Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 12-08-2021, 06:03 AM   #1
ukshaun
Hercules

Hot Toys Catwoman (newly painted head sculpt with movie-accurate facial expression)

THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY
CATWOMAN
1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE
?I had to find a way to stop them trying to kill me.? ? Catwoman

In the last installment of Christopher Nolan?s the Dark Knight trilogy, the masked terrorist Bane with ruthless plans for Gotham drives Batman out of his self-imposed exile. Trusted by Batman yet in league with Bane, Catwoman meets up the Caped Crusader in the subway tunnels and leads him to a trap resulting in Bane nearly killing the Dark Knight.

To expand the collection based on The Dark Knight Trilogy movie, Hot Toys is excited to present one of the all-time favorite characters - Catwoman as 1/6th scale collectible figure.

Beautifully crafted based on the screen appearance of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman/ Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Trilogy, the figure features a newly painted head sculpt with long straight real fabric hair implantation, intricately designed one-piece suit in black and high heel boots, a pair of goggles, highly-detailed weapon and accessories including a pistol, a damaged batman cowl, goggles and matching hands for poses. In addition, the figure comes with a city sewer diorama figure inspired by the scene when Catwoman leads Batman into Bane?s trap.

This incredible Catwoman figure is an absolute must-have for Batman fans!

The 1/6th scale Catwoman Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman/ Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Trilogy movie
- Newly painted head sculpt with movie-accurate facial expression and make-up
- Dark brown colored long straight real fabric hair implantation
- Newly designed specialized body with over 28 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of newly developed interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for riding 1/6th scale Bat-pod collectible (MMS591)
- One (1) right hand for holding pistol
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) set of one-piece patterned jumpsuit in black color with utility belt
- One (1) pair of black high-heel boots

Weapon:
- One (1) pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) damaged batman cowl
- One (1) pair of night-view goggles (with articulated function)
- A specially designed city sewer diorama figure stand with character backdrop

Release date: Approximately Q1 ? Q2, 2023
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 06:03 AM   #2
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)
Old 12-08-2021, 06:04 AM   #3
ukshaun
Hercules

Old 12-08-2021, 06:12 AM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

Old 12-08-2021, 06:14 AM   #5
ukshaun
Hercules

I own the original by Hot Toys figure, which looks fine if lacking slightly in the Hathaway likeness department.
I had always wondered if Hot Toys would re_release the piece with improved portrait, as over the years, Hot Toys have been
known to up their game over and over.

If i am honest, i thought Hot Toys would have done better with the re_release, as i am not sensing much
change/improvement, Hathaway likeness.

The new base looks good. The re_release does allow for those that missed out the first time around to pick this up. Some collectors
complained that her outfit disintegrated over time, and the ankle joints became super loose.

Anne Hathaway 1/6 scale repaint by 357partment
I am not sure if the sculpt is that of the original Hot Toys figure.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:54 PM   #6
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Interestingly, it doesn't look like the mask / goggles come off of the new one. The overview graphic doesn't have an unmasked head. I suppose it's to avoid goggle breakages, and maybe paint transfer? I seem to recall both being a problem originally.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 06:03 PM   #7
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

I own the original by Hot Toys figure, which looks fine if lacking slightly in the Hathaway likeness department.
I had always wondered if Hot Toys would re_release the piece with improved portrait, as over the years, Hot Toys have been
known to up their game over and over.

If i am honest, i thought Hot Toys would have done better with the re_release, as i am not sensing much
change/improvement, Hathaway likeness.

The new base looks good. The re_release does allow for those that missed out the first time around to pick this up. Some collectors
complained that her outfit disintegrated over time, and the ankle joints became super loose.

Anne Hathaway 1/6 scale repaint by 357partment
I am not sure if the sculpt is that of the original Hot Toys figure.
looks really good
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:31 PM   #8
Y3E
Gen 13

I have the original too and thought the likeness of the portrait was meh as well. The repaint by 357partment is a big improvement.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:25 AM   #9
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Re-release with a face repaint with modern application processes and a diorama base. Also a broken Bats mask. Hopefully the body has some improvements.

My original still holding up well. It’s a shame that Hot Toys didn’t redo the portrait.

I wonder if the flaking was a manufacturing problems or environmental. After the dome rubber cracked on my ED-209, i have been using Mothers VLR to protect the rubber and pleather parts of my statues and 1/6 scale figures. I need to find some time to engineer a replacement dome for my ED-209
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:32 AM   #10
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Re-release with a face repaint with modern application processes and a diorama base. Also a broken Bats mask. Hopefully the body has some improvements.

My original still holding up well. It?s a shame that Hot Toys didn?t redo the portrait.

I wonder if the flaking was a manufacturing problems or environmental. After the dome rubber cracked on my ED-209, i have been using Mothers VLR to protect the rubber and pleather parta of my statues and 1/6 scale figures. I need to find some time to engineer a replacement dome for my ED-209

I wouldn't mind a replacement too. I caught mine early and drenched it with Aerospace 303, that stopped it, but some small areas still ended up with fine cracks. And this was the second version with the same problem as the first. They never bothered to fix it. Just cast it in plastic for crying out loud.
My Catwoman seems ok so far but I'm not fussing with it.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote