Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 12-16-2018, 01:07 PM   #811
MegatronG1
The X-Men

MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #812
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
What Number did you send back? I think they might have sent me your return. How long ago did you exchange it?

They are saying they are out of replacements and they are not always truthful with their replacement/exchanges. They are the worst at it. Actually caught them lying on several occasions!

They are sending you a Full Replacement? They told me they have no more replacements and Im sure if it were PCS they would even go the extra measures to send an AP if they have to if there were no more regular replacements and they have done that in the past, but now with Sideshow if one guy there thinks the flaws are not big enough to them when they really are they will lie and say they have no more replacements or a replacement that is good enough..

Thats the Problem now going through Sideshow for replacements is worse! I WAITED 2 years for Kitana to compliment all 3 Ninjas as well as GORO coming and my MILEENA they still have not Shipped. SIDESHOW HAS THE NERVE to say we have no more replacements and are sorry heres $50 credit for many issues!!!

How about sending an AP to satisfy the customer when we all know PCS just be popping up with more AP’s out of nowhere or how about sending an exchange because its nonsense my issues cant be resolved other then $50 credit which I DO NOT want after waiting 2 years for the product.

I want the complete 1/3 line and Sideshow tells me I have to now either keep a manufactured defective product, return or credit. Oh is that what makes my piece unique Sideshow, a bunch of careless mistakes and cut corners done by the factories you use to now say oops we are sorry either keep the item with many defect or send it back. It just came out and they cant send me a good one.

I also was lucky to order Mileena with one of the fastest times to score an AP which I didnt receive yet and am waiting for it which it better be the AP. I have a feeling the warehouse is gonna mess it up and not send the AP. At the moment its still not shipped and I paid final payment last week.

Funny how Sideshow will always defend the factories when they really should be speaking up and demanding better business about truly improving QC for the customers!!!

The statue just came out and they are saying they cant exchange when multiple flaws are very noticeable.. PCS would have exchanged it much easier and better then Sideshow does. I really wish PCS stepped up their own customer service and never let Sideshow take over because now I am screwed for an exchange when I patiently waited 2 years and been loyal buying all there 1/3’s as well as other series from them.

I also got the Legacy Chunners pack coming as well as I waited 3 years for Darkness which is Amazing. I have been loyal to PCS for many years and once there issues went to Sideshow I am now being screwed with an exchange for a good non defective Kitana..
Yep. Replacement booked. Got a prepaid UPS label...kitana dropped off. No biggie if they send another defective Kitana. Will just return it for a refund since i got a flawless Mileena or will keep it for a discounted price and will just customize it in the future.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:26 AM   #813
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Yep. Replacement booked. Got a prepaid UPS label...kitana dropped off. No biggie if they send another defective Kitana. Will just return it for a refund since i got a flawless Mileena or will keep it for a discounted price and will just customize it in the future.
Nice, congrats on getting another one and I hope its better. What was wrong with yours?
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #814
apellica
The Herculoids

Quote:
Nice, congrats on getting another one and I hope its better. What was wrong with yours?
I don't recall the number of my statue. However, I posted pictures of her flaws on page 80 of this thread. So you can see if it's the same flaws I mentioned there.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:02 PM   #815
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Paint scratches
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #816
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Paint scratches
Thanks.. That’s what mine has as well. Factories are so careless always banging up and scratching the paint. I just wonder how they are storing these things, horrible! These factories are horrible at QC And nothing is improving when it comes to QC. Every piece comes with issues these days it’s freaking ridiculous.

I’m at the end of collecting statues because QC is just getting worse. I will just stick to Swarovski Crystal because every single Swarovski Crystal piece is literally flawless and that’s how a piece should be QC,d! The only statues I may consider buying now is just First 4 Figures and then on the non statue side I will stick to hot toys since 99% of their figures come flawless.

I find it weird that Hot Toys can literally paint the portraits with next to no mistakes at all on mass produced figures and a factory that has only a production run of 300 makes several errors doesn’t fix those areas when they are made; they just leave the mistake and companies like Sideshow call that unique.

Even if these things are hand-painted mistakes can be fixed with a bit of touch up paint rather than just leaving the mistake there is not unique, is lazy and careless. Hot Toys have a way larger production then 300 with a higher standard for QC, but meanwhile these 300 Kitana’s have major paint flaws will have issues on the face and I find that just unacceptable. Gluing issues/gaps/excess glue, some pieces not fully sliding into the base, magnet allignemet is off leaving gaps, hovering feet, additional parts not fitting flush, etc....

I’m also tired on larger pieces knowing exactly where the pieces were glued together because the factories are horrible and sloppy at gluing. Pieces have constant gaps not glued together properly or you just see the glue in plain sight with no paint over it. My older pieces were never like this and the more companies that use these factories the worse the QC will only get.

Out of only 300 statues in this production run let’s keep in mind basically took two years which is an extremely long time to only produce 300 statues of a simple human like character. There should never be this many statues with issues when collectors are spending big money to fund Ferraris for people like Jerry.

With that amount of time all 300 should be perfect and if slips of the hand or mistakes are made the factory can easily do touch up paint to fix it before it ships and even if they didn’t match up the paint exactly the same I’d rather have that then some huge black glob where there’s no black paint supposed to be at all on the white base. Also, if it’s not glued together properly and a huge gap is left then, clearly that piece should not pass inspection. More care needs to go into the gluing and make sure the pieces fit together flush.

I personally already know about 10 different Kitanas with issues that are unacceptable to the collector and I’m sure there are many more out there but some collectors will just deal with the issues or possibly return it. Many collectors these days have become artist themselves and actually have to customize/fix the statues since the factories can’t get their QC correct.

It’s sad that collectors actually have to use their art skills to try to fix the horrible factory mistakes and if these companies want to keep using excuses why the mistakes are there or they can’t help you then guess what my money will be going elsewhere.

If these factories had standards like First 4 Figures with doing drop test as well as they check every single piece during the production with good QC standards there would be way less issues with careless mistakes that are just Left on the piece and not fixed.

All 300 should be inspected throughly at the factory during production, but obviously it’s not with all the careless mistakes on these pieces and even Sideshow says it’s impossible to check every piece which is untrue since First 4 Figures Can do it; it is possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
I don't recall the number of my statue. However, I posted pictures of her flaws on page 80 of this thread. So you can see if it's the same flaws I mentioned there.
Ok, Thanks! I appreciate the info. Are they sending you a full replacement for the chipped base and pink dots on the leg?
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:14 AM   #817
apellica
The Herculoids

Quote:
Ok, Thanks! I appreciate the info. Are they sending you a full replacement for the chipped base and pink dots on the leg?
Yes, I already received my replacement and I'm very happy with it now.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:43 AM   #818
Asgard
Deadman

Is my first repaint and I watched a lot of Darren Carnall videos for it.

Darren Carnall, Thank you very much for the videos

I still have a lot to learn, but I'm happy with the result for now.
The head looks more lively and the color now also matches the body. The original head is more yellow than the body.

New.

Asgard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:11 PM   #819
qz33
Doctor Doom

What a great job! Especially for a 1st time.
Maybe you've been on the wrong side of the hobby
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:26 PM   #820
Asgard
Deadman

Thank you for the kind words
Asgard is online now   Reply With Quote