Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-05-2018, 06:23 PM   #61
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Is Flash worth picking up?
I really like Flash, he's one of only a couple pieces I have from this line. His face is a bit too tan though, but I love the pose, so overall a nice piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00106-1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	114289  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:04 PM   #62
Gothamite
Phoenix

Be on the lookout for arms that aren't glued flush.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #63
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I really like Flash, he's one of only a couple pieces I have from this line. His face is a bit too tan though, but I love the pose, so overall a nice piece.
Yea I dig the pose too. He’s just not really high on my priority list. Still high up on the maybe list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Be on the lookout for arms that aren't glued flush.

Yeesh thanks for the heads up.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:34 PM   #64
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Some Best Buy stores have the Wonder Woman and Superman statues on clearance for $60 each. The Artgerm Harley Quinn is $60 as well.

Wonder Woman: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dc-comi...?skuId=5713170

Superman: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dc-coll...?skuId=5641611

Artgerm Harley Quinn: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dc-coll...?skuId=5641607

Spoiler

Superman sold out sometime yesterday, so only Artgerm Harley Quinn is available now.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:31 PM   #65
Gothamite
Phoenix

Old 07-05-2018, 05:13 PM   #66
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Nice additions! (I assume).
I swear we seem to be moving in the same circles lately. Last week I got what may be my final Icons piece...Aquaman. I foolishly passed on him when he came out (first one, IIRC) and didn't start the line until Supes came out even though I wasn't a fan of the fabric cape nor particularly crazy about the New 52 versions. I skipped Bats and missed Flash but was pretty steady after that. I've pretty much eschewed the villains except Harley. I backfilled on Bats and Flash eventually but Orrin shot up in price and became a pain to find. I finally bit the bullet and got him at an acceptable price. I'm going to pass on Deadshot and Deathstroke but may get Luthor since he was technically a League member after the Forever Evil storyline. Yeah, I know he was going pretty cheap just recently, but I'm still wavering a bit (space is becoming a serious issue).
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #67
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Nice additions! (I assume).
I swear we seem to be moving in the same circles lately. Last week I got what may be my final Icons piece...Aquaman. I foolishly passed on him when he came out (first one, IIRC) and didn't start the line until Supes came out even though I wasn't a fan of the fabric cape nor particularly crazy about the New 52 versions. I skipped Bats and missed Flash but was pretty steady after that. I've pretty much eschewed the villains except Harley. I backfilled on Bats and Flash eventually but Orrin shot up in price and became a pain to find. I finally bit the bullet and got him at an acceptable price. I'm going to pass on Deadshot and Deathstroke but may get Luthor since he was technically a League member after the Forever Evil storyline. Yeah, I know he was going pretty cheap just recently, but I'm still wavering a bit (space is becoming a serious issue).
You should get these, heroes or villains, while they're less than MSRP at BBTS and Amazon. It doesn't look like DC will be making male statues in the 1/8- or 1/7-scales again any time soon.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search...c+icons+statue

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...c+icons+statue

I consider the Icons Wonder Woman to be an "evil" version of her, or maybe Artemis in disguise, since her facial expression looks evil compared to the other Wonder Woman statues that I have.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:36 PM   #68
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Smile

Quote:
You should get these, heroes or villains, while they're less than MSRP at BBTS and Amazon. I consider the Icons Wonder Woman to be an "evil" version of her, or maybe Artemis in disguise, since her facial expression looks evil compared to the other Wonder Woman statues that I have.

Appreciate the heads up on the bargains. I actually have WW, Firestorm, Arrow and SHAZAM as well, everything except the four villains (don't like the Joker at all). (Space remains the sticking point as far as future acquisitions go). I confess it's hard to turn my back on them at those prices but I have to stay strong.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #69
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post

Appreciate the heads up on the bargains. I actually have WW, Firestorm, Arrow and SHAZAM as well, everything except the four villains (don't like the Joker at all). (Space remains the sticking point as far as future acquisitions go). I confess it's hard to turn my back on them at those prices but I have to stay strong.
Well, at least get Joker and Lex since they're Batman and Superman's primary villains.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:22 AM   #70
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Well, at least get Joker and Lex since they're Batman and Superman's primary villains.
The Joker will have to defer to Lex to do his dirty work. I opted to get Luthor and perhaps Deathstroke is on the bubble now. Merci'.