Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-03-2017, 10:10 PM   #241
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
You guys need to prove how bad you want the PF by buying this one.
Lol, ok moneybags. Sorry but I have like 10 other statues coming from PCS.

Can't take up New lines to prove that I'll spend more money on a larger version of the same character!

I'm hoping you were kidding
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:40 PM   #242
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Expected. We knew JC sculpted it and he sculpted almost every other 1:8.

For those clambering for a larger scale of this exact sculpt, it's not simple as printing it off at 1:4. It has been sculpted with 1:8 in mind. It would require re-detailing or risk looking overly simplistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Lol, ok moneybags. Sorry but I have like 10 other statues coming from PCS.

Can't take up New lines to prove that I'll spend more money on a larger version of the same character!

I'm hoping you were kidding
If Hugo sells considerably less than every other 1:8 Street Fighter statue, you're never going to see him in 1:4 scale.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:12 AM   #243
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm going to guess that there is a 1:8 Poison right behind him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post

If Hugo sells considerably less than every other 1:8 Street Fighter statue, you're never going to see him in 1:4 scale.
This is likely the reality.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:31 AM   #244
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
I'm going to guess that there is a 1:8 Poison right behind him.

This is likely the reality.
Then save the suspense. He's going to sell considerably less.

If he was popular in any way, shape or form, we wouldn't have to beg for him.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:42 AM   #245
qz33
Baron Zemo

I dunno Jopp I could be interested in a 1/8 Hugo... after the first 38 characters are released in the line.

Not offering this, Dee-Jay or Sakura in 1/4 is poor form to customers of the 1/4 line as they have all been requested since the line began.

If the 1/4 line can't sustain pieces like completing the last 3 of the New Challengers from Street Fighter's soul or releasing fitting companion pieces for characters already made then what further purpose can 1/4 serve? Is the future of the scale to be relegated to incompleteness and haphazard releases like Shadaloo Cammy?
Is it to be left to the secondary market as even the Mixed Media revisits have been all but officially cancelled?

Current customers aren't going to move to a different scale by sticks but with carrots. Offering highly regarded niche characters in a scale unused by PCS for the past 10 years isn't an incentive. I haven't bought any of the last 1/4 pieces because I doubt PCS's commitment to 1/4 lines. So far my decision to hold off on Poison for Hugo is looking like a good one.
Hugo isn't a line starter. He's a completing piece of the bigger 1/4 puzzle.

Even if it's just the same sculpt differing only in 1/8 and 1/4 details the majority of customers would likely find this a perfectly acceptable use of the same sculpt.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:09 AM   #246
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Can't PCS kickstart a 1:4 version of the same sculpt?
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:50 AM   #247
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Then save the suspense. He's going to sell considerably less.

If he was popular in any way, shape or form, we wouldn't have to beg for him.
Should have been in Street Fighter 2, he would have had the nostalgia factor that those characters have the privilege of.

Too late now.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:29 AM   #248
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I dunno Jopp I could be interested in a 1/8 Hugo... after the first 38 characters are released in the line.

Not offering this, Dee-Jay or Sakura in 1/4 is poor form to customers of the 1/4 line as they have all been requested since the line began.

If the 1/4 line can't sustain pieces like completing the last 3 of the New Challengers from Street Fighter's soul or releasing fitting companion pieces for characters already made then what further purpose can 1/4 serve? Is the future of the scale to be relegated to incompleteness and haphazard releases like Shadaloo Cammy?
Is it to be left to the secondary market as even the Mixed Media revisits have been all but officially cancelled?

Current customers aren't going to move to a different scale by sticks but with carrots. Offering highly regarded niche characters in a scale unused by PCS for the past 10 years isn't an incentive. I haven't bought any of the last 1/4 pieces because I doubt PCS's commitment to 1/4 lines. So far my decision to hold off on Poison for Hugo is looking like a good one.
Hugo isn't a line starter. He's a completing piece of the bigger 1/4 puzzle.

Even if it's just the same sculpt differing only in 1/8 and 1/4 details the majority of customers would likely find this a perfectly acceptable use of the same sculpt.
While I agree with nearly everything you said, I will say that I don't think it's poor form if the company thinks they'd lose money making those characters. I can't blame them for that. And I wouldn't advise them to make characters that won't turn a profit. That wouldn't be good for PCS or its customers (us).

What I do feel is somewhat poor form is the way this Hugo was more or less teased as a companion to their recently preordered Posion.

I'm paraphrasing here, I don't have the old newsletter. It was something to the effect of....

"Hot of the heels of our New Poison statue we have Hugo!" Bad paraphrase, but more or less it sounded like a companion piece.

Then I asked Jerry "how a 1/4 Hugo had suddenly became a possibility when it was previously said it couldn't be done".

To that he replied.

"I found a way to make it work".

Okay, so I was probably reading into that, that he'd found a way to make a 1/4 Hugo work. But I guess that just meant making it work in a different scale.

Idk, whatever. At least I have my Rambo and Chun Li.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:57 AM   #249
Ninjastar
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
Adamantium Plus Member

Reply I got on Facebook....1/4 is definitely not off the table. Based on the requests and 1/4 Poison, I still think and hope PCS will make it happen.
Ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #250
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Let's not get too excited yet. I'd hate for all of us to be disappointed to find out it's 1:8..
Psychic Mod.