Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #1
nearmint
Phoenix

Prime 1 Studio Grim Knight 1/3 Scale

I posted a video about this on my channel last night. This has not been officially revealed by P1 yet, but some hints were dropped on Facebook, and after a bit of digging, I received confirmation.

The proto has been printed, painted, and is ready to be revealed to the world. The hold-up? DC hasn’t approved it yet.

Part of me wonders if the increase in mass shootings and talk of gun control legislation has them wondering if this is the wrong time for perhaps their biggest profile character to be shown as a gun-toting killer of criminals. But heck, they publish the comics, right?

Let’s hope we get a reveal soon.

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

Ok.....I’m going to be cool about this. Even though this is pretty much a combo of two of my three favorite characters and has the potential to be THE statue of statues.....I’m going to be cool.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #3
SONICobra
Batman

Pretty much where im at, im already imagining how im going to fit him in
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #4
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

That's 1 Batman I definitely wouldn't buy and while I was going to say I'm a little surprised at how "all in" they are on these off shoot Batman's, I guess I shouldn't be. It's Prime 1 lol. They do love them some Batman.

That Red Death has me a bit interested though. I guess I can just have all of my "characters" through Batman variations lol. I'm interested in a Joker.....just get a Joker Dragon. I'm interested in a Flash.....just get him and Batman merged together. What a world.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:39 PM   #5
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I posted a video about this on my channel last night. This has not been officially revealed by P1 yet, but some hints were dropped on Facebook, and after a bit of digging, I received confirmation.

The proto has been printed, painted, and is ready to be revealed to the world. The hold-up? DC hasn’t approved it yet.

Part of me wonders if the increase in mass shootings and talk of gun control legislation has them wondering if this is the wrong time for perhaps their biggest profile character to be shown as a gun-toting killer of criminals. But heck, they publish the comics, right?

Let’s hope we get a reveal soon.
Honestly I don’t see why that would really make a difference. Maybe it was Disney. But from the news, it’s something that unfortunately occurs fairly often, and nothing in the discussion seems to ever change as it’s always the same old sound bites on both sides of the debate, that it never progresses.

It’s funny, I always hear US government politicians both pointing to how our Australia gun laws both work and don’t work dependant on which party they’re from. Though I doubt our laws would ever pass in the US, as it’s a totally different ‘gun’ culture, especially now with an entire generation or two barely being exposed to guns except via various forms of media.

But as long as this statue looks great, it’ll get released eventually.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #6
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
That's 1 Batman I definitely wouldn't buy and while I was going to say I'm a little surprised at how "all in" they are on these off shoot Batman's, I guess I shouldn't be.
Well as H said this is basically a combination of two of my favorite characters but mainly i think the concept of alternate universes and what would happen to someone if "this happened instead of that" fascinating. Thats pretty much what my 1/3 scale display turned into, the different batmans of the multiverse
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:51 PM   #7
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Well as H said this is basically a combination of two of my favorite characters but mainly i think the concept of alternate universes and what would happen to someone if "this happened instead of that" fascinating. Thats pretty much what my 1/3 scale display turned into, the different batmans of the multiverse
Yeah I think this particular story is quite interesting, because it only resulted from one small change, that lead to a domino effect on Bruce’s life.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:38 PM   #8
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
That's 1 Batman I definitely wouldn't buy and while I was going to say I'm a little surprised at how "all in" they are on these off shoot Batman's, I guess I shouldn't be. It's Prime 1 lol. They do love them some Batman.
makes me really sad they aren't able to give Spiderman this kind of attention. I know they would if they could.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:24 PM   #9
Mister H
Green Goblin

I’m all for other characters getting made, truth is though, Batman sells. There’s a reason for that. They did make Swamp-Thing and Deadman though and now they’re doing Deadshot and Katana, all characters that I don’t hear many fellas asking for. So there’s hope for Spidey and Flash fans.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:57 PM   #10
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
They did make Swamp-Thing and Deadman though
That Deadman deserves more love than it gets. Really nice piece.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote