Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-07-2022, 05:47 PM   #141
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
$500+ is not normal for a 1/6 statue. You may believe this to be true... but it isn't. You see that Mezco Conan 1/6 for $225, pretty sick piece, right? you see that new Blitzway 1/4 scale Bruce Lee for $549...those prices seems pretty normal to me, maybe not to your due to your mid-2020 join date, rest assured... they're normal. Was that too snarky? just speaking truths. To me, sounds like you have really bought in to what the companies are preaching the new normal of statue prices. If you are willing to pay that's your prerogative, as you said it's the decision of the collector. But if you do a search on Entertainment Earth, Sideshow, BBTS, whatever retailer you will like...you will quickly see $500+ IS NOT a normal price for Bowen-like sculpt of a 1/6 scale statue from a company like Tweeterhead. see Kotobukiya's new line of 1:6, sub $400 statues similar quality and scale and details.
"Judging by my mid 2020 start date" lol ok.... Not sure what that has to do with anything, we are talking CURRENT prices, are we not...? You know things have increased dramatically since the pandemic? I assume you don't care or don't accept it, which is perfectly your choice... Speak with your wallet, like we all do.

And yes, it is my choice to buy it if I want it, which is all I said. Price doesn't really deter me one way or another, I buy what I like. Just like it'll be your choice for you to buy or not buy once the price sets in. All I'm saying, if you are expecting this to be a $600 USD piece, boy are you gonna be disappointed. We can argue all day what the prices SHOULD be, I'm discussing what the price WILL be.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:39 PM   #142
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
"Judging by my mid 2020 start date" lol ok.... Not sure what that has to do with anything, we are talking CURRENT prices, are we not...? You know things have increased dramatically since the pandemic? I assume you don't care or don't accept it, which is perfectly your choice... Speak with your wallet, like we all do.

And yes, it is my choice to buy it if I want it, which is all I said. Price doesn't really deter me one way or another, I buy what I like. Just like it'll be your choice for you to buy or not buy once the price sets in. All I'm saying, if you are expecting this to be a $600 USD piece, boy are you gonna be disappointed. We can argue all day what the prices SHOULD be, I'm discussing what the price WILL be.
yes the 1/6 tweeterheads are under 500 and so are kotobukiya (some well under 400). That being said I am not sure if they will consider this two characters thus increasing the price substantially. we will all just have to wait and see. I am sure it will be cool but it will depend on price for me but thats just me. The value of things is different to anyone. these wouldn't be worth $2 to my parents....kind of like the crap they like isn't worth anything to me. I do hope its a price that fits in my range for me though.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:17 PM   #143
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
yes the 1/6 tweeterheads are under 500 and so are kotobukiya (some well under 400). That being said I am not sure if they will consider this two characters thus increasing the price substantially. we will all just have to wait and see. I am sure it will be cool but it will depend on price for me but thats just me. The value of things is different to anyone. these wouldn't be worth $2 to my parents....kind of like the crap they like isn't worth anything to me. I do hope its a price that fits in my range for me though.
I agree 100%. Though the new TH 2.0 definitely trumps the other/cheaper options IMO.

That said, think we are saying the same thing
Old 01-08-2022, 09:22 AM   #144
BurningRage
Inhumans

Watching the cartoon on prime. I want this now.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 04:30 PM   #145
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

This is the most wholesome riot I can imagine.
Why am I picturing a bunch of these guys running around?
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:21 AM   #146
Colossus7
Doh!

Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
there are certainly costs of doing business that are outside a company's control, but it would be foolish to say they don't have direct control over the MSRP they choose to list on their website.

Whether you realized it or not despite the nice conversation, Igo was preparing us that the piece was going to be expensive. He said this deluxe piece is going to be expensive and the price pretty much s what it is..it
'will be what it will be". That's what my boss says to me when something sucks and there's nothing they can do about it. as a long-time statue consumer wanted TH to know anything close to $1000 is a horrendous price for a 1/6 scale piece. Especially when a company like MEZCO delivered a killer $225 Conan statue in 2022 in the same scale.

in regards to the interaction, It's good for a smaller company like TH to post on here. It's in their best interest to do so, to connect to the the customer base which builds brand loyalty. Randy capitalized on this, and gained many fans and customers along the way. igo obviously wanted to do it, if he didn't he wouldn't do it.

Producers of companies may not like it when their consumers give it to them straight, it helps everyone...the producers, consumers and the hobby. People freaked out when i gave Randy Bowen my honest opinion over on the other site. It was not the popular opinion and despite how it upset many, it came from a good place.
What ever happened to the THUNDERCATS Panthro that was being worked on? Can we please get an update? And on the price issue yes some of these companies are getting carried away with the prices! I don?t want to hear the plandemic excuse. What will happen is people will stop buying if the prices aren?t reasonable. This is a adult hobby for childrens properties. It really is not that important yes it?s fun an nostalgic but you can?t take it with you! And if you have been collecting since the Randy Bowen days you are running out of space. PCS got greedy and now only make 1k plus 24inch statues that will not sell. Trust me people have a lot better to spend money on than a hobby that does make you any money!🦍
Colossus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:02 AM   #147
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus7 View Post
Trust me people have a lot better to spend money on than a hobby that does make you any money!🦍
That's a little presumptuous, people will buy things they perceive are worth it to them. Whatever that "value" is, is very subjective and depends on the person.

I'll never try to convince anyone what THEIR value is to them but you shouldn't assume other people share the same value for an item as you do. I have plenty of hobbies that dont make me any money, but I continue with them because they give me value (to me) and overall happiness, which at the end of the day is the only thing that matters. If what you said were true, people wouldn't drink alcohol lol. After all, that's a hobby that certainly doesn't make you any money...
Old 01-09-2022, 02:00 PM   #148
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
That's a little presumptuous, people will buy things they perceive are worth it to them. Whatever that "value" is, is very subjective and depends on the person.

I'll never try to convince anyone what THEIR value is to them but you shouldn't assume other people share the same value for an item as you do. I have plenty of hobbies that dont make me any money, but I continue with them because they give me value (to me) and overall happiness, which at the end of the day is the only thing that matters. If what you said were true, people wouldn't drink alcohol lol. After all, that's a hobby that certainly doesn't make you any money...
Agree - one person's statue collecting is to another person's vintage car restoration, to another's bourbon purchases, to a person who loves taking 3-4 trips per year, to another's watch collection, to collections involving beanie babies, action figures, funko pops, stamps, etc., etc. Everyone has a different way they want to spend their money.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:54 AM   #149
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
We should come up with a new hashtag.

Hmm, something like #She-RaSwiftwindOrRiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Riot for sure...I would give him my soul for that statue, well what's left
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

This is the most wholesome riot I can imagine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Why am I picturing a bunch of these guys running around?

Back from a weekend of trying to stay off my phone/internet to this funny AF idea....and I support it!! My recommendation is we take out the hypen and "or." One giant run-on for simplicity. #SheRaSwiftwindRiot

Also, Bob's Burgers is my jam. Really had a great home between Simpsons and Family Guy but is really on our heavy viewing rotation on Adult Swim. I was happy to see Adult Swim brought back King of the Hill because it pairs well with Bob's Burgers.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:30 PM   #150
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Welp, glad most people are at least digging how it looks!

In regards to 1:5 scale vs 1:6 scale, Chad and I had a lot of discussions about the pros and cons to both, and we feel TH is mostly known for 1:6 scale, especially with the classic DC lines, so we thought saving 1:5 scale strictly for "Legends" and going back to 1:6 scale for the "Classic" MOTU line was the way to go. It affords us the opportunity to do deluxe pieces like this, that will be expensive regardless, but slightly more affordable than if they were 1:5 scale. While the difference in size between those two scales is marginal with a more standard statue, when it comes to a He-Man on Battle Cat it becomes much more significant. Plus, who doesnt want a He-Man on BC to go with their new Superman!?!

We are doing our best to be sensitive as to not cannibalize sales from the "Legends" line, but as others have said, we think there is a collector base out there that wants a more truly classic take on the MOTU universe. This felt like the best way to open that door, and if it does well, I think most people have guessed who would come next

Price will be what it will be. We do everything in our power to make things as affordable as possible, but end of the day the cost of production has gone up significantly over the last few years, as well as shipping containers, and all that adds up. We still arnt sure on the final price yet, we're in the middle of finishing the prototype, and once the final paint is done, final size is locked in, we can start quoting with our factories and figure out the best place to put this duo.

As a MOTU fan myself, I couldnt be more excited with what we got cooking for 2022. Starting out the year with Mer-Man "Legends" and this He-Man on Battle Cat that will kick start a new "Classic" style line, the other stuff we revealed at Power-Con, and we still got a LOT of other MOTU goodness coming out and planned for the next few years...

Thanks everyone! Hopefully we'll have more to share soon!
I have all the Sideshow MotU statues and will definitely stay in the Legends statues line from Tweeterhead to continue. I think I will also start with the Classic statues but won't get the lifesize busts. I recently watched your panel at Power-Con 2021 finally completely and it was really great.
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote