Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #161
dao2
Cyclops

got my shard today! no breakages thankfully, eyes are ok. The bone paintwork is pretty lame but a wash should fix it. My friend (who does not collect statues) said she has a really nice ass but I said it'll be covered up by the cape shortly :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #162
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I just got my shipping notice. Should recieve mine by Wednesday of next week. Honestly, I don't have even the slightest bit of apprehension anymore when opening my Sideshow statues. I don't know what I did to please the Sideshow gods, but clearly I am in their favor. Its now been well over 20 statues in a row without so much as a single problem.

Knock on wood!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:29 PM   #163
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I just got my shipping notice. Should recieve mine by Wednesday of next week. Honestly, I don't have even the slightest bit of apprehension anymore when opening my Sideshow statues. I don't know what I did to please the Sideshow gods, but clearly I am in their favor. Its now been well over 20 statues in a row without so much as a single problem.

Knock on wood!
I'd say at least 50% of mine have had issues.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #164
dechirico7
The Flash

Every piece I received last year had issue. I don't think I had a single keeper from 2016. It was a bad year, very frustrating.

This year, my first piece (Dark Phoenix) arrived in excellent condition. Awesome piece.
I get the BR Catwoman Monday, hopefully she turns out the same, but I have already been reading horror stories about her.

I would like to get this piece, but I think Sideshow has a lot up their sleeves yet for this line. Especially now that we know they are revisiting characters. I will just sit back and wait.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:00 PM   #165
DTAngel
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I would like to get this piece, but I think Sideshow has a lot up their sleeves yet for this line. Especially now that we know they are revisiting characters. I will just sit back and wait.
When I got into this line I was under the naive ideia that all the original statues (and Death to come in a future, at the time) would be "The Court of the Dead", aka a small collection.
I was a bit sad with the Red Death at the time...because...even though I found it "cool".... I wouldn't want to have it in my collection and that was ruining the "completionist" in me.
It was only when I found that family tree sort of chart in the Artbook, that I realized they have at least 36 characters already named and drawn.
I might get one or another that I find particularly cool...but after this batch that's coming (hopefully) in 2017, I think I'm done with the line...
DTAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:18 AM   #166
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
My Shard arrived today!

Broken noticed the boxed looked like the parts had moved in transit. Clean break on the left arm, basically at the hilt of the sword!! Already contacted SS for a replacement part..... Let's see.

For those asking, the swords are NOT metal.

In terms of the overall statue.... It's OK, not sure if it's worth the asking price though.
So, for anyone who cares, I had a replacement arm sent to me, which arrived today - yey

Down side, it is terrible, it looks like a repair has been done to the replacement, which seems to have broken in the same place as my original piece.

All in all, really disappointed with this.

I had taken a long hiatus from Sideshow and this was the return piece.....

I have another SS piece on order, which I'm going to cancel. At the prices they're charging, with the same patchy quality (the paint apps on this statue were drastically nothing special) and unreliable customer service, it simply isn't worth the hassle.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #167
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Shard in the house! Love this so much. Mark Newman is the best. Costume fabrication by Tim and his team is also excellent. I'm a HUGE fan of mixed media, and this is a great example of how excellent it can look when done right. Love the way the cape flows and how it's displayed in the back. Another hit IMO. Well done

lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #168
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Bro are you being serious or just trolling? It's another frikking Rogue goofy eyeball portrait all over again!!!

Noooooooooooo!!!! The left eye is too far over to the left. SS paint factories just really have a hard time getting eyes right for some reason.

Send that head back and get a new one for goodness sake. The one right now IMO is

I know I'm not the only one that is seeing this...right??
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #169
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Eyes are way off and the paint on the lips looks pretty rough too....I've been looking to get her but i think i'm gonna wait and get one 2nd hand so i can confirm on the pics if the eyes are good.

It's like QOTD all over again trying to get a good back tattoo...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #170
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

No, it's not a troll, no one is paying me to give a positive review or try and hype it up....

It's not off, that picture (didn't notice until I posted) has glare which makes it looks weird. She's looking to the left. Look in the mirror and look in that direction and take a picture. That's how the eye naturally moves. Here is a different picture at a different angle. It's perfectly fine.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote