Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Which run/series are you dying to see in a TPB?

Of course, the Thor/Simonson omnibus is a must have. But also...

Kelley Jones/Doug Moench (thanks Toxie!) - Batman

and

JR JR and Roger Stern - Amazing SpiderMan

How about you?
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:32 AM   #2
Gangleri
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

The Mighty Thor/JMS. With a DVD-Rom (GIT/Marvel) coming out in 2008 decided to wait for a trade of this title....looking forward to it.

Sadly Exiles 100 might be the last issue of the series(15 trades - up to issue #94)...so I hope they also do a trade of the Exiles/Excalibur mini cross over that ties in with issue 100.

While not a TPB I hope Captain Mar-vell and Adam Warlock get the OMNIBUS treatment...Kane and Starlin are Favorites!! (Speaking of which, can't wait to see what Jim Shooter does on DC's Legion of SuperHeroes starting with #37).
Gangleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:34 AM   #3
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangleri View Post
The Mighty Thor/JMS. With a DVD-Rom (GIT/Marvel) coming out in 2008 decided to wait for a trade of this title....looking forward to it.

Sadly Exiles 100 might be the last issue of the series(15 trades - up to issue #94)...so I hope they also do a trade of the Exiles/Excalibur mini cross over that ties in with issue 100.

While not a TPB I hope Captain Mar-vell and Adam Warlock get the OMNIBUS treatment...Kane and Starlin are Favorites!! (Speaking of which, can't wait to see what Jim Shooter does on DC's Legion of SuperHeroes starting with #37).
Where di you hear this? I knew if anyone was going to be the death of Exiles, it would be Claremont!!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:48 AM   #4
Gangleri

The way they described the cross over "tied into the last issue of Exiles" and for exiles #100....

"Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT Pencils & Cover by TOM GRUMMETT Adios, Exiles! They've left their footprints across the multiverse for a hundred issues, but what threat will make Blink and Co. close up shop for good? It's not what you expect! And what's this we hear about an all NEW EXILES…Also! Re-presenting the classic Exiles #1 by Judd Winnick and Mike McKone! SHIP DATE: 12/19/07"

--------

"Might" be the end...but maybe they will be getting a overhaul (cast) like the rest of the X-Books.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:49 AM   #5
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangleri View Post
The way they described the cross over "tied into the last issue of Exiles" and for exiles #100....

"Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT Pencils & Cover by TOM GRUMMETT Adios, Exiles! They've left their footprints across the multiverse for a hundred issues, but what threat will make Blink and Co. close up shop for good? It's not what you expect! And what's this we hear about an all NEW EXILES…Also! Re-presenting the classic Exiles #1 by Judd Winnick and Mike McKone! SHIP DATE: 12/19/07"

--------

"Might" be the end...but maybe they will be getting a overhaul (cast) like the rest of the X-Books.
Hopefully the latter, with new writer!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:59 AM   #6
Gangleri

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Hopefully the latter, with new writer!
Agreed ....Just hope they don't send Blink back to the AOA universe...unless they give her a title of her own!! But one thing about this title...Exiles has not been afraid to kill off main (interesting) characters and move on....so I really have no idea who will still be standing at the end of issue 100. Looking forward to the trade paperbacks.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:06 AM   #7
Gangleri

A DC trade I am looking forward to...is a fun Worlds Finest backup series I enjoyed as a kid....

BATMAN SUPERMAN SAGA OF THE SUPER SONS TP

Written by Bob Haney Art by Dick Dillin, Murphy Anderson, Vince Colletta and others Cover by Nick Cardy For the first time, the complete saga of the Super Sons is collected in one volume! Features stories from the pages of WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #215-216, 221-222, 224, 228, 230, 231, 233, 238, 242, 263 and ELSEWORLDS 80-PAGE GIANT #1!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:06 AM   #8
RichBamf

I'm looking forward to seeing some more DC Absolute editions!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:07 AM   #9
Babytoxie
Ghost

Mantlo & Golden's Micronauts
ROM
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:15 AM   #10
Gangleri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
Mantlo & Golden's Micronauts
ROM
I don't know who owns the publishing rights to all the stories/characters....but if they get done...I hope they do a Omnibus (hardcover) format.