Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-19-2017, 04:12 AM   #6551
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Are YOU serious?

Your response shows you missed the entire context or just dont comprehend principles.
So they are selling these to kids running lemonade stands now huh? After Four long years, so, so, close!

You are really being rediculous, especially since they don't provide any kind of counter to how many are left. The entirety of the trinity has been presumed sold out multiple times by now.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:33 AM   #6552
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Dont be an ***, you know exactly what my point was.
Regardless of count left what's the difference, 6000 is 6000 advertised for 399.
But yet you prove another point of believed unethical tactics.

Apparently this topic is really causing some defending SS boys some serious butthurt, so ill leave you all with agree to disagree, good day.

And fwiw, 90% of my collection is SS and I enjoy their products.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:22 PM   #6553
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Dont be an ***, you know exactly what my point was.
Regardless of count left what's the difference, 6000 is 6000 advertised for 399.
But yet you prove another point of believed unethical tactics.

Apparently this topic is really causing some defending SS boys some serious butthurt, so ill leave you all with agree to disagree, good day.

And fwiw, 90% of my collection is SS and I enjoy their products.
Pffft, SS fanboy.

Also, you are still wrong.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #6554
COI

Alright, let's drop it. The name calling has started, which means this conversation has run its course.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #6555
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Just catching up on this thread. If there is a lesson to be learned here is to purchase what you like when you can afford it. Even with astronomical edition sizes the production costs seem to be a real thing so there are guarantees anymore. These things no longer sit there in some price protection frozen bubble.

Whoever wasn't able to pick up a Wonder Woman at $400 just has to deal with collectibles inflation or move on.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:23 AM   #6556
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Just catching up on this thread. If there is a lesson to be learned here is to purchase what you like when you can afford it. Even with astronomical edition sizes the production costs seem to be a real thing so there are guarantees anymore. These things no longer sit there in some price protection frozen bubble.

Whoever wasn't able to pick up a Wonder Woman at $400 just has to deal with collectibles inflation or move on.
I thought ww was still going for close to retail? Or a little more?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:22 PM   #6557
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Bowen or Bust posted this in the Superman PF thread.

Maybe this is true for WW.

The flesh paint apps are far and away a vast improvement. Apparently the resin upgrade is the "smooth on" type resin used by makers of resin kits like King Kong's Model mansion. It takes paint easier and it keeps a great color. Superman's flesh looks like something Hot Toys would paint as opposed to what it looked like before, with varying degrees of hues and imperfections that we all have... instead of a flat, even statue/mannequin appearance. The veins in Superman's hands have a look that appears to be actual veins. Faint but realistically noticeable underscored blue. It looks like silicone to be honest and its very impressive. The eyes are remarkably high gloss and actually look wet.

The base has more white at the top and more blue at the bottom as opposed to earlier releases. It is coated with a gloss clear coat that is quite nice and thick. Protecting the paint better than the previous flat and somewhat chalky finish first run. Of the two I saw, one had a cape that was painted extremely dark red, and the other had a cape that looked exactly like the EX version first run, with dark red and bright red hi-lights. Boots are noticeably darker, but have brighter red high lights.

As for re-postioning...I don't think it has to do with foot placement. But the body does appear to be "torso forward" a smidge more than my ex. So they must have been paying attention to those who reported limbo versions of Supes on their shelves.

Even if you don't like the choice of red hue, SSC definitely listened to the griping of the folks who had issues with theirs first time out. I see this as an improvement. Easily worth an extra 50 clams. If you don't have one, even though it wouldn't be an exclusive, its an exceptional piece, and the upgrades help ease the pain of not having the heat vision head methinks. There you have an eye witness account of the first run EX vs. The newer version. If they use the same type of resin/paint app on the new Wonder Woman batch coming in July....there's gonna be a lot of folks who waited awhile and missed out on the EX who are going to be extremely happy. Later.

Now this lends it to a different perspective, but one I think is equally unsettling.

So if Superman was changed, and/or if WW was too, for the better in materials, QC, paint apps etc -- why should people who bought her in the beginning get an inferior looking or structurally flawed piece?!

For example -- I ordered and received a WW that was scratched and flawed. So I exchanged her, got the same damn thing again. From there, I returned the piece because I wasn't playing the QC battle with SS anymore. I WANTED to keep WW, but I deserved a statue that wasn't scratched, had paint rubs and bad hair.

Now today, she is being cranked out with higher attention to detail and better materials. WTH?! Why should I have to pay more to get that when SS is admitting they didn't give their all the first time?! Hell, I MIGHT have been OK with SS saying "when we get to batch 2/3, we can give you a replacement...." but that was never an option given to me.

And why should people who own her now, not get to exchange for a better product if they so choose? And lord if I was a person took a credit to keep a busted WW, and had her repaired, I would be heated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post

This is what I usually do and will certainly be doing from now on. Especially if the QC is on point and it's a huge edition.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #6558
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Now this lends it to a different perspective, but one I think is equally unsettling.

So if Superman was changed, and/or if WW was too, for the better in materials, QC, paint apps etc -- why should people who bought her in the beginning get an inferior looking or structurally flawed piece?!

For example -- I ordered and received a WW that was scratched and flawed. So I exchanged her, got the same damn thing again. From there, I returned the piece because I wasn't playing the QC battle with SS anymore. I WANTED to keep WW, but I deserved a statue that wasn't scratched, had paint rubs and bad hair.

Now today, she is being cranked out with higher attention to detail and better materials. WTH?! Why should I have to pay more to get that when SS is admitting they didn't give their all the first time?! Hell, I MIGHT have been OK with SS saying "when we get to batch 2/3, we can give you a replacement...." but that was never an option given to me.

And why should people who own her now, not get to exchange for a better product if they so choose? And lord if I was a person took a credit to keep a busted WW, and had her repaired, I would be heated.

I imagine a number of collectors feel the same way.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #6559
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Wait?!? WW is being made again with better materials? Is this true? Mine was flawed and I sucked it up and kept it because I didn't want to risk a worst qc piece since at the time all was like a lottery on the down side.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #6560
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Nobody has confirmed if WW is getting a better treatment, but it wouldn't surprise me since Superman has been said to have undergone some potential tweaks for the better.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote