Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-21-2018, 12:37 AM   #171
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
I couldn't care less if Affleck, Gadot, Miller, or even Mamoa was recast, but Cavill was Superman. Him, and Zimmers Superman theme fit together like Fish and Chips. If Cavill and the Man of Steel theme is out, then I'm out. Nothing will bring me back to the DCEU.
To each his own. I though Affleck was a good Batman and Gadot is a terrific Wonder Woman. Cavill was terrible as Superman. It may have been the directing but his pouting, brooding dark character just is not Superman at all.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:24 AM   #172
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

To each their own, remember this is all opinion. I personally loved Cavill as Superman and Gadot as WW was awesome. Affleck at Batman was average at best but I still didn't hate it. For me it is less about the actors and all about what DC can't seem to do - develop a great, coordinated series of movies around some of the best superheros ever created.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #173
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
To each their own, remember this is all opinion. I personally loved Cavill as Superman and Gadot as WW was awesome. Affleck at Batman was average at best but I still didn't hate it. For me it is less about the actors and all about what DC can't seem to do - develop a great, coordinated series of movies around some of the best superheros ever created.
Agreed, I thought the castings were good and the rest was awful other than WW.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:17 PM   #174
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Hoechlin is my Superman.

Can't stand either actor for these characters.....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:01 PM   #175
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I honestly don't get this "Too Dark". Seems like everybody wants the MCU but with DC character's.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #176
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I honestly don't get this "Too Dark". Seems like everybody wants the MCU but with DC character's.
I don't think that's quite how I, and maybe others, feel. Sure the Marvel universe, both print and celluloid, is a meaner, darker place than the DC universe but at least as far as the MCU goes they've learned that time-honored lesson regarding horror movies.... you need some humor and light moments to break the tension (or monotony). Tony Stark cracks wise in every outing at some point ("You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards!"). Thor makes asides and quips ("He is... adopted"). Even the Hulk gets some in ("Puny gods!"). Contrast those moments with the DCEU stuff, if you can really find many. Wonder Woman had some light, awkward, offsetting moments and Justice League, and to some degree Suicide Squad, interjected some naked humanity and humor in the characters. JL's writers at least seemed to be trying to dial back the grimness a notch. Grim and gritty can be plusses, but not too excess where it becomes all piss and vinegar. (I'm looking at you Batfleck in BvS).
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:27 AM   #177
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Bet we get that with James Gunn's Suicide Squad 2
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote