Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 01-19-2021, 09:19 AM   #581
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Oh wow. My hand actually fell off twice cause the magnet was weak.
The magnets seem ok on my Wonder Woman. Not super strong, strong enough.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:47 AM   #582
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Oh wow. My hand actually fell off twice cause the magnet was weak.
Sideshow cannot help out with a replacement hand. The reason being, they can only send out replacement parts for defective parts to the original supplier. The seller i purchased my Wonder Woman PF from purchased the piece from a shop located in Spain. I got in touch with the shop in Spain, and they basically were not interested in helping, neither would they supply a name for their supplier.

I did also suggested to Sideshow that i am happy to pay for the replacement part. Again, Sideshow were not interested, as the parts are in short supply.

The fact remains, the part (left hand) is defective. Should the original suppler have contacted Sideshow, they would have been supplied with a replacement part.

I am not sure what direction to take next?

I could order a Wonder Woman PF from Sideshow, swap the hands over, and return the piece

Also, over the years i have purchased a number of products from Sideshow and have 5 items on pre_order. You would think the CS at Sideshow could be slightly more helpful.

Quote:

QC Issue(s):
Wonder Woman’s left hand features far more grain that it should. This points to laziness on the
part of the factory. It reminds me of the same issue my Sideshow Red Sonja has under her arm.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:51 AM   #583
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

The fact remains, the part (left hand) is defective. Should the original suppler have contacted Sideshow, they would have been supplied with a replacement part.

I am not sure what direction to take next?

I could order a Wonder Woman PF from Sideshow, swap the hands over, and return the piece

I would have totally done that lol. Can you take it back and just get a refund and order elsewhere?
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:36 AM   #584
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I would have totally done that lol. Can you take it back and just get a refund and order elsewhere?
It would cost too much to send it back.
I could contact Sideshow a second time in hope of getting a different CS person.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:26 AM   #585
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

Cheetah Premium Format™ Figure by Sideshow Collectibles arrived today all the way from
sunny Australia

I sat on the fence for ages when Cheetah went up for pre_order and it sold out. A while later
Cheetah appeared during a Sideshow Collectibles sale. I was slow to act. I spotted a good deal
on ebay for a new sealed Cheetah

The piece was sold as a Reg that also comes with an EX portrait. The bizarre thing is, the EX
portrait was sealed inside the main box. The Reg portrait came in a separate box. Makes no
sense, as there are no signs the polystyrene had been re_taped. Besides, the silver Sideshow
sticker was in tact.

On the subject of the piece, i it is what it is, a neat looking 1/4 PF. In person i like the EX portrait
far more than i thought i would. Both portraits feature good eyes

There is one small issue. Cheetah's front foot fails to full insert. I will give it a few days to see
if the problem sorts itself out. If it does not, it is not a major problem.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:43 AM   #586
Asgard
Deadman

Congrats

Cheetah's front foot/paw fails to full insert: Perhaps a little sanding works
Asgard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 02:25 PM   #587
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Congrats

Cheetah's front foot/paw fails to full insert: Perhaps a little sanding works
Possibly. The piece arrived very cold. Possibly once it warms up, the rear foot may flex slightly to allow the front foot pegs to be pushed in.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:12 AM   #588
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

Mystique EX Premium Format™ Figure by Sideshow Collectibles arrived this morning all the
way from sunny Australia

It has been a long time coming. Finally a 1/4 scale Mystique joins my collection.

Options seem limited. I was not sold on the recent 2018 Sideshow Mystique, and while the
recent XM Studio's Mystique looks amazing, it's oversized 1/4 made the piece a non option.

This Mystique, from 2008 or 2009 has always had something going for it. The portrait looks
great. I like the pose. I love the dark shade of blue Sideshow went with. It makes the yellow
eyes and red lips pop. The smooth finish of the hair and skin is testament to possibly an era
when factories were less under pressure. The black mixed media works well enough, and looks
like new. The black & white chequerboard base, while hyper basic, works well.

Negatives: None other than possibly the gun. The design is fine. The silver paint finish could be
of a higher standard.

Mystique represents the first Sideshow piece, in my collection atleast, to come 100% assembled,
other than having to pop it onto the base. It takes me back opening up a Gentle Giant 1/4 piece,
which ship fully assembled.

As far as i know, Mystique was sculpted by Pablo Viggiano who tends to use clay.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:45 AM   #589
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Very nice addition! Always liked that one!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:00 AM   #590
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Very nice addition! Always liked that one!
Thanks. It's been on my wants list forever.