Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-23-2018, 10:16 AM   #91
ukshaun
Hercules

I don't see an issue with TBD
Only those bothered by making from flipping / selling for a profit are bothered, presumably.

There is nothing worse (there is actually ;D ) than having to hover around a website hoping to bag a limited edition pre_order, and suffering at the hands of a website that can't cope. I much prefer the idea of a pre_order being made available for 1 week, then closing orders, thus creating an edition size at the end of the week.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #92
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I don't see an issue with TBD
Only those bothered by making from flipping / selling for a profit are bothered, presumably.

There is nothing worse (there is actually ;D ) than having to hover around a website hoping to bag a limited edition pre_order, and suffering at the hands of a website that can't cope. I much prefer the idea of a pre_order being made available for 1 week, then closing orders, thus creating an edition size at the end of the week.
Some collectors like owning semi-rare statues, other collectors like collecting statues as if they were $600 Hasbro action figures that flood the market...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #93
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I much prefer the idea of a pre_order being made available for 1 week, then closing orders, thus creating an edition size at the end of the week.
I have been preaching for years it should be 8-12 hours and have a running count down clock. That way anyone globally has a chance and there won't be a flood crashing the sites.

After that times expired it's over and close and announce the edition size...

Done and done.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #94
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
It's not about flipping or not getting your money back.
It's about today's pricing and today's QC/Packaging with that pricing.
It's about TBD causing higher ES- I don't know about some people, but I know I feel burned seeing a piece go on heavy discount plus free shipping less than a year later.
That piece looks great alright, because it's the prototype. Say what you want, but it is a pain in the arse having to spend that much, and then waste personal time with SS to get a replacement.
Uh...ok. All over the place. To left field we go!!

I've been extremely lucky with SS QC. Although I'm aware of the many horror stories. It's part of the hobby sadly. Even XM isn't perfect.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:32 PM   #95
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I have been preaching for years it should be 8-12 hours and have a running count down clock. That way anyone globally has a chance and there won't be a flood crashing the sites.

After that times expired it's over and close and announce the edition size...

Done and done.
XM is now going that route, but no word yet on how it's working out for them.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote