Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-07-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Immortal Hulk #1

Anyone else pick this up? Reviews are strong but I’m not impressed. The feel of this reminds me too much of Bruce Jones’ solid Hulk run back in the 90s titled Return of the Monster. This one just feels like a retread of Jones’ run with some obvious details that are different. And the female reporter, Jackie McGee, a throwback to Jack McGee from the ‘70s TV show.

I don’t know. Just doesn’t feel very original to me.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #2
protector2814
Phoenix

I have it but still have yet to crack it. Am planning on a Father's Day in the hammock reading comics day. Could it now be that writers like Al Ewing (age 40) & other writers of the new generation, simply have not been exposed to a lot of "what's come before" in a character's history? Maybe it's not so much of a rehash than it is an "I had no idea he ever did this" kind of thing. One would think that as a writer of a particular character of importance in the comic-field, one would know the complete character's history. I know I would, or at the very least bone up on as much past history as I could find. I just assumed that a writer in comics would know. Maybe not anymore.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #3
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

It was OK but not really a lot of story yet so too early to call for me. I did feel that the reporter connecting the John Doe to the morgue as being Banner and Hulk was a bit thin and rushed. Why not play that out a bit? I will keep reading with optimism.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote