Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-31-2021, 11:23 AM   #21
adee
Green Arrow

After reading everyone's posts it's very strange how like minded I am with this forum.

like a hive

I still think it's kinda dumb and I would have preferred a different symboite coming to the MCU. I love Hardy but I don't like Venom which is crazy

Maybe the piece that was left behind isn't corny

Also agreed on Flash Thompson. What a slap to the face of the character. Can anyone see that guy as agent venom? lol

I was totally hoping for Emma Stone Spider Gwen mostly because I love Emma Stone.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 02:05 AM   #22
Y3E
Gen 13

I like the comic inspired spider suit Peter wore at the end
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 03:28 AM   #23
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

It will be a very difficult movie to follow. May Parker being gone and his severed connection to MJ and Ned drops the stakes for him considerably. Moving from a climactic fight like in NWH to facing a single villain may seem less exciting. I?m not sure how to follow this.

I do think in the next one the following needs to happen:
1. Ned and MJ need to remember him. That history they had needs to be returned. It won?t be enough that they start fresh. That means magic. That means someone like Mephisto.
2. He has to go through some type of gauntlet. A single villain won?t be as exciting but they?ve burned the idea of doing a sinister six movie. That?s come and gone now.
3. We either start to establish this universes Eddie brock or that symbiote finds Gargan who we?ve already met in jail. With vulture playing a part in morbius, perhaps this will happen in a post credit scene for that movie.
4. The final opening of the multiverse at the end of Spidey NWH had consequences. I don?t believe we?ve heard the last of it and potentially this is how they bridge in the FF, Deadpool, and XMen series into the MCU.
5. He?s dealt with too much loss. With Tony and May gone there won?t be any more death around him. We haven?t delved into his original parents or uncle Ben with this spiderman either.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:51 AM   #24
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I like the comic inspired spider suit Peter wore at the end
I really want to see more of that, it happened too fast for me to appreciate.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:48 AM   #25
protector2814
Phoenix

Finally watched this - So, Doctor Strange alters the universe, shatters into the Marvel' Multi-Verse, battles Spiderman & a collection of super-vllians ... all because Peter & his pals didn't get into MIT? & a new Dr. Strange movie has been built on top of the ashes of this pile. Wow! Shark jumped.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:03 PM   #26
Halcyon
New Republic

Did not like this third movie.
After the introduction in the first and the schooltrip in the second, was hoping this one would give us some really good Spidey action (e.g. against Octo and Lizard). But with so many characters in it, there was no room for good story build up with large fighting scenes.

Michael Keaton was great as Vulture. They put that nicely in Homecoming (comicbook vibe).

First Spider-Man triology is still the best imo.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:20 PM   #27
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Finally watched this - So, Doctor Strange alters the universe, shatters into the Marvel' Multi-Verse, battles Spiderman & a collection of super-vllians ... all because Peter & his pals didn't get into MIT? & a new Dr. Strange movie has been built on top of the ashes of this pile. Wow! Shark jumped.
agreed, this movie was terribly over hyped IMO. I think they threw preestablished characterization and a coherent story out the window just for the novelty of having the 3 spider-man together, nothing anyone did in this movie made sense, they just did whatever to get the 3 spider-man together
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:53 PM   #28
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I was thoroughly entertained the first time I saw this in the theater. Seeing it a second time I am now scratching my head wondering why I liked so many obviously stupid decisions. I loved having the 2 previous Spider-Men coming back but the road that led there was paved with idiocy in many parts. Still some great scenes to watch though. It is very much a plot hole orgy going on. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:21 PM   #29
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I won't change my opinion of the movie. I still like it a lot, but I did note in the other No Way Home thread that from the debut of the first teaser, I thought this is indeed the most irresponsible Spider-Man ever. And that was acknowledged in the film by the fact that this Spider-Man had no Uncle Ben. It was the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man after all who was responsible and stopped the MCU Spider-Man from killing Green Goblin. So to say that the movie threw away preexisting characterizations is incorrect. All Spider-Men stayed completely in character as they had been in previous films. Now that this Spider-Man has finally had his "with great power comes great responsibility moment," maybe he won't make any more bonehead decisions like giving Mysterio access to Stark technology.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote