Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-26-2022, 01:01 PM   #171
Augen
Metal Men

Get a shoot out, light sabre fight and duel, some history, new ship (modified from prequels) some droids and weird creatures.

I think it is interesting how Din confesses to removing his helmet having real consequences of apostacy to atone. He conveys so much while for me Boba takes his off so much that he loses a bit of that aura of power and mystery.

I like how they explained the tragedy of Bo Katan and why she did what she did in Mandalorian S2E8. There is a lot of room there between her, Din, and Sabine about the Dark Sabre.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:54 PM   #172
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Get a shoot out, light sabre fight and duel, some history, new ship (modified from prequels) some droids and weird creatures.

I think it is interesting how Din confesses to removing his helmet having real consequences of apostacy to atone. He conveys so much while for me Boba takes his off so much that he loses a bit of that aura of power and mystery.

I like how they explained the tragedy of Bo Katan and why she did what she did in Mandalorian S2E8. There is a lot of room there between her, Din, and Sabine about the Dark Sabre.

Nailed it.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:01 PM   #173
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:

I think that has a lot to do with this Boba Fett falling flat. We never once saw him in the Original Trilogy without a helmet on. And now he rarely has it on. I'm still holding out hope this series gets better. I am enjoying it but after watching this episode I feel like it could be so much better and being reminded how good The Mandalorian is. There have been some high points but then there have been more flat points and lows. The Flashbacks so far have been my favorite parts and they are over now.

I would have told you before today that you were crazy if you had said "The best episode of The Book of Boba Fett will not have him in it."

But here we are.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 04:32 PM   #174
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I would have told you before today that you were crazy if you had said "The best episode of The Book of Boba Fett will not have him in it."

But here we are.
Yeah, just watched the episode. Best episode so far.
I look forward to one of these every Wednesday.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:39 PM   #175
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Lady Mando: Have you ever removed your helmet?
Mando: About 20 times, because the actor playing me is a diva.

Fun episode, but out of place in a Boba Fett show.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:42 PM   #176
Y3E
Gen 13

Another great Mandalorian episode.

This is how the series be, no Boring Fett
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:48 PM   #177
Mister H
Gen 13

So if there are two episodes left, they really need to be something special. This series isn’t terrible but it’s not great either. Loved seeing the heavy artillery Mando. Interesting that they made him a Vizla. Hopefully a PF will be made of him and the armorer soon.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:57 PM   #178
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
So if there are two episodes left, they really need to be something special. This series isn?t terrible but it?s not great either. Loved seeing the heavy artillery Mando. Interesting that they made him a Vizla. Hopefully a PF will be made of him and the armorer soon.
Oh yeah, I would buy them. Even 1/4 Hot Toys
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:02 PM   #179
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Another great Mandalorian episode.

This is how the series be, no Boring Fett
Yep. I'm actually more interested to see what item was made for Baby Yoda than what Fett is up to next.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:10 PM   #180
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Episode 5 was easily my favorite thus far. I loved Din's journey and all the sets, creatures, lore, ships. Sort of crazy how they hit nearly every single aspect of Star Wars.

Also, the desolation of Mandalore is haunting with those K2s acting out the opening of T2.

Really excited for next week as stories converge.
Fully agree, I loved this episode. Definitely a lot of connective tissue and references on display. Mos Eisley connects to the original trilogy, N1 starfighter connects to the prequels, the Dark Saber and Tarre Vizsla namedrop connect to the animated series, and the BD droid connects to the Jedi Fallen Order video game. The Mandalore scene was wicked, the massive fleet of TIE-bombers, and those KX droids looking like they were fresh off the Skynet assembly line, haunting.

I wonder if we'll see Din's detour to see Grogu/Luke in the next episode, or will they save it for Mando Season 3. Either way I'm fine, I just hope the good momentum continues from the last two eps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Interesting that they made him a Vizla. Hopefully a PF will be made of him and the armorer soon.
I think an Armorer PF would garner more interest than the Moff Gideon or Cara Dune PFs
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote