpiece actually, you?re right.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:37 PM   #8
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Yeah I didn?t know what to think at first. I was getting Gundam vibes.. So watched the video again and looked the design some more and then I could see it better.

It is pretty cool. I am a big PM Prime fan. And this looks apart a bit from the Bayformer stuff so that?s cool.

I might be in on this but I?d have to the price first. Looks like $4K piece in our current climate
Based on the number of pieces and the size, I was thinking at least $3k (but you are probably closer).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:26 PM   #9
pau123
Sailor Moon

Prime keeps getting bigger
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 03:43 PM   #10
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This piece contradicts the spirit of Optimus Prime. It's like an alternate reality concept like Batman Grim Knight.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote