Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #41
Gothamite
Phoenix

I think the Galatea costume from JLU was a good idea in terms of updating the cleavage window. They kept it, but it was a much smaller circle and thus drew less attn to itself.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #42
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's a tricky proposition because you also want to attract new younger customers and they don't necessarily want their hero's to look like something from the 50's....

For example I hate they gave Superman his underwear back, he looks so out of place with the other hero's who have modern costumes... Sure your appeasing the 50 year old plus group but your not going to draw in the teenage market with old costumes.. They might be classics but they also look a bit cheesy in 2018...

I think DC made the right move to redo the costumes with the New 52 they just missed the mark on some of the costume changes...

As for Power Girl, I think the full outfit would of been fine if they kept the boob window, I think fans were mostly upset they covered up her cleavage..
I thought the New 52 PG costume was poor from every aspect. It was asymmetrical and lacked elements to break up the form which was really noticeable with all the white. Her classic costume is a great example of balancing color and form. They acknowledged this by shifting back after a year.

I don't mind them experimenting at times, but along the way have been lot of mis steps in character designs. What if DC had just stuck with electric Superman? On the other hand I am someone who loves the skirt element added to Wonder Woman.

I'm not sure how you're going to win over younger people to comics, but I'm not convinced costumes are the issue. In the meantime, adult such as me with disposable income, can be a valuable fan to keep happy for a while.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #43
Augen
The Hulk

New Batgirl costume, and I like it. Good balance, use of colors, and my preference for more open head to show off hair.

I'm not opposed to new, sometimes I like them, sometimes I don't.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:02 PM   #44
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have to say that I do like the new Batgirl costume alot. It is definitely a very nice update on a classic design. The mask and bat-ears sticking through the hair will have to grow on me but that is a minor quibble. (I almost wish that they would have mad he eyes white instead of showing them)
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:57 PM   #45
Gothamite
Phoenix

Like everything except for the exposed hair and heel spurs. As Batman warned Batwoman (before he knew her hair was a wig), one pull on long hair, and you've lost the fight.

Plus this is Barbara Gordon, not Charlotte Gage-Radcliffe (aka Misfit).

Old 06-18-2018, 05:06 PM   #46
Superman_Rules
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I don't really keep up with newer comics. Did they actually give Supergirl that terrible costume from the first post?
Superman_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #47
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_Rules View Post
I don't really keep up with newer comics. Did they actually give Supergirl that terrible costume from the first post?
Starting this fall, yes.

They really should've just kept the Rebirth costume.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:21 PM   #48
Superman_Rules
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Starting this fall, yes.

They really should've just kept the Rebirth costume.
That's a bummer.
Superman_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:41 PM   #49
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

looking at that costume again, if you get rid of the hood and how the cape wraps around her front and between her legs, it would not be that bad (still not the greatest though).
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:22 PM   #50
Gothamite
Phoenix

Supergirl 23 Cover (October)