Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-15-2021, 09:21 AM   #431
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Eagle View Post
ha. i love watching mass hysteria and mob mentality when things like this happen. final production is never equal to prototype and i would expect seasoned collectors to wake up already. how many times does this scenario need to play out?

if you never saw the prototype you would all be saying how amazing this was. not from the first images we got....no that was bad....but these newer ones all look fine to me. JND sells for what? 2500? and looks like crap to me, but ppl justify it because of the price they paid or to support the company. The JND likeness is meh at best to me. as it stands, this prime 1 is not perfect, no, but nothing is. especially with this character.

if you want proof...look at the prime 1 1/2 scale joker. ppl raved about that. they loved it. that HS is one hot pile of $hi# if there ever was one. Now this one comes out and the first photos taken ppl are running for the hills. it's laughable. and i am laughing at all the people who are proclaiming what a huge failure this was. most of you will re order in the future once proper reviews with good lighting and good cameras show up.

here are my HS ratings opinion to give context.

Prime 1 smiling Proto: 8.5/10
Prime 1 serious Proto: 9/10
Prime 1 smiling production: 6.8/10
JND : 5.3/10
Queen Studios 1/4 prototype: 9/10
Prime 1 1/2 scale: 1.5/10

As it stands I'm not cancelling. I have no MAJOR problems. I wish it was better, sure. but this is what it is. i still dont see a better 1/3 one. so until then, ill ride with this one.
A bit harsh.....and I disagree with your opinion on JND's statue. Other than that, I accept your slap in the face "wake up call". You're right on every other point, in my opinion. We're acting like panicked children, based on photos from a collector who clearly has no idea on what a camera is, let alone how to use it.

It was probably a well meaning collector who made the effort to create the shots, but (as usual) they do far more harm than good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Pretty balanced review. Looks better in videos. If I preferred this version of the DK joker and brought this, I don't think I'd be disappointed nor would I be awed by it, but feel this is acceptable and a solid enough effort. Definitely not prototype level but close enough to be a keeper, 80% quality imo which is roughly in line with Prime 1 standards these days.
Completely agree.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:11 AM   #432
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEBOX View Post
I share the sentiment. Watched it on mute after 10 seconds.
Hopefully this one will be better:

https://youtu.be/k3mYARYPRNY
This is a great comparison, JND looks too old, prime 1 has a lack of wrinkles that paint could have fixed to a certain extent. Queen's 1/4 proto gets it right IMO, am hopeful the paint will hold up to scrutiny on that one
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:55 AM   #433
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

I loved the illustration Wiki used with the cars. There isn't a "correct" choice of car but rather what suits YOUR needs the best.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 01:28 PM   #434
ShadowGuardian
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Very well done review, and I love the side by side comparison with JND.

JND has the upper hand here overall I think, but keep in mind you're paying what, close to $1k more for the JND? So that better be the case.

Going off of the review I'm actually more happy with the P1 now. As he says, the P1 has so many elements of the film/character rolled into one which is exactly what I want. And the paint, while not prototype level unfortunately, is not as bad as those first pictures made it out to be for sure.

Will be keeping my order.
ShadowGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 02:28 PM   #435
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

i made a Joker POLL thread in the general section comparing all the high end Joker statues. I voted for this Prime 1 over the Queen and JND, but im not too crazy how the paint job on the face turned out. i don't like the sheen of his facepaint and the black around his eyes. it really hurts it for me. but maybe the new head will be finished a lot better. Right now i'd change my vote to the JND.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 05:08 PM   #436
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i made a Joker POLL thread in the general section comparing all the high end Joker statues. I voted for this Prime 1 over the Queen and JND, but im not too crazy how the paint job on the face turned out. i don't like the sheen of his facepaint and the black around his eyes. it really hurts it for me. but maybe the new head will be finished a lot better. Right now i'd change my vote to the JND.
Yeah I noticed the sheen too, that's totally wrong
Old 12-15-2021, 06:07 PM   #437
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Yeah I noticed the sheen too, that's totally wrong
I wonder if we sprayed a Matt coat over it if it would take the gloss down a bit.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 06:16 PM   #438
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I wonder if we sprayed a Matt coat over it if it would take the gloss down a bit.
I wouldn't like to say, it needs an airbrush with matte paint IMO
Old 12-15-2021, 10:13 PM   #439
Philly Eagle
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEBOX View Post
I share the sentiment. Watched it on mute after 10 seconds.
Hopefully this one will be better:

https://youtu.be/k3mYARYPRNY
this video looks fine. i like the statue. like i said, mass hysteria for nothing.

however, it does present a new problem for me and my tastes.....those grenades.

this was a poor design. to have him bent over and then adding those grenades pull the jacket all out of whack. looks very awkward. those grenades just pull everything towards them and the jacket hangs open. poor. very bad.

i will be omitting the grenades. luckily ill have the QS for the real grenades version.

otherwise im satisfied. i quite like it. all the people proclaiming the sky was falling once again proved to be the typical knee jerk reaction that was all for nothing.

yes, its not prototype. I've been collecting forever. rarely do you encounter an item that matches prototype. im having a hard time thinking of one that I ever owned that matched the prototype. i know there must be some, but I cant think of any.
Philly Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 10:53 PM   #440
superdude
The X-Men

Yeah it does look much better in that review, but I just don't think I'll be able to judge this statue properly until I see the alternate head on it. As that smiling sculpt is so goofy and awkward that it just throws off the entire thing for me.

If the pose works better with that other sculpt then I can see it being worth picking up and making whatever mods might be necessary.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote