Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #11
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
REGULAR, the bloody version looks like some Frost Giant used a skull farmer for a tampon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
WTF
good one
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #12
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I think it would have worked much better with the blood on the sword, and then very minor drops here and there under the sword running down on a FEW skulls.
Yes, when you go for the regular one, you can add as much blood to it as you want/like..
Many brands have "Blood paints", thick blood or even cleartype blood etc, I'm no painter but blood is doable
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #13
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

blood all the way! barbarian and bloody go hand in hand, it's messy and looks great.

The plain version is a bit dull especially since he has the sword out indicating a battle..

Overall I really like this statue it has an epic pose holding a bag of skulls with a pissed off face, got a nice Japanese anime feel to it. Best barbarian/conan statue yet after conan prize
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #14
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Sorry to say this, but neither. I am just not a fan of this piece at all. I am not trying to be mean, only honest. May give a more detailed crit later. Just too lazy right now.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Just looks like a generic wannabe Conan. The portrait doesn't look right to me (looks like a weird version of Jason Momoa) . The paint up isn't that great either. The blood version is worse.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #16
Weapon XXX
Frackin!

A Barbarian that looked more like the Diablo III version would have been sooooo much cooler. This one just looks too boring. Even a more stylized sword would have looked better and made it an instant buy. Hell even a huge honking axe!!!!

Last edited by Weapon XXX; 06-02-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: added more
Weapon XXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #17
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Should be leaner, with more clothing, unless you're going for the Conan-Fantasy angle. A real barbarian would probably be a slight Eastern European or Central Asian, with cool looking scale or mail armor, fur, bow, etc. In other words, more like your Genghis Khan statue, less heavy metal album cover.

Looks cool though. I'll pass, but if you make a realistic looking Frank or Visigoth or maybe even Tamerlane, I'm in!
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #18
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Blood version!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #19
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

wow you guys are pretty harsh on arh, considering some of the crap paint & lazy eye sideshow has been churning out lately... I actually like arh, their paint quality has always been good and i am very picky. Got the leonidas, athena, and thor, all look very good (despite the piss poor packaging).

And i dont see the sculpt as been simple, they are going for the conan look not the diablo barbarian with all the fancy armor. As i said the sculpt is a bit more japanese anime feel than the traditional american fantasy. Guess that's what is throwing off some of you, but i love it. Will look great next to my bloodbath leonidas & diablo barbarian.

to each his own..
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #20
johnclone
The Enchantress

I think we're pretty hard on everything and everyone, Sideshow of course included, just look at the Rogue thread if you don't think so. I think there are at least 50 pages of complaints about her eyes and butt. Which is good for the consumer, when everyone here is all excited about a piece, you know it is probably a really good piece.

Of course to each his own, and nobody here should feel obligated to buy or not to buy something just because the majority of posts about it are favorable or unfavorable. For the most part, if I really like something nobody is going to persuade me not to buy it if I have already decided to. But i do think it is interesting to know what people think about stuff. Just don't take anything personally. If someone doesn't like what you do, it's not a personal attack on you or your tastes.

But one more thing, I think there is a certain "collector wisdom" found on Statueforum, and someone can really learn a lot from people here about what makes a piece favorable in the eyes of the majority of collectors here, and what is considered a "fail" and makes a lot of collectors here pass on it. We may not agree but it is worth listening to the "forum" I think, and getting opinions of people here.

There are so many new pieces coming out all year long, and Statueforum imo, is the closest thing to a Consumer's Reports magazine about statues and collectibles.

peace out
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote