A.I.M.

got Lurtz and Saruman shipping #s
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:27 PM   #122
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
You made a wise choice. The War Troll is cool but The MoS is a collection defining piece. Truly on another level and will be highly sought after once it sells out.
Agreed, MoS is a masterpiece. I know some people are having issues the the horse fitting flush on the base and there is a problem with his crown/ helm in which the spikes on one side are pointed and they’re rounded on the other (almost looks like the spikes have melted) so people will have to watch for that. But Weta seem to be on top of that for those who require replacements.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:29 PM   #123
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Agreed, MoS in a masterpiece. I know some people are having issues the the horse fitting flush on the base and there is a problem with his crown/ helm in which the spikes on one side are pointed and they’re rounded on the other (almost looks like the spikes have melted) so people will have to watch for that. But Weta seem to be on top of that for those who require replacements.
i've got both those issues but i think the spikes rounded is normal on all, im not sure if ive seen someone who's got pointy spikes on both ends.
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:23 PM   #124
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxter View Post
i've got both those issues but i think the spikes rounded is normal on all, im not sure if ive seen someone who's got pointy spikes on both ends.
The spikes on both sides of the MoS’s helm on mine are pointed. It was the first thing I checked for when pictures started showing up of the defect.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:18 PM   #125
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Mine are pointed as well though they don't look exactly the same. Difference is so minimal it's of no concern to me if it is in fact a slight defect. Would've never noticed it had it not been pointed out.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #126
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Mine are pointed as well though they don't look exactly the same. Difference is so minimal it's of no concern to me if it is in fact a slight defect. Would've never noticed it had it not been pointed out.
Yours sounds exactly like mine. And I agree, if it hadn’t been pointed out, I doubt I would have noticed either.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:02 PM   #127
travis
A.I.M.

ordered Isildur...next on my list War Troll, Dol Guldur Orc Soldier and Dol Guldur Orc Torturer....Those are my top 3 wants left and also think of as possible sell outs soon....already ordered Thranduil on Elk, Grond, Mouth of Sauron, Isildur, and Fell Beast Bust....I do still want Boromir and Ringwraith of Forod, but I for some reason don't think of them as quick sell outs...yet
Old 11-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #128
travis
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Very true. The sycophants on the Weta forum don’t seem to have a problem with subpar paint apps as long as those subpar paint apps are from Weta. Then again, if Weta were handing out sh!t sandwiches, most of those Weta worshippers would not only say “thank you”, they’d ask for seconds. Sorry, but your “but the people on the other forum like it” argument is on par with what I’d expect for an 8 year old. The Weta owned and operated forum is that last place I’d go to get an honest opinion on Weta products so you’re going to have to come up with something a lot better than that. As for you willing to “settle” for a statue with lousy paint apps......good for you, it’s your money. But don’t think you’re going to tell me what I should or shouldn’t like. That kind of mindless group think might work over there, but it’s not going to work on this forum.
I will also agree with this only up to a point...Especially one guy in particular over there in FOUF ...no matter how many pictures he takes
Old 11-30-2017, 04:28 PM   #129
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I will also agree with this only up to a point...Especially one guy in particular over there in FOUF ...no matter how many pictures he takes
OK, I may have exaggerated slightly , but my point being, anywhere you have a large gathering of like-minded fanboys of a particular company the first casualty is always honest discussion, whether it be on the Weta forum, the Prime 1 Collectors group, or wherever. I'm sorry, when SS screws up they get eviscerated, and rightfully so. But when Weta screws up you get a handful of people calling them out, another handful making excuses for them and the majority just don't seem to care.

Can you imagine what would happen here if SS had a contest and then changed the rules after the contest ended the way Weta just did with their Weta Collecta contest? People would be taking flame throwers to SS HQ and torch the place. What happened at the Weta forum? Not only did the vast majority not have a problem with it, those that did were called poor losers. One clown over there, when Weta explained why they chose as a winner a guy who violated the rules said, and I quote......"sounds fair to me". Seriously? And that in a nutshell, is why I am not particularly fond of forums like that. No doubt about it, the Weta forum is an excellent source of information, but it's not a place where I am going to take seriously the majority of opinions, just as I'm sure the majority of people over there have no use for mine.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:14 PM   #130
travis
A.I.M.

Lol I hear ya...fan boy fanatics ...their team/company/franchise is always right...even if wrong...its like PC applies to statues and the companies that make em...I too never have a problem letting someone know if something stinks...as long as I can back it up