Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 07-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #11
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
A review of Wednesday Comics #1 at Comic Book Resources that completely misses the point:
Imagine you're on a date with someone. They're cute, they're smiling at you, and you sit down to order some food. Right before the waiter comes in, they stand up and say, "Well, see you next week!" That's what every individual segment of "Wednesday Comics" #1 was like, at the appalling price of $3.99.

I guess this pinhead has never read Prince Valiant or The Phantom. It's called a cliffhanger.

The immediate gratification generation...jeeesh.

I loved the cliffhanger aspect to this comic.
Wednesday Comics was a real event comic for me. Kind of like other great books of the past that sort of came out of nowhere, were immediately recognizable as special, and grabbed you. Loved every page of it...well the Wonder Woman strip could have been better.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #12
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
The immediate gratification generation...jeeesh.

I loved the cliffhanger aspect to this comic.
Wednesday Comics was a real event comic for me. Kind of like other great books of the past that sort of came out of nowhere, were immediately recognizable as special, and grabbed you. Loved every page of it...well the Wonder Woman strip could have been better.
I think most people had problems with the Wonder Woman one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
A review of Wednesday Comics #1 at Comic Book Resources that completely misses the point:

Imagine you're on a date with someone. They're cute, they're smiling at you, and you sit down to order some food. Right before the waiter comes in, they stand up and say, "Well, see you next week!" That's what every individual segment of "Wednesday Comics" #1 was like, at the appalling price of $3.99.

I guess this pinhead has never read Prince Valiant or The Phantom. It's called a cliffhanger.
Jeez, everyone has a right to their opinion, but this guy just doesn't get the point. And comparing a comic to a date???? Really???
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote