Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-29-2020, 09:59 PM   #41
nameivom
The Herculoids

Since this is a collab with Blitzway the statue will probably include a fabric suit which for some of you will be a no go.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:15 AM   #42
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Since this is a collab with Blitzway the statue will probably include a fabric suit which for some of you will be a no go.
As far as i am aware, haven't all the Ledger Joker statues made use of mixed media (fabric jacket).
I'm not to bothered by mixed media. I prefer sculpted hair. Blitzway, who i assume will be working on the portrait, tend to go for sculpted hair.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:21 AM   #43
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah, I’m hoping for sculpted hair on this one also. I have a Bobby C custom Joker now (as a stand alone piece) that has hand punched hair that I am really happy with.

I plan on putting this one with my 1/3 Prime 1 TDK pieces: Batman, Bane, and Catwoman. Hoping they do Two-Face and Scarecrow later down the road also. I’d also like Ra’s al Ghul, but that’s probably wishful thinking..
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:07 PM   #44
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Yeah, I’m hoping for sculpted hair on this one also. I have a Bobby C custom Joker now (as a stand alone piece) that has hand punched hair that I am really happy with.

I plan on putting this one with my 1/3 Prime 1 TDK pieces: Batman, Bane, and Catwoman. Hoping they do Two-Face and Scarecrow later down the road also. I’d also like Ra’s al Ghul, but that’s probably wishful thinking..
Can you post a pic or send one to me of your Bobby version? I have one too. I'm always curious what the other ones he's made look like.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:19 PM   #45
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

PM me your email address.

A. I don’t know how to post pictures on here.
and
B. I have had a hard time with people bashing customs I own / owned in the past. Mainly on the “other” forum, which I don’t go to anymore because of (and other reasons).
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:40 PM   #46
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Can you post a pic or send one to me of your Bobby version? I have one too. I'm always curious what the other ones he's made look like.
Here's mine.

Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:51 PM   #47
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
PM me your email address.

A. I don’t know how to post pictures on here.
and
B. I have had a hard time with people bashing customs I own / owned in the past. Mainly on the “other” forum, which I don’t go to anymore because of (and other reasons).
Incoming. Yea, I know what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
Here's mine.

looks really good man. I think the paint on mine is a little too thick, but no complaints otherwise.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:53 AM   #48
Jack Burton

Quote:
Incoming. Yea, I know what you mean.

looks really good man. I think the paint on mine is a little too thick, but no complaints otherwise.
Thanks!!! I went with the poseable body option. Also, I had the body for a while, then he sent the head later. I'm happy I did it that way, so I was able to control neck length, head tilt, and the direction he was looking.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:57 PM   #49
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
Thanks!!! I went with the poseable body option. Also, I had the body for a while, then he sent the head later. I'm happy I did it that way, so I was able to control neck length, head tilt, and the direction he was looking.
yep, I have the poseable body too. Have him holding the pencil. I wish the head was slightly poseable too.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:07 PM   #50
Jack Burton

Quote:
yep, I have the poseable body too. Have him holding the pencil. I wish the head was slightly poseable too.
I suppose the head could be made slightly poseable. Anything's possible. I just put a dowel in some epoxy in the upper torso. Then I put the other end of the dowel into the silicone head (with some silicone cauking). I was able to choose the angle, and direction of his stare, so I'm not concerned. But I'm sure Bobby used a similar setup for yours as well, so it's possible. Just takes a little bravery.

One would probably have to pull the head off, Dremel out the epoxy (or whatever he used), and get some sort of swiveling metal rod like this.

https://www.zoro.com/s-w-leveling-mo...SABEgKZwPD_BwE