Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-29-2020, 06:58 PM   #161
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Most companies will make some money on shipping, it's business after all. Every step in the process from pre order till you finally receive the statue, is designed to make the company money.
That’s for sure, but my point is, that it’s not Prime1‘s decision to raise the shipping costs. It’s the warehouses who charge Prime1 higher for their destribution service due to longer storages (because of covid) in their warehouses, etc and Prime1 just gives those costs to their customers.
As an accountant I can assure, you would get a whole lot of problems with the feds for tax evasion, if you raised shipping costs for a higher margin.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:07 AM   #162
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

i ordered the white version, for me they sent me a email i think last month saying the item is delayed until next year. hopefully they don't charge me too much shipping.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:35 AM   #163
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
As an accountant I can assure, you would get a whole lot of problems with the feds for tax evasion, if you raised shipping costs for a higher margin.
Tax is due on the income. As long as the correct tax is deducted from the EBIT - the "Feds" don't care how the income is generated.

If there was any investigation into the specific price setting (which is highly unlikely) the company can fall back to a two part explanation, which is on top of the base shipping costs from direct logistics, that is - a) Handling fees in the Prime1 warehouse, and - b) applied margin gain on said handling fee.

There are no government caps on either of those points. It's up to the company to manage its charges to stay competitive with its competition.

Capitalism 101.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:21 AM   #164
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

I don't want to turn this cute Anime statue Thread into accounting 101, so I just leave it by saying shipping lowers your taxes on profits, which is why you see the shipping costs separate on a bill and charging you, the costumer higher for a larger margin, than what FedEx charges the company, would definetely lead to tax fraud.
It doesn't require Batman to compare 2 sheets.

You can hit me up on DM if you are that interested.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:32 AM   #165
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I don't want to turn this cute Anime statue Thread into accounting 101, so I just leave it by saying shipping lowers your taxes on profits, which is why you see the shipping costs separate on a bill and charging you, the costumer higher for a larger margin, than what FedEx charges the company, would definetely lead to tax fraud.

There is another way of looking at it.

Prime 1 ships the product..
Prime 1 makes profit on it's product.
Shipping company makes its profit.
UK customer pays 20% on the value of the item.

Sideshow Collectibles ships the (Prime 1) product..
Prime 1 makes profit on it's product, but has to hand over some profit to Sideshow.
Shipping company makes its profit, but not as much as they would have shipping direct form Prime 1
UK customer pays 20% on the value of the item.
UK customer saves on shipping costs.

Who becomes the real loser? Prime 1 for starters, followed by the shipping company.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:57 AM   #166
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:

On the point of "shipping lowers you taxes on profits" - I will bow to your expertise on this, BUT I would say, that makes sense - because it's an expenditure. However, to the consumer, the itemized bill does not break down the shipping costs. As a customer, you are not paying to Prime 1 the actual shipping costs - you're paying for the box, the packaging prior to FedEx pick up, the storage of the piece prior to pick up by FedEx and probably the "manpower/time" to relocate from storage to FedEx van.....then finally somewhere in all this is the cost for FedEx charges.

This is what I mean with "handling charges" and every stage can (and does) include the company % margin.

I'm not challenging you on tax calculation. My point is that Prime 1 (and anyone else) looks for obvious and discreet ways to make "more" money - and shipping is one avenue.

By the way, what are we even debating here. I would imagine that any margin derived from the the overall shipping process is in fractions of a % - with most of the big margins being achieved through material and labour, as well as I.P. usage
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:52 PM   #167
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Fair enough, but if their business practices helps them to keep making awesome high quality statues, I'm willing to swallow the prices from time to time.
There are other companies with lower prices to switch to, but they are also no match for prime1 in terms of quality. Having the options is a nice thing.

Also I still hope they make this statue with clothes on lol
Old 11-30-2020, 02:28 PM   #168
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Rather curious that SS have Reika up for PO but not Anzu.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #169
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Rather curious that SS have Reika up for PO but not Anzu.
Also, they have Reika black for sale but not Reika white?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 02:27 AM   #170
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Shipping cost from Asia have increased as certain shipping methods are no longer available. Air Mail was cancelled (not certain if its still is cancelled) as the passenger flights that Air Mail flies on is drastically reduced. I recently ordered from HobbySearch in Japan and the lower cost EMS wasn’t available so I had to pay the more expensive DHL.

Adding follow up. Looks like HK air mail is available again.
https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/about...x_id_1007.html

I’ve been keeping an eye on the Sideshow new products hoping to see Anzu. I will on,y get her if I can her through Sideshow.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote